Cronk in doubt

You know what? I'd rather lose this series than allow the banned players to play. Think about it. No rookie will ever come in to camp thinking they've already made it, they're the next big thing, and they can cruise on their talents. Every one of them from now on is going to be putting in extra knowing that Qld doesn't take that shit and they have to be exceptional people, not just exceptional talents. Meanwhile, NSW will be picking players like Ferguson and wondering how they've lost 18 out of 20.

If Cronk is out, I'd rather Morgan to 5/8. DCE should be stamped never to play again.

You know what? I'd rather lose this series than allow the banned players to play. Think about it. No rookie will ever come in to camp thinking they've already made it, they're the next big thing, and they can cruise on their talents. Every one of them from now on is going to be putting in extra knowing that Qld doesn't take that shit and they have to be exceptional people, not just exceptional talents. Meanwhile, NSW will be picking players like Ferguson and wondering how they've lost 18 out of 20.

Agree 100%. Hunt and Milford, in particular, need to pull their heads in. Whether people think it was a bullshit rule or not is to have missed the point entirely. The coach had an expectation and they failed to meet it. Even worse I think is the fact that Kevvie worked at the Broncos. You'd like to think our halves at the club had a bit more respect for him and his rules going into the Origin arena.

Back on Cronk, I hope it's not serious. He is in much better form than JT (despite the wanking in the media). If he's ruled out, I'd put Morgan in the halves and recall DCE to the bench and let's get on with the job.

DCE has been acceptable when he's come off the bench, it's when he has started that he has been absolutely terrible. And he is gonna be there if Cronk is ruled out, as it seems he will be. So yep, just gotta get on with it.

I really hope DCE doesn't play so he can feel what's it like to watch an injured player watch in and then take your spot on game day. The difference though of course being that Cronk is actually good.

Even if Hunt was available I highly doubt he would be chosen. Though I rate Milford above Hunt, he wouldn't be chosen either ,irrespective of any bans. I'm very comfortable with Morgan and Thurston should it be necessary and DCE as a benchy is fine, he deserves another crack and like many before he may go above and beyond.

MMM radio have said that DCE is being called into camp as cover for Cronk.

Even if Hunt was available I highly doubt he would be chosen. Though I rate Milford above Hunt, he wouldn't be chosen either ,irrespective of any bans. I'm very comfortable with Morgan and Thurston should it be necessary and DCE as a benchy is fine, he deserves another crack and like many before he may go above and beyond.

I think Hunt has flaws in his game that would catch him out at the next level, just like DCE. Good at club level but never brought it to the next level. Last night showed proof that his kicking game isn't the best and he can fold pretty badly under pressure.

He was in camp before Cronk got injured.

I think he was meant to be, but didn't get there because of Sydney weather delaying planes. Wonder if GI made it...

I really don't get these "Hunt can't kick" comments.

We have Smith and JT in the side ffs. Hunt wouldn't be the one doing the kicking.

I really don't get these "Hunt can't kick" comments.

We have Smith and JT in the side ffs. Hunt wouldn't be the one doing the kicking.
Exactly. His weaknesses would be close to irrelevant in this situation... leave the organising and most of the kicking to Smith and Thurston, and let him play to his strengths. Both he and Milford (and Morgan of course) would be perfect foils for JT to play with.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.