OFFICIAL Congrats Alex Glenn Captain 2020

Broncos

I'm amazed 3% of voters (around 20 people!) wanted Boyd retained. Must have a lot of relatives voting.

I'm not sure any amount of time will sway the morons that make up the general public. The way they carry on about Lodge, you'd think he raped and murdered that family.
The NRL missed a trick there: they should've used that incident to warn of the dangers of mixing benzos and benzo-like hypnotics and alcohol. After hearing the entire story, and factoring in his age, I'm giving him a free pass on that one.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the only incident that's led to his reputation being less than Broncos' captain material:

I'm not sure any amount of time will sway the morons that make up the general public. The way they carry on about Lodge, you'd think he raped and murdered that family.
Honestly, for a percentage of people that will be true, but he really only needs to worry about swaying the Brisbane/Queensland general public, and some success and hard work at the Broncos will go a long way to achieving that. He's got a fairly powerful organisation behind him who can spend the next couple of years helping to build up that narrative if that is the direction we are planning to go in.

Hell, he probably even has a chance of turning a few Sydney/NSW fans if he can earn an Origin jersey or two and distinguish himself in those colours (I won't be hoping for this myself though).

Sexy Lexy was easily the best choice and well deserved. I'm struggling to remember, but was he playing the full 80 last year? Clearly they haven't named a co captain but any word on a VC?

All Lodge needs to do to be forgiven by the public is get selected and put a few good games together for the blues.

Same with The Mole. He had the Broncos trying to offload Glenn.

FWIW, Badel usually pans out these days. He called Glenn being retained and Boyd being dropped as skipper. I think they would've preferred Lodge but it didn't market test well.

Boyd is the first Broncos skipper to be demoted. Corey Parker was relieved of co-captaincy, but that doesn't really count.
I got a feeling back in 1990 king Wal was axed for Geno

Same with The Mole. He had the Broncos trying to offload Glenn.

FWIW, Badel usually pans out these days. He called Glenn being retained and Boyd being dropped as skipper. I think they would've preferred Lodge but it didn't market test well.

Boyd is the first Broncos skipper to be demoted. Corey Parker was relieved of co-captaincy, but that doesn't really count.
Sam Thaiday was demoted similarly. I feel for Darius but believe it was the right call. I really hope he can make a red hot shot without the burden of captaincy and may actually be a better player for it.
But if not his removal from the team won't be as disruptive and Glenn's consistency will have the team more settled.

I got a feeling back in 1990 king Wal was axed for Geno
Good call. Forgot all about that one.
[automerge]1579831326[/automerge]
Sam Thaiday was demoted similarly.
He was definitely encouraged to step down:

"After a long season, I came home and had a couple of lengthy chats with the coach and the coach's thoughts were that it would best for myself and the team and I play my best football when I don't have the added responsibility of being Broncos captain”

Last edited:
I think this confirms Alex for a full 80 minutes so TPJ is almost a lock in for lock.

Thought the way to do this would be to hold a press conference with both Darius and Alex attending, seems kinda odd that they didn't. Wonder if Boyd is bitter about the whole thing.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • theshed
  • Scorchie
  • Wolfie
  • kiwi2
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tim K
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • kman
  • Xzei
  • Allo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.