[Confirmed] Russell Packer -->Not the Broncos

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

What a great comparison you've made, they're completely similar things Ning, signing a guy who's been to jail; being a self-proclaimed racist and homophobic club.. Good one buddy.

I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over us signing Packer, even if I do hate his guts and am disgusted by what he did. I'm sorry if the thought of having an ex-convict on your team is too much for you to bear, whatever you do, don't support American sporting teams, there's ex-cons in every team, in every sport.

I initially misread your post, hence my comparison doesn't make much sense (or any sense at all). My bad.

I generally don't care about ex-cons, unless they've done something extreme, like hmmm, I don't know... trying to kill someone. I don't know why you're bringing American teams into this - this is about the Broncos, no other club.

Anyway, apologies for putting my ethics ahead of a sporting team. How silly of me.

------------------------------------------------------

You're a good egg, Unbreakable, and I enjoy reading your posts, so I'm just gonna agree to disagree rather than have this continue on in circles. :handshake:

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
re: [Confirmed] Russell Packer --> Panthers

I hope not, because a grub of his caliber doesn't deserve a chance to be regarded and/or paid as an elite sportsman, much less at my club.
I won't stop supporting them, but I would certainly vomit a little bit in my mouth every time he was named in the team!

I wonder if you'd feel the same way if the bloke he stomped on was your brother...?

Obviously not but the guy isn't my brother, what's the point of that question?

In regards to the first sentence it doesn't matter what we hope, he will be playing. People have short memories. Inglis did what he did and he is talked up like a future immortal these days. Bird is his clubs captain etc etc

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Re: Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

Porthoz may be right though, I would turn my nose up at Packer were it not for the notion that WB may see something in him. It's kind of like trusting some one else's judgement when you don't have all the facts. Like I wrote earlier, WB may know more than us, there may be a great deal more to the story of Packer. You would think some people here would have learned that lesson when they screamed and cried about Darius Boyd only to read his gut wrenching story and suddenly, armed with a new insight ,change their opinion. I just wish people would stop being so fucking arbitrary, so self righteous ,so certain of their opinion. The ability to change ones mind is a strength and not a weakness. It means you don't always know everything.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Re: Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

Porthoz may be right though, I would turn my nose up at Packer were it not for the notion that WB may see something in him. It's kind of like trusting some one else's judgement when you don't have all the facts. Like I wrote earlier, WB may know more than us, there may be a great deal more to the story of Packer. You would think some people here would have learned that lesson when they screamed and cried about Darius Boyd only to read his gut wrenching story and suddenly, armed with a new insight ,change their opinion. I just wish people would stop being so fucking arbitrary, so self righteous ,so certain of their opinion. The ability to change ones mind is a strength and not a weakness. It means you don't always know everything.

Well said

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

003203-9693ef40-30df-11e4-aafa-2c4cfd90ea1d.jpg

Just thought this might be an appropriate addition to the 'No' argument

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Packer's Statistics

Appearances: 9
Tries: 1
Avg Tackles: 15.3
Avg Runs: 6.4
Avg Mts Gained: 54
Tackle Breaks: 5
Linebreaks: 1
Offloads: 8
Try Assists: 1

Appearances: 24 (4 off the bench)
Avg Tackles: 21.4
Avg Runs: 9.3
Avg Metres Gained: 85.1m
Tacklebreaks: 11
Offloads: 9

Appearances: 24 (3 off the bench)
Avg Tackles: 26.9
Avg Runs: 11.7
Avg Metres Gained: 99.8
Tacklebreaks: 26
Offloads: 4

Appearances: 21 (10 off the bench)
Tries: 3
Avg Tackles: 23.1
Avg Runs: 11.8
Avg Metres Gained: 99.5
Tacklebeaks: 29
Linebreaks: 3
Offloads: 10

2008 (Debut)
Appearances: 5 (all off the bench)
Avg Tackles: 18
Avg Runs: 7.4
Avg Metres Gained: 53.4

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

003203-9693ef40-30df-11e4-aafa-2c4cfd90ea1d.jpg

Just thought this might be an appropriate addition to the 'No' argument
This is the fear factor we need against other teams, sign him up now. Let's see the the Roosters treat us with contempt then

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Obviously not but the guy isn't my brother, what's the point of that question?

In regards to the first sentence it doesn't matter what we hope, he will be playing. People have short memories. Inglis did what he did and he is talked up like a future immortal these days. Bird is his clubs captain etc etc
So, you're okay with thugs being "rehabilitated", as long as the victim is not someone close to you.
I on the other hand, look at the act, not who the victim is, to make a judgement.
My issue is not with being an ex-con, it's with what he's done to be an ex-con in the first place.

As disgusting as what Bird and Inglis did is, it's not even in the same continent as what Packer did. He's lucky he's not a murderer FFS!

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

Packer's Statistics

Appearances: 9
Avg Tackles: 15.3
Avg Runs: 6.4
Avg Mts Gained: 54
Tackle Breaks: 5
Offloads: 8

Appearances: 24 (4 off the bench)
Avg Tackles: 21.4
Avg Runs: 9.3
Avg Metres Gained: 85.1m
Tacklebreaks: 11
Offloads: 9

Appearances: 24 (3 off the bench)
Avg Tackles: 26.9
Avg Runs: 11.7
Avg Metres Gained: 99.8
Tacklebreaks: 26
Offloads: 4

Appearances: 21 (10 off the bench)
Tries: 3
Avg Tackles: 23.1
Avg Runs: 11.8
Avg Metres Gained: 99.5
Tacklebeaks: 29
Linebreaks: 3
Offloads: 10

2008 (Debut)
Appearances: 5 (all off the bench)
Avg Tackles: 18
Avg Runs: 7.4
Avg Metres Gained: 53.4
to be fair BP this is not about statistics this is about intimidation

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

So, you're okay with thugs being "rehabilitated", as long as the victim is not someone close to you.
I on the other hand, look at the act, not who the victim is, to make a judgement.
My issue is not with being an ex-con, it's with what he's done to be an ex-con in the first place.

As disgusting as what Bird and Inglis did is, it's not even in the same continent as what Packer did. He's lucky he's not a murderer FFS!

Well, Bird and Inglis and Lui and even Carney could have killed people with the illegal things they did.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

That's right he assaulted a man that threw a punch at him where the other two only hit a defenseless female.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

I was just posting statistics up for those who were interested.

I take it they didn't impress you?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Well, Bird and Inglis and Lui and even Carney could have killed people with the illegal things they did.

Anyone done for drink driving is also lucky they're not murderers as well.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

I was just posting statistics up for those who were interested.

I take it they didn't impress you?
Not really but I never look at stats I just try to get a feel for what they are offering the team

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

That's right he assaulted a man that threw a punch at him where the other two only hit a defenseless female.

And then stomped his head once he was knocked out on the ground

I respect your opinions on most things mate, but you're way off base here

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Then stomped a bloke on the ground...

He is just as bad as the others that people keep mentioning and they want him at the club...

Last edited:
Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

I have done a lot of things I regret on alcohol and I bet Packer is the same now.
This might surprise a lot of you but I respect the fact he pleaded guilty, a lot of footballers have hid behind the closed doors of their club. Some of these May well have been players you looked up to at the Broncos.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

BTW I have not said I definitely want him here it is just the fact I know he is desperately what we need. Ask JWH whether he would rather face Packer or Hannant for your answer

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Robboi_321
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Scdeac
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • mrslong
  • johnny plath
  • Maroon4life
  • Redfern_1980
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Aldo
  • Organix
  • Seibs
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.