Conspiracy Theories - why the fails?

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
What is it guys?

This is the list of the conspiracy theories/rumours at Red Hill.

• "Rat" in the ranks
  • Players doing coke in sydney night club toilets
  • Hunt and Macca hate each other
  • Too many ego's
  • The players don't like Corey/won't play for him
  • Wayne is too old, has lost the locker room
  • Corey was pushed
  • Maranta and others getting selected even though they don't deserve it.....no need to put in.

There's a lot of smoke there. Does any of this have anything to do with the disgraceful way we are playing?

Or is it simply a complete and total loss of confidence in themselves and one another, on top of injuries, suspensions and dodgy refereeing when you have no idea what the results will be depending on who's in the box or behind the whistle.

You can add- dumping a popular team player to bring someone else in*

You could draw parallels between Souths/Burgess and Broncos/Roberts.

*not that I personally think it was a bad idea, but it may be a factor

If the players are unhappy with the dumping of Copley, then they need to get over it and stop being sooks.

That's footy. You lose players, you keep players.

Copley was offering us next to nothing at the time. He had been in the NRL for 5 years and had one good season. That's it. He was injury prone the rest of the time.

In his games in 2015, he was never able to recapture his form and injuries did play a part, but what were the Broncos supposed to do? Keep him on the books and hope he came good? He is still having the same issue at Roosters and had one great game against a side that's playing no better than the Knights.

I liked Copley, I was hoping we kept him, but he was forcing the Broncos hand.

We needed a replacement for Hodges and he wasn't showing why it should have been him.

Personally, I think the player at the heart of this is Parker and I don't think it was because Bennett gave him a tap on the shoulder.

Last edited:
If the players are unhappy with the dumping of Copley, then they need to get over it and stop being sooks.

Copley was offering us next to nothing at the time. He had been in the NRL for 5 years and had one good season. That's it. He was injury prone the rest of the time.

In his games in 2015, he was never able to recapture his form and injuries did play a part, but what were the Broncos supposed to do? Keep him on the books and hope he came good? He is still having the same issue at Roosters and had one great game against a side that's playing no better than the Knights.

We needed a replacement for Hodges and he wasn't showing why it should have been him.

Personally, I think the player at the heart of this is Parker and I don't think it was because Bennett gave him a tap on the shoulder.

I agree with everything you've said here.

What bugs me about the Parker thing is how if someone is apparently so unliked, why was he kept around for so long, let alone made captain not once, but twice.
Pethsps the Webckes and Civonicevas of the world kept him in his place back in the day, but even then, why make him captain now?

Surely Bennett, the master man manager, wouldn't make such a supposedly divisive figure captain.

What is it guys?

This is the list of the conspiracy theories/rumours at Red Hill.

• "Rat" in the ranks
  • Players doing coke in sydney night club toilets
  • Hunt and Macca hate each other
  • Too many ego's
  • The players don't like Corey/won't play for him
  • Wayne is too old, has lost the locker room
  • Corey was pushed
  • Maranta and others getting selected even though they don't deserve it.....no need to put in.

There's a lot of smoke there. Does any of this have anything to do with the disgraceful way we are playing?

Or is it simply a complete and total loss of confidence in themselves and one another, on top of injuries, suspensions and dodgy refereeing when you have no idea what the results will be depending on who's in the box or behind the whistle.

These are the ones we should be worried about.

I agree with everything you've said here.

What bugs me about the Parker thing is how if someone is apparently so unliked, why was he kept around for so long, let alone made captain not once, but twice.
Pethsps the Webckes and Civonicevas of the world kept him in his place back in the day, but even then, why make him captain now?

Surely Bennett, the master man manager, wouldn't make such a supposedly divisive figure captain.

Lack of options, perhaps.

Boyd didn't want the captaincy. Neither did Sam and I don't think he feels Hunt and Gillett are ready for it.

I just find it strange why it appears Parker was never first choice for the captain role.. Even when he got it back in 2014, he was sharing it with Hodgo. It's like Griffin had no confidence in him to be the sole captain.

On your other point, I think the reason it wasn't much of a problem in the past is because of the other senior players we had, including Hodgo. Now they are gone and we've been a different side this year, even when we were winning.

Last edited:
Lack of options, perhaps.

Boyd didn't want the captaincy. Neither did Sam and I don't think he feels Hunt and Gillett are ready for it.

I think the reason it wasn't much of a problem in the past is because of the other senior players we have, including Hodgo. Now they are gone and we've been a different side this year, even when we were winning.
That was my thoughts too. The captaincy options were definitely limited this year. Boyd was the next best option, but wasn't ready at the start of the year.

The question is, any chance we cut our losses and make Boyd captain for the rest of the year?

So I really have no actual idea on this topic. But this year Parker is basically left as the most experienced player in the team, and of course is the captain. And this is a first for him. As said previously Hodges was a foil to that last year. So there should be big questions asked about him at this point and it's not unfair to do so. Both as a leader of culture and as a leader of people. So for me this topic is leaning towards a critique of Corey. Whether that's directly due to his behaviour, or to his lack of capacity to engage with other player issues in the camp if indeed it as this thread alludes.

Last edited:
You forgot to mention the Reptilian Shapeshifting Secret Society. Pretty sure I saw Roberts' real teeth last night.

You've got it all wrong. I'm pretty sure he's a reverse vampire. That's why he has played so bad since coming to the Broncos - all night games.

We're through the looking glass here, people.

Agree with all this, particularly the last part.

Admittedly I'm speculating significantly from what i saw in a single game here, but I thought in the match against Souths that our attitude and commitment looked better than what it had in previous matches, which "coincidentally" was the game that Parker sat out and Boyd was captain. If Parker is indeed the problem, I hope Bennett dumps him and promotes Boyd to captain this season.

You forgot the one about how Milford is upset Bennett wouldn't let him play for Samoa.

You forgot the one about how Milford is upset Bennett wouldn't let him play for Samoa.

And a few of the young blokes are cranky about not getting an Origin gig earlier in the year. Now Kevvie is coming back, watch it all go to shi.......oh nvm.

This news has blown me for six.
Parker has been with us for years.

Would a whole team be fractured because he's captain?
He admitted being a bit of a hotshot when he joined.
But in the back end of his career he's been in amazing form, particularly last year and the joy and camaraderie when he scored a try.
But yeah he was in tears announcing his retirement.
I wondered was it nostalgia?
Or was he feeling used and spat out?

Ever since the clubs gone to shit, his games just off so it maybe makes sense?

While i dont think Parker is a great captain, and i dont think the players try for him the way they did for Hodgo, I know he isnt hated by the playing group.

I think a massive part of it is the lack of a larrikin. Parker looks as fun as walking around in wet socks.

Hodgo was always having fun, and always getting the team to cheer up by being a funny fucker. Who's the fun guy now? Only Thaiday.

There is no smiling, no happiness, no laughing. Even after tries, few littles hugs, and an ass slap.

The rumours of Parker being a bit of a dick have been around for a bloody long time though. Well before he was made captain.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Nerd
  • Rambstien
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.