[Confirmed] Ben Barba signs with Cronulla

Sounds like Barba didn't like playing for us much because it didn't suit his style.

More like Barba is seriously hurting from being axed by the broncos and wishes he was still here .... That's how his comments from that sharks presser translate .. He doesn't want to be at that club but he has few other options..

If I was a sharks fan I wouldn't have liked what Barba had to say the other day.. You see it in all sports, players who get fired and turn up at a new place with a chip on their shoulder and revenge on their mind rarely succeed. It's a sure sign they're in the wrong head space.

I can buy both of those things. Our style definitely didn't suit him, and he was forced to play in a role he had no business to be in late in the season. But now he's playing for Cronulla, the joke of the NRL. The only thing they consistently win is the worst back 5 in the NRL award year after year.

Barba said it himself it's all been a shock to his system. That leads me to believe he's rushed into signing with the Sharks and it is definitely going to play with his head space. I think he should have stuck around bris as he is still being paid very well, play some good footy under the walker brothers and see where things go from there. Most importantly he would be with his family.

Barba said it himself it's all been a shock to his system. That leads me to believe he's rushed into signing with the Sharks and it is definitely going to play with his head space. I think he should have stuck around bris as he is still being paid very well, play some good footy under the walker brothers and see where things go from there. Most importantly he would be with his family.

He will be with his family anyway. They are following him.

I'm glad he left. He didn't fit in at the Broncos and I don't want them paying the kind of money he was on for a QLD Cup player.

Last edited:
In the summer RLW, Barba's manager, Gavin Orr said, about Barba, "People underestimate what he did - he worked wonders for Ben Hunt's game and made him one of the big improvers of 2014".

Maybe he he took a bit of pressure off Hunt early on, especially after his grubber for Copley right from the start but come on, made him?

Was Barba this Mohawky when he was here? He so doesn't look like he's going to party hard and enjoy his fat payday...

523973-936c5d32-7a83-11e4-a5bc-35c16e67e1c8.jpg

In the summer RLW, Barba's manager, Gavin Orr said, about Barba, "People underestimate what he did - he worked wonders for Ben Hunt's game and made him one of the big improvers of 2014".

Maybe he he took a bit of pressure off Hunt early on, especially after his grubber for Copley right from the start but come on, made him?

that's just the standard PR machine trying to polish up a fading star ...

Well credit to his manager I guess but fair dinkum he is reaching.

Was Barba this Mohawky when he was here? He so doesn't look like he's going to party hard and enjoy his fat payday...

523973-936c5d32-7a83-11e4-a5bc-35c16e67e1c8.jpg

Yeah he looks dedicated to the job at hand for sure.

If you believe rumours he is apparently on the punt pretty hard in the shire already

By virtue of him just being there he took pressure off hunt, as it meant defenses always had to keep 1 eye on Barba.

By virtue of him just being there he took pressure off hunt, as it meant defenses always had to keep 1 eye on Barba.

we're not losing anything there next season at least, Milford will be able offer Hunt that same advantage, he may even do it better than Barba, since he is in far better form.

By that theory Griffin was a mastermind for playing Hoffman at 5/8th because the opposition were in stitches.

Re: Hoffman's Facebook Comment

To me, that's not being told to leave, that's being told to be less shit. Barba could have chosen to stay, trained and played the house down in whatever comp he was in, and based on his form made it impossible for Bennett to leave him out of first grade. He chose to leave.

From memory, a similar thing happened to Michael Hancock on the mid-late 90s. He chose to stay, made it back in to first grade and won a couple more premierhsips.
Well, this is Barba's view, which added to Bennett's words, pretty much says it all... there is not doubt he was pushed out for Boy(d) wonder.
Cronulla Sharks recruit Ben Barba tells why he has returned to Sydney

The Broncos v Sharks game next year is going to be huge. Not only because of Barba but also it'll be the first time we've played them since that infamous loss at home

Yeah he looks dedicated to the job at hand for sure.

If you believe rumours he is apparently on the punt pretty hard in the shire already

Lol! The kid gets a new haircut and is shown smiling and he's "not dedicated to the job". And AP is the one with agenda!?

Fair enough, u hate barba, but really, ur clutching at straws.

Lol! The kid gets a new haircut and is shown smiling and he's "not dedicated to the job". And AP is the one with agenda!?

Fair enough, u hate barba, but really, ur clutching at straws.

I think the dedication to the job was being disputed by pointing out that he has been seen having a punt. Something that threw his whole life into turmoil at one point.

I think the dedication to the job was being disputed by pointing out that he has been seen having a punt. Something that threw his whole life into turmoil at one point.

I still think it's clutching at straws. From reading that interview it sounds like both him and his missus have both matured a lot since his dark days. The kid is surely allowed to partake in a hobby of his without everyone assuming he's relapsed.

I still think it's clutching at straws. From reading that interview it sounds like both him and his missus have both matured a lot since his dark days. The kid is surely allowed to partake in a hobby of his without everyone assuming he's relapsed.

You're right. But B4L said if you believe the rumours. The first part might not have even been sarcastic. I'm not sure.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • Stix
  • thenry
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Bronco bob
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Browny
  • mystico
  • Inknition
  • Ondi
  • broncsgoat
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.