Conspiracy Theories - why the fails?

Bennett needs to lock them in a hotel room with a shit tonne of alcohol and nobody comes out til it's all gone and they either kill each other or sort their shit out.

Last edited:
That was my thoughts too. The captaincy options were definitely limited this year. Boyd was the next best option, but wasn't ready at the start of the year.

The question is, any chance we cut our losses and make Boyd captain for the rest of the year?

I can't remember the last time Bennett has changed captains so late in the season.

I don't think he ever has this late without injuries forcing his hand.

We're stuck with Parker until he retires, unfortunately.

Last edited:
It's got nothing to do with Parker - in a bad way anyway, the guy was negotiating contract extension, the retirement thing came from nowhere!!
The rat incident doesn't coincide with form slump. BUT, the forwards are offering nothing in the second half of the year.
Injuries and suspension hasn't helped.
Complacency and weaknesses are now getting exposed.
The premiership favourites tag is a mocker on any team.
I think we did everything last year that was supposed to happen this year - what goes up eventually come down.

I heard rumours regarding that whole "rat" incident, and that it was an actual "dead rat" as oppose to a picture of one. Anyone else confirm/deny?

I heard rumours regarding that whole "rat" incident, and that it was an actual "dead rat" as oppose to a picture of one. Anyone else confirm/deny?

I'm not sure about that. I did read somewhere though that while filming Suicide Squad Jared Leto, who plays the Joker, sent Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn) a live rat as a gift. Could be a connection.

There was none of this talk at the start of the season when we were top of the table with only one loss. The fails are due to injuries and suspension. You cannot win a premiership with 7 regular first graders out. If we get the full amount of troops back for the last few games of the season we may be a chance. Injuries cause new combinations and players with less experience playing.

I cannot believe it, the Titans are two points away from us.

I laugh at how everyone says all this bullshit just because we haven't been performing recently.

If Corey Parker is hated by the group, how come we were on top after the first 10 rounds?

If Anthony Milford isn't a five-eighth, how come he was the best player in the competition for the first 10 rounds?

Etc, etc, etc

The reason why we are lacking form is because:

The players thought they could just turn up and win against anybody.

We've struggled to field our Top 17 for the last 10 rounds due to State of Origin and a growing injury toll.

I am confident we can turn it around and win the 2016 NRL Premiership.

I laugh at how everyone says all this bullshit just because we haven't been performing recently.

If Corey Parker is hated by the group, how come we were on top after the first 10 rounds?

If Anthony Milford isn't a five-eighth, how come he was the best player in the competition for the first 10 rounds?

Etc, etc, etc

We've struggled to field our Top 17 for the last 10 rounds due to State of Origin and a growing injury toll.

Thanks Wayne, uhm, I mean Milf

Etc, etc, etc

I admire and respect your optimism, and I dearly hope you are right. My fear is that all of you optimistic souls are going to end up looking like a bunch of Comic Alis:

yes we have them on the run everywhere, we are pushing them back into the sea etc etc, but wait, is that an American tank coming up the street towards you.

It is only round 12, plenty of time, it is only round 16 heaps of time yet, 10 rounds to go, we always slump during origin etc etc

its not how a team or an individual plays under the best of circumstances but how it plays when the chips are down. Transient success due to a halo effect (or whatever the surge is due to)can paper over a lot of cracks but as soon as the facade fails the whole house falls down. Sound familiar?

There is likely a lot of things wrong at the Broncos now. Doesn't have to be a conspiracy but likely an interplay of crap. Best to accept it and deal with the consequences now then double down on failure.

its not how a team or an individual plays under the best of circumstances but how it plays when the chips are down. Transient success due to a halo effect (or whatever the surge is due to)can paper over a lot of cracks but as soon as the facade fails the whole house falls down. Sound familiar?

There is likely a lot of things wrong at the Broncos now. Doesn't have to be a conspiracy but likely an interplay of crap. Best to accept it and deal with the consequences now then double down on failure.

So what you're saying is that jet fuel can melt steel beams?

I admire and respect your optimism, and I dearly hope you are right. My fear is that all of you optimistic souls are going to end up looking like a bunch of Comic Alis:

yes we have them on the run everywhere, we are pushing them back into the sea etc etc, but wait, is that an American tank coming up the street towards you.

It is only round 12, plenty of time, it is only round 16 heaps of time yet, 10 rounds to go, we always slump during origin etc etc

Tonight showed what missing one crucial player can do to a team. Thurston out - Morgan was very ordinary. It has a flow on effect. Imagine if the Cows had of had 7 players out tonight and then had a winger concussed early in the game and Ray Thompson was forced to the wing, I'm pretty sure the Storm would have put 50 on them.

Tonight showed what missing one crucial player can do to a team. Thurston out - Morgan was very ordinary. It has a flow on effect. Imagine if the Cows had of had 7 players out tonight and then had a winger concussed early in the game and Ray Thompson was forced to the wing, I'm pretty sure the Storm would have put 50 on them.

This is a really good point. Brings things into perspective1

With the whole Parker/Captaincy thing, you dont see how good a captain really is until things start going a little wrong, and ours just isn't stepping up to the plate i'm sad to say. Its easy leading a team with no adversity, not so easy when you have to inspire them.

There's a whole host of things not working for us at the moment, and we'll never know all of them.

I've given up on this year; we will make the 8 and bow out in the first week. My main hope at this year is that it stirs the fire in the bellies again, and make whatever changes are necessary to be a force again next year. That's my biggest concern - we are seriously underperforming, we can be so much better. Next year I hope we are.

With the whole Parker/Captaincy thing, you dont see how good a captain really is until things start going a little wrong, and ours just isn't stepping up to the plate i'm sad to say. Its easy leading a team with no adversity, not so easy when you have to inspire them.

It's also a dead giveaway, as Parker is clearly too afraid to yell at the players to pull their heads in because he worries it'll only make his image in their eyes worse. Hodgo got away with it because he was actually respected. Who was the first guy Hunt walked over to after full time in the GF?

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.