NEWS Crime State Police Minister: cancel Haas for life

This is bad for Haas. The Police Minister has put pressure on Vlandys to deal with him. Vlandys needs to keep the NSW government happy to run an NRL comp.

He will be made an example of and he should be.

I agree. I just watched a few snippets on youtube of the media hassling Payne and Kevvie who refuse to comment, the media clearly aren't going to let this one slip.

The comments regarding touching the female officer is what makes this such a serious issue.

Given the pressure from the media, the police minister, and the work the NRL has done in recent years to recognise women and in league and developing the female competitions and referees, the NRL will absolutely make an example out of him and I expect a massive suspension to follow.

As well as this, Payne has damaged his repuation massively. Although it's not as serious, this could still hang over his head for years to come like Matt Lodge and his past issues.

I agree. I just watched a few snippets on youtube of the media hassling Payne and Kevvie who refuse to comment, the media clearly aren't going to let this one slip.

The comments regarding touching the female officer is what makes this such a serious issue.

Given the pressure from the media, the police minister, and the work the NRL has done in recent years to recognise women and in league and developing the female competitions and referees, the NRL will absolutely make an example out of him and I expect a massive suspension to follow.

As well as this, Payne has damaged his repuation massively. Although it's not as serious, this could still hang over his head for years to come like Matt Lodge and his past issues.
So guys can actually physically assault their fucking wives and get fuckall , but because has made a comment about doing it he's scarred for life. Wow

So guys can actually physically assault their fucking wives and get fuckall , but because has made a comment about doing it he's scarred for life. Wow

I get where you are coming from but as mentioned, the important point here is not what is being said as so much as who is saying it. This guy is influential whether we like it or not and has power to cause problems for Payne.

Regardless of how you feel about it, this really should result in him getting a massive wake up call out of it.

To my knowledge players like Bird and Walker had their assault charges dropped.

Can you provide examples of players who have been charged please.

Last edited:
To my knowledge players like Bird and Walker had their assault charges dropped.

Can you provide examples of players who have been charged please.
Inglis is another, dropped or not it was still physical assault. Comparing the two surely you can see the difference. Payne wasn't even convicted , not sure why i need to point players that have been charged.

Inglis is another, dropped or not it was still physical assault. Comparing the two surely you can see the difference. Payne wasn't even convicted , not sure why i need to point players that have been charged.
How can the NRL punish a player for a situation where the charges have been dropped? They simply can't and that is why the players didn't recieve punishment.

I never said Payne was convicted or accused of assault, but he has been charged for using offensive langue and intimidating police. Specifically a female officer.

Given the reasoning in my last post, it is my opinion the NRL will make an example of him and a I am anticipating a large suspension.

They will look at it from this perspective. If Payne has done this to a police officer, whats stopping him from doing it to a female referee on the field and dragging the NRL's name through the dirt even more. Not only this but it may lead to women not feeling comfortable being on the same field or in the sheds with a person with that history. It could damage all the hard work the NRL has done with regards to women and the sport. There are players in the NRL who have done worse so a permanant ban as suggested from the Police Comissioner is not necessary, however perhaps a lenghty suspension will teach Payne a lesson and provide an example to the rest of the NRL this behaviour is not acceptable towards, officers, women or anyone at all. Please note this is not my personal views, i'm trying to give perspective as to why I think the NRL will make an example out of him.

Last edited:
How can the NRL punish a player for a situation where the charges have been dropped? They simply can't and that is why the players didn't recieve punishment.

I never said Payne was convicted or accused of assault, but he has been charged for using offensive langue and intimidating police. Specifically a female officer.

Given the reasoning in my last post, it is my opinion the NRL will make an example of him and a I am anticipating a large suspension.

They will look at it from this perspective. If Payne has done this to a police officer, whats stopping him from doing it to a female referee on the field and dragging the NRL's name through the dirt even more. Not only this but it may lead to women not feeling comfortable being on the same field or in the sheds with a person with that history. It could damage all the hard work the NRL has done with regards to women and the sport. There are players in the NRL who have done worse so a permanant ban as suggested from the Police Comissioner is not necessary, however perhaps a lenghty suspension will teach Payne a lesson and provide an example to the rest of the NRL this behaviour is not acceptable towards, officers, women or anyone at all. Please note this is not my personal views, i'm trying to give perspective as to why I think the NRL will make an example out of him.
Who cares if she's a female. Was he convicted of intimidating a female police officer, or just a police officer? Is there a special law for that?

I think it's patronising as hell to the officer in question to make out like him yelling at a female cop, (way less than he did to the male cops actually) is some sort of sexist women abuser thing.

He said some mean words to some cops while being drunk, big deal, cop a suspension and move on. It's not some moral crisis which needs to be dealt with, with the full force of the NRL.

The court's decision reflects fairly.

Last edited:
Who cares if she's a female. Was he convicted of intimidating a female police officer, or just a police officer? Is there a special law for that?

I think it's patronising as hell to the officer in question to make out like him yelling at a female cop, (way less than he did to the male cops actually) is some sort of sexist women abuser thing.

He said some mean words to some cops while being drunk, big deal, cop a suspension and move on. It's not some moral crisis which needs to be dealt with, with the full force of the NRL.

The court's decision reflects fairly.
In my opinion the NRL probably will. Thats pretty much the whole point of my post.

I don't think you understand the NRL system that will decide on Payne's punishment and hand it out is completely separate to the court system that charged Payne.

The NRL will look at the charges. AND i believe they will look at the entire situation and certain specifics like the officer being a female, pressure from the Police Comissioner, media attention, and if they decide the make an example of this situation. These things can, and most likely will influence his punishment.

"Cop a suspension and move on". Yes, that is exactly what I am sudgesting will happen...

I don't mind if you disagree, but I don't think you understand what I'm saying...

Last edited:
In my opinion the NRL probably will. Thats pretty much the whole point of my post.

I don't think you understand the NRL system that will decide on Payne's punishment and hand it out is completely separate to the court system that charged Payne.

The NRL will look at the charges. AND i believe they will look at the entire situation and certain specifics like the officer being a female, pressure from the Police Comissioner, media attention, and if they decide the make an example of this situation. These things can, and most likely will influence his punishment.

"Cop a suspension and move on". Yes, that is exactly what I am sudgesting will happen...

I don't mind if you disagree, but I don't think you understand what I'm saying...
Oh I totally understand the NRL adjudicates based on media hysteria, this has been the case as far back as I can remember. They're an inconsistent sham of an organisation and the only thing holding the game together is the quality of the product itself.

The police minister can eat my asshole.

Guys have done far worse and are still playing sports. At least Haas is ready to learn and improve.

They're doing their best to ruin said product though.
I get more turned off by the game every year. The inconsistent rulings, the judiciary dice roll, the Roosters getting away with bending and twisting every rule in the game, Melbourne making a mockery of the rule book, V'Landy's selling his soul to get a nice paid gig with newscorp after retirement, the Broncos getting slammed by the media and the NRL with punishments and coverage way beyond merit while Paul White and co take it up the rear end and apologise for not apologising enough.

Two Raiders players get done for drink driving, it's a single story and we've moved on.
Norman getting involved in a street brawl, a story or two, gone the next day.
Two Tigers players getting arrested (one, serious repeat offender, DV, assaulting a random women, and this incident)
CHN high range drink driving, not a year after fucking a school chick while he was on a work community visit

Does anyone remember any significant coverage for any of those incidents in the last 6 weeks?

Here's the front page of the Courier Shit, weeks later

The Sports section

The top 4 stories are 3 negative Broncos stories. Oh yeah, let's bring up the Staggs incident and get the NRL CEO to comment.

Last edited:
Other clubs dont get the clicks we get.

Other clubs dont get the clicks we get.
Nor do they get the NRL CEO giving running commentary on every decision. Or get thrown out of the judiciary every time, or get longer suspensions than other similar incidents.

I actually don't care about the media coverage per se, it's the NRL being influenced by said coverage and the club not standing up to itself that bothers me as a fan. For a sport to work in the long term, it has to be based on fairness and equal opportunities. Not strangling one club endlessly because it's profitable.

Last edited:
I get more turned off by the game every year. The inconsistent rulings, the judiciary dice roll, the Roosters getting away with bending and twisting every rule in the game, Melbourne making a mockery of the rule book, V'Landy's selling his soul to get a nice paid gig with newscorp after retirement, the Broncos getting slammed by the media and the NRL with punishments and coverage way beyond merit while Paul White and co take it up the rear end and apologise for not apologising enough.

Two Raiders players get done for drink driving, it's a single story and we've moved on.
Two Tigers players getting arrested (one, serious repeat offender, DV, assaulting a random women, and this incident)
CHN high range drink driving, not a year after fucking a school chick while he was on a work community visit

Does anyone remember any significant coverage for any of those incidents in the last 6 weeks?

View attachment 11295

The Sports section
View attachment 11296
The top 4 stories are 3 negative Broncos stories. Oh yeah, let's bring up the Staggs incident and get the NRL CEO to comment.
Well said mate , it’s a complete fucking joke

View attachment 11295

The Sports section
View attachment 11296

Instead News are conjuring up redemption stories for a bikie

Screenshot 20210206 214706 Chrome

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Professor47
  • cento
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Robboi_321
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.