NEWS Crime State Police Minister: cancel Haas for life

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Screenshot 2021 02 06 NRL to sanction Haas MP calls for life ban

If NSW Police Minister David Elliott has his way, serial roughneck Payne Haas will be rocking up to Centrelink Monday morning and declaring himself unfit for work. The NRL integrity unit, which is responsible for molding roughnecks into upstanding hardmen, is expected to suspend Haas for the opening rounds and fine him $20,000. But Elliott says that's not enough blood, especially for a - gasp - Muslim:

“My personal view — given that he blatantly threatened violence against a woman and also because he has form — is that they should rid the game of him. I’m very confident Peter V’landys will deal with him in an appropriate manner. It’s a bad image for this behaviour to be condoned — the magistrate penalty was disappointing to say the least. It wasn’t a case of him telling a copper to get stuffed; he verbally abused two police officers, one of whom was a woman. The last time this happened, he claimed he was converting to Islam and would not be drinking any more and then goes and gets drunk. It really goes to his credibility.”

Gotham scn15pt1 jn0889 f 996065

Crime state boss: justice must be served.

Trusty sidekick Crime State Police Commissioner Mick Fuller doubled down with menace:

"You’d have to be living under a rock not to know that policing in NSW … is very different to anywhere else in the world."

Screen shot 2016 03 09 at 102145 AM

New South Welshman

The NRL Integrity Commission is also understood to be looking very closely at another
serial New South Welshman, Kotoni Staggs, with similar reservations about his ability to integrate into the Sunshine State culture.

McHunt

Last edited:
It’s a reaction to what Lumby said, it got 2gb all riled up.

It’s a reaction to what Lumby said, it got 2gb all riled up.
Yes, some more context here:

Given it's post trial, I thought it time for a new thread. The old one was drifting off topic, and it's starting to reach Folau levels of hysteria. They literally want to destroy this gifted youngster's life, before his prime.

Last edited:
View attachment 11278

If NSW Police Minister David Elliott has his way, serial roughneck Payne Haas will be rocking up to Centrelink Monday morning and declaring himself unfit for work. The NRL integrity unit, which is responsible for molding roughnecks into upstanding hardmen, is expected to suspend Haas for the opening rounds and fine him $20,000. But Elliott says that's not enough blood, especially for a - gasp - Muslim:

“My personal view — given that he blatantly threatened violence against a woman and also because he has form — is that they should rid the game of him. I’m very confident Peter V’landys will deal with him in an appropriate manner. It’s a bad image for this behaviour to be condoned — the magistrate penalty was disappointing to say the least. It wasn’t a case of him telling a copper to get stuffed; he verbally abused two police officers, one of whom was a woman. The last time this happened, he claimed he was converting to Islam and would not be drinking any more and then goes and gets drunk. It really goes to his credibility.”

View attachment 11281
Crime state boss: justice must be served.

Trusty sidekick Crime State Police Commissioner Mick Fuller doubled down with menace:

"You’d have to be living under a rock not to know that policing in NSW … is very different to anywhere else in the world."

View attachment 11283
New South Welshman

The NRL Integrity Commission is also understood to be looking very closely at another
serial New South Welshman, Kotoni Staggs, with similar reservations about his ability to integrate into the Sunshine State culture.

McHunt
Does this level of over reaction and pettiness actually improve anyone’s view toward the police?

Haas is a gronk in this situation, no doubt but the evidence speaks for itself. Everyone is against Haas in this case. It’s the perfect time to take the higher ground and take advantage of the public empathising with Police.

“I understand this young man is going through some tough circumstances in his personal life, but I think this is a great opportunity to educate the general population about the kind of things our men and women in the police force experience on a regular basis. I trust the NRL will respond with an appropriately harsh penalty, as this type of behaviour toward police should not be tolerated. We welcome Payne to spend some time with our officers to gain a better understanding of the great services police provide the community”

Instead, I just see another example of gronky police power tripping and overstepping of boundaries.

Last edited:
Haas will get around 6wks from the NRL imo.

The culture at this club is an absolute shambles.
As much as I don’t like Tallis, he was right last year when he came out and said these players think they’re above everyone else.
Maybe it’s time someone like Gordon comes to the club and really rips into these blokes.

In November 2019, Elliott was cleared by police following an investigation into an alleged road rage incident involving a 17-year-old P-plate driver.[22] Elliot had told the P-plate driver he "worked for the cops".[23]

Also in November 2019, Elliott responded to revelations police strip-searched 122 girls by stating he would want officers to search his own children if "they were at risk of doing something wrong".[24]

In December 2019, he attracted attention for an offensive post on Facebook, in which he told a "mate" that he'd "rip your head off and s--- in the hole".[25]

In December 2019, Elliot was denounced for deciding to take a holiday to Europe during one of the worst bushfire disasters in the country's history.[26] He faced heavy criticism because of his role as New South Wales Emergency Services Minister, with New South Wales being by far the worst-hit area of the country, with bushfires throughout NSW destroying almost a thousand houses and killing or displacing a billion animals,[27] with nine people killed, including three firefighters.[28] He was not helped by the fact that just a week earlier, the federal Liberal Party leader and prime minister, Scott Morrison, faced similar criticism for going on a holiday to Hawaii.[29]

Elliott responded to the claims by saying he would keep bushfire-affected communities and firefighters in his thoughts whilst on holiday.[30] After public pressure and criticism following catastrophic fires on 31 December 2019, Elliott "apparently" backflipped and returned home from his European trip.[31]

On 9 March 2020, the NSW Police announced an investigation into whether Elliott's use of highly restricted firearms broke the law.[32]

David Elliott (politician) - Wikipedia

As much as I don’t like Tallis, he was right last year when he came out and said these players think they’re above everyone else.
Maybe it’s time someone like Gordon comes to the club and really rips into these blokes.

Does anyone respect him enough to take anything he says on board? Someone like Gorden perhaps, but the players would probably respond with resentment. They need to learn humility, that's why I think Petero is perfect. If you can't learn to be a decent bloke from being around him, you're hopeless.

Footy players always have, these things were happening long before this group was about. The problem is everything gets dicected and scrutinized and then played out through media , back in the day things were way more relaxed. People these days
Get offended by everything , you can't even smile at people without getting accused of harassment.
I definitely don't agree with what Payne did but I think it's a complete overreaction, and the culture thing I think is because of the age of most of our squad. Also due to not having a real leader . Penrith have had similar issues because of the young squad they have.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • broncos4life
  • Professor47
  • bb_gun
  • cento
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Robboi_321
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.