[Confirmed] Russell Packer -->Not the Broncos

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

just respect my viewpoint rather than degrading it with garbage about crying in a corner.

What? If I am directing something at you, I'll quote you or say your name, I was just talking in general. Anyone who would stop supporting a club because of a player signing isn't a real fan, despite how disgusting that player might be.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Re: Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

Wow, I cannot believe some people actually consider hiring this piece of scum, just because WB might think it's ok... :crazy:

Where has anyone said they would sign him simply because WB thinks it's ok?

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

What? If I am directing something at you, I'll quote you or say your name, I was just talking in general. Anyone who would stop supporting a club because of a player signing isn't a real fan, despite how disgusting that player might be.

You can't really say that man. Players and their behaviour are a reflection of the club's integrity. People have their own moral and ethical standards and if that clashes with the perceived standards of their club and it's desire to sign certain players then they are well within their rights to refuse to support that club.

People did that with the Titans when they signed Bird

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Anyone who would stop supporting a club because of a player signing isn't a real fan, despite how disgusting that player might be.

Well that's just plain bullshit mate.

What if our club employed a 'no blacks or gays' policy or some dumb arse backward shit like that?

People have principles.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

I see your point mate, but I'd like to think the club has raised their standards just a little from 20 years ago.

Australian society is much different nowadays.

This statement is just ridiculous. The social standards of Australian society now is so much lower it is not funny. You can blame the do gooders for that problem.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Russell Packer isn't even good. Fat and lazy. Really questioning the hiring of Wayne Bennett TBH.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

I would be more concerned about Packer if he had got off but just like the brilliant Joe Kilroy he paid his price for the crime. I am torn on this decision but if he comes it should be on a one strike and you're gone contract.

BTW who said they know nothing about Joey. You should try delving into the club history, he was a crowd favourite

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Packer is not that good, anyway.

He makes **** all metres, he barely breaks tackles, the only thing he is pretty good at is defense.

He is fat and lazy, simple as that. I would rather have Mason. You would get more out of him.

He is like Hala, he makes 1 or 2 good runs and follows it up with a bunch of crap.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Everyone makes mistakes. He didn't kill anyone. He has gone to jail, done his time and if he wants to turn his life around he deserves the chance

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Why not? Countless others have
Well that makes it ok then. Time for the NRL to sack up and put a stop to grubs like him playing in the NRL.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Well that makes it ok then. Time for the NRL to sack up and put a stop to grubs like him playing in the NRL.

That's not gonna happen. Reality is he will be applying aggression and mongrel to a team next year.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

That's not gonna happen. Reality is he will be applying aggression and mongrel to a team next year.
I hope not, because a grub of his caliber doesn't deserve a chance to be regarded and/or paid as an elite sportsman, much less at my club.
I won't stop supporting them, but I would certainly vomit a little bit in my mouth every time he was named in the team!

I wonder if you'd feel the same way if the bloke he stomped on was your brother...?

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014

No quotes! It's speculation. Yeah Bennett wanted him at the knights doesn't mean he wants him at broncos. We have McGuire, Garbutt, Kennedy, Hannant, Hala and Molo we don't need that grub :)

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Well that's just plain bullshit mate.

What if our club employed a 'no blacks or gays' policy or some dumb arse backward shit like that?

People have principles.

What a great comparison you've made, they're completely similar things Ning, signing a guy who's been to jail; being a self-proclaimed racist and homophobic club.. Good one buddy.

I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over us signing Packer, even if I do hate his guts and am disgusted by what he did. I'm sorry if the thought of having an ex-convict on your team is too much for you to bear, whatever you do, don't support American sporting teams, there's ex-cons in every team, in every sport.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
re: [Confirmed] Russell Packer --> Panthers

If he does come here, he better step up like Kennedy has in recent weeks. I want him making 100 metres every game.

Unread

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dexter
  • Galah
  • Stix
  • Bronco bob
  • Rowdy124
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Jeza23
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.