Commonwealth Games chit chat

How long till the Commonwealth Games goes bang?

• Before the opening ceremony?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • During the opening ceremony?

• After the games when athletes are on there way home?

• Total voters
Hold the phone she could be diqualified. Protest underway.....

Over turned she gets the gold ..... Woohoo

Hang on ... Protest back on. Make up your melons...

Did you know Sally Pearson (nee McClellan) has been DQ'd in the last 2 Commonwealth Games finals she has contested (2006 Hurdles and 2010 100 flat)? Fingers crossed this trend turns around tonight and we see her win Gold.

Well she won, TAKE THAT ONE OFF US YOU POMMY BARSTARDS!!!!!

I'm surprised so many people actually care about the commonwealth games [eusa_eh

Scotty said:
I'm surprised so many people actually care about the commonwealth games [eusa_eh

For me it's only because there's jack shit all else on telly at the moment

And we can beat India in something!

I'm interested in anything Australia competes at.

Well it's pretty easy to see why so many don't. The overwhelming majority of events are hardly what you would call world-class. It's pretty hard to get excited about Aussies winning gold medals when they aren't playing in a full strength field - a bit like cheering on reserve grade with everything you've got if you ask me.

It's been great viewing! There's been some awesome stories this games, drama, intrigue, fantastic comebacks. Without doubt it's been the best international sporting event this year, by far.

Sure there's been some farcical events (I watched part of a Rugby 7s match between India and Uganda I think it was...zomg [icon_lol1. ) but it's thoroughly enjoyable overall.

Very poorly chosen host nation, poorly trained officials (ie the Sally Pearson debacle, the delays in the swimming events, wrong medals being provided in one case where there was a tie for 2nd and thus 2 silvers and no bronze, but the officials came out with a silver and bronze medal etc).

The head of the Australian Commonwealth Games has said the concept needs to evolve to improve the standard. I agree. But it's still a great event that I hope keeps happening. And can't wait til it comes to the GC!

just finished watching Laura Geitz getting all sweaty. I must admit I started to get sweaty too.

Pffft can't even beat NZ in the Yawnion..... losers.

Active Now

• barker
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • ForlovejAl
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • phoenix
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.