Cooper Cronk wins the Golden Boot

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Well, Cronk won the Golden Boot.

A shame really, I thought Darius deserved it.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
That's a head scratcher. Even if you don't count Darius, there were more deserving players imo. That said, it's been a bit of a joke award for a while now.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
That's a head scratcher. Even if you don't count Darius, there were more deserving players imo. That said, it's been a bit of a joke award for a while now.

The award lost a lot of credibility for me when they gave it to Sinfield despite it being pretty obvious Cameron Smith was the best player in 2012.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The award lost a lot of credibility for me when they gave it to Sinfield despite it being pretty obvious Cameron Smith was the best player in 2012.

And if that wasn't enough to show the award has lost all credibility, it definitely lost it when they gave it to Shaun Johnson in 2014.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
He did win the Dally M this year, so it's hardly a surprise. I thought Boyd was a real shot considering his Four Nations form and the fact that international performances are supposed to have greater weighting.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The magazine clearly threw their hands up and just went with the safe option. Cronk was the Dally M player and one of the stand outs for the Kangaroos, ergo he pips Boyd and co. for the award.

I would have voted for Bromwich.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Alihaider
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.