OFFICIAL Corey Oates Announces Retirement

He's such a good bloke - needs to be part of the club's sponsorship/commercial team.

My favourite thing about him was how he continually stayed despite the larger offers elsewhere, we don't see loyalty like this in our game much.

No no no. This breaks my heart. Honestly, my head knows he really was probably done but my heart refused to admit it. Cannot believe he is done, I remember fondly his debut. Man this one hurts more for some reason.

Bloody Madge already breaking up the team structure /jk

In all seriousness he was our best winger and definitely gave 200% for the team. Unfortunately the world got faster but nothing exceeded his passion on the field. A true Bronco 🫡🫡

Damn - I think it's the right call (I dare say Madge has had a word), but he deserves a proper send-off rather than a random announcement in the off-season when no one's paying attention.

Couldn't ask for more from the bloke. He's been incredibly loyal and is up there with our best ever wingers.

Congratulations Oatesey on a great career. Was always one of my favourites. It’s a shame that the result overshadowed his grand final try which was one of the all time greats. Glad he will remain involved with the club.

Badel (rugby league reporting in general) is a disgrace.

To start his headline is that we are parting ways with Oates. With the majority of the article about how he failed to secure a new deal.

There is only one small paragraph that even hints at retirement:

It’s unknown if the former Queensland Origin winger has plans to sign with another NRL club but Oates is said to be weighing up retirement to possibly take up an ambassador’s role for the Broncos.

On the plus side the article does show that Badel has no insiders left at the club, as this article was published at 8 am this morning which was the same time I heard about Oates retiring on the radio.

Good on ya Corey....thanks for not dragging it out any further.

All the best....!!

Hall Of Fame Game Nfl GIF

Must have been young when he cost us a premiership.
Get out. Go blame the three "legends" who couldn't tackle a stationary Thurston, or Milford's inability to wrap Morgan up before you even get to Oates' involvement. And thats before we even talk about Hunt's lazy ball protection downfield.

I'm really bummed to see Corey go - the last link to Lockyer's era :(

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Reds2011
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • upthebroncs
  • RolledOates
  • KevieBurnerAccount
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.