Corey Parker

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
The role of goal kicker is the most important aspect of the game. Every NRL game is so tight these days, especially finals matches. The fact is, Parker misses far too many conversions and penalty kicks. It's the difference between a win and a loss. It needs to be fixed. Far too costly considering the closeness of fixtures these days.

He's missed the important ones far too often this season. Extremely frustrating.

Lucky we won. Will cost us much more next time.

It thoroughly concerns me and has for many weeks.Someone needs to sort it out. Would have been a formality tonight had he converted as he should.

Is he really that bad compared to other NRL kickers? Someone post the stats.

He's been working harder than anyone this season, other than arguably McGuire over the last month or so. We should find another kicker to relieve him of the pressure.

It's really letting Brisbane down at the moment. I'm not sure we should use an alternative, I feel he just needs to sort it out. He has absolutely nailed them from everywhere over the past few seasons in every type of sitation imaginable. Something isn't quite right.

There's a fair degree of situtional emotion in this post. I'm sure he himself would admit that he is slightly off target at the business end though.

Stat wise yes he is down this season but to be honest outside of Wallace who strikes at around the same percentage anyway who else do we have? Lockyer kicks at a lesser percentage over the years when he has kicked so I wouldn't be rushing to pick him and Ben Hunt is only present on the field when McCollough is off so really unless his playing in the halves I don't see him as our regular goalkicker.

He's a gun kicker. But I imagine those legs are probably pretty tired after all the other work he does. I'd like to see Wallace or Beale have a kick, if they've got the talent.

Keep him. When he gets in to his usual flow he is razor sharp in terms of his precision and radar. He has been one of the form and standout kickers in the last couple of seasons. Maybe it's psychological or indeed the result of being overworked in terms of overall effort and responsiblity as previously suggested in this thread.

We don't have any alternatives, he's probably got tired legs as he gets through a mountain of work every game.

I hope he practices his goal kicking over time this week.

I hope he does too. When the defence is staunch and virtually inpenetratable as it was tonight, penalty kicks become a vital and solitary means of acquiring points.

Just as a team in attack can never afford to be wasteful when points are on offer for the red hot taking, neither can a first choice kicker squander chances.

It's the same thing that made Locky hand over the role. So much pressure on the field it takes a toll on kicking.

Our only other option is Wallace so we keep Parker

He definitely has the ability and technique to kick them, so it must be a mental thing. One week he'll be brilliant, the next... not so much.

For instance, last weekend against the Warriors he was hitting them as sweet as ever. It's just so frustrating knowing that most other teams have kickers who are almost guaranteed of converting chances, but with Parker it seems to change each week.

He dead set couldn't kick his nanna down the steps when we really need it but there is no one else.

He has one good game on bad game in the kicking department, Tonight was his bad game, Next week against Manly will be his good week

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Santa
  • Pablo
  • Battler
  • Alec
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • barker
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.