OFFICIAL Cobbo Extends With Broncos Until 2025

He got a try assist in the first game at a crucial moment when the game was in the balance, I would jot that down as an outstanding contribution. Not many wingers will set up their centre for a try. Just on that centre, Dane Gagai's spot should be up for serious review as well.
He also botched a sitter game 2 and from memory he did something similar in game 1.

He’s a very young raw player. He’s going to have periods of incredible performances and periods of very poor performances. The risk was that if he got picked for origin it was a gamble as to which you would get and if it went wrong it could go really wrong for the poor kid.

He got a try assist in the first game at a crucial moment when the game was in the balance, I would jot that down as an outstanding contribution. Not many wingers will set up their centre for a try. Just on that centre, Dane Gagai's spot should be up for serious review as well.
4 handling errors, 5 missed tackles. **** man, put it away. Anyone who turns in those kind of numbers deserves to cop it, not get a pat on the back and told she'll be right. Gagai has played 21 Origins and he was called all shades of **** after that game.

He also botched a sitter game 2 and from memory he did something similar in game 1.

He’s a very young raw player. He’s going to have periods of incredible performances and periods of very poor performances. The risk was that if he got picked for origin it was a gamble as to which you would get and if it went wrong it could go really wrong for the poor kid.

I didn't see the sitter in Game 2

He got given the ball when he was completely marked 5 metres out and Gagai did nothing to attract a defender and the other he was completely blind-sighted, neither of these are sitters

Completely blind sighted?

To'o was between Cobbo and the ball, thus blocking his vision of the ball, in the process blind-sighting him, the last thing he is expecting is for To'o to make no contact what so ever with the footy

Not sure if you've ever played any sport at all where the aim of the game is to watch the ball so when needed you can use hand/eye co-ordination but I can tell you, exclusively, when you lose vision of the ball it's a massive disadvantage

4 handling errors, 5 missed tackles. **** man, put it away. Anyone who turns in those kind of numbers deserves to cop it, not get a pat on the back and told she'll be right. Gagai has played 21 Origins and he was called all shades of **** after that game.

You put it away, you expect perfection?

It's not happening, that's not how development works.

To'o was between Cobbo and the ball, thus blocking his vision of the ball, in the process blind-sighting him, the last thing he is expecting is for To'o to make no contact what so ever with the footy

Not sure if you've ever played any sport at all where the aim of the game is to watch the ball so when needed you can use hand/eye co-ordination but I can tell you, exclusively, when you lose vision of the ball it's a massive disadvantage

He lost sight of it for a second if that. He had more than sufficient time to score that try, but he made an error instead.

It's understandable given he's still a rookie, but to say he didn't bomb it is just ridiculous. Especially after seeing what he did to score his second try this season against the Bulldogs.

He lost sight of it for a second if that. He had more than sufficient time to score that try, but he made an error instead.

It's understandable given he's still a rookie, but to say he didn't bomb it is just ridiculous. Especially after seeing what he did to score his second try this season against the Bulldogs.

What a load of rubbish.

It makes a big difference, not just because he obviously couldn't see the ball but then he has to try and predict what is happening.. as I said, To'o missing it altogether would've been the very last thing he was thinking would happen. Players are coached to play with effort and be there "just in case" but then there's the reality of the situation, he would absolutely not have been expecting Brian To'o to have an airswing

It's not even a 50/50, you could run that same set of circumstances 100 times and I reckon it would end up in a try no more than 10 times. It's only a 50/50 if you've never played a sport in your life where you have to react to catch a ball or something like that. Every person will tell you losing sight of a ball and then being asked to react in that split second, it's one of the hardest things to do, especially a ball the shape of a footy

The Bulldogs try, he never lost sight of it, it's just that simple

Wonder if it’s been weighing on his mind the last couple of weeks. Should be able to focus solely on footy now.
I think his biggest issue lately has been his bloody studs.

He spent half of the storm game on his ass slipped over and similar in origin on a dewy field.

Maybe Nike need to give him a second pair of boots to wear in wet conditions

It makes a big difference, not just because he obviously couldn't see the ball but then he has to try and predict what is happening.. as I said, To'o missing it altogether would've been the very last thing he was thinking would happen. Players are coached to play with effort and be there "just in case" but then there's the reality of the situation, he would absolutely not have been expecting Brian To'o to have an airswing

It's not even a 50/50, you could run that same set of circumstances 100 times and I reckon it would end up in a try no more than 10 times. It's only a 50/50 if you've never played a sport in your life where you have to react to catch a ball or something like that. Every person will tell you losing sight of a ball and then being asked to react in that split second, it's one of the hardest things to do, especially a ball the shape of a footy

The Bulldogs try, he never lost sight of it, it's just that simple

Make all of the excuses you want. He bombed it, it's as simple as that.

I didn't see the sitter in Game 2

He got given the ball when he was completely marked 5 metres out and Gagai did nothing to attract a defender and the other he was completely blind-sighted, neither of these are sitters
Just to correct you here; the word is "blindsided", as in he was hit from the side on which he was blind. Hence the 2009 classic "The Blind Side" starring Sandra Bullock in which a young Michael Oher is able to be an effective defender of the blind side of the quarterback preventing the QB from being blindsided.

Edit: or based on your later description, you could perhaps use the word "blinded" or his view of the ball was obscured or obstructed.

It can't be 700k. Broncs have him for $200k next year so they basically gave him $1million for the last 2 years if that was the case. Highest reported offer from a rival club was $900k.
On the other hand the Broncs have form when it comes to shooting themselves in the foot with Haas' upgraded contract.

Just to correct you here; the word is "blindsided", as in he was hit from the side on which he was blind. Hence the 2009 classic "The Blind Side" starring Sandra Bullock in which a young Michael Oher is able to be an effective defender of the blind side of the quarterback preventing the QB from being blindsided.

Edit: or based on your later description, you could perhaps use the word "blinded" or his view of the ball was obscured or obstructed.

Not a movie fan myself so you are probably right, it just seemed logical to me to use the term “sighted” instead of “sided” when referencing one’s line of sight and what Selwyn could or couldn’t see.

Sided or sighted, he couldn’t see. That’s my point.

Not a movie fan myself so you are probably right, it just seemed logical to me to use the term “sighted” instead of “sided” when referencing one’s line of sight and what Selwyn could or couldn’t see.

Sided or sighted, he couldn’t see. That’s my point.
oh, it's a real tear jerker

Origin selection isn't development; it's the highest level of the game. HTH
It can easily be both, the player can be good enough but also not the finished article.

It was his signature move. Kick back on the inside before going out because he never cuts back inside. Let's not pretend like his try assist was an elite play, it relied on the bounce of the ball.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Organix
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.