Dale Copley

I think he's definitely improved this year and had a number of good games, no doubt about it. But I'm not letting 1 big damaging run against the 15th placed team put him on a pedestal as the next big thing. People did it to gillett and look how that's turned out this year. Copley needs to just keep improving, keep playing and training well, and needs to get those stupid errors out of his game. He bombed that try, and I swear he's done something like that in 2-3 other games this year.

Also, to say he bombed that try is pretty harsh, if reed didn't smash it into his face he probably would have scored

Maybe some people like to be positive about our players when they deserve it? Rather than be silent until they **** up...

But Coxy, what would AP comment on?

Also, to say he bombed that try is pretty harsh, if reed didn't smash it into his face he probably would have scored

Copley is full of those moments though. Remember last year when he jumped through on a bomb and then basically knocked the ball from Reed's hands. Plus there's been a number of times where he's simply had to catch a pass and run over to score and somehow failed.

AP likes to present as the 'voice of reason' when posting. He genuinely believes he's the only one capable of seeing things as they really are. He never gets carried away seeing everything in the cold hard light. A truly insightful analyst with the rare gift of clarity. Truly a voice to be heard. That, coupled with his utter disdain for our approval or otherwise, makes him, in his own mind ,a poster of great note.

Of course, there's reality.

Let's keep the thread about Dale Copley, and not about AP's virtues or flaws as a poster.

The baiting stops here!

When did it become ok to bash AP because he has different opinions?

Lets cut it out.

Looks like AP's got some secret admirers judging by the above two posts. :tongue_smilie:

As for Copley, I'm really pleased he put in such a good comeback performance.

I've had my doubts about him in the past, but he's had a very solid season this year and you can't fault his attitude. I'd really love to see him get a shot in the centres, as his size and nimble footwork would be a huge threat IMO. You can see it whenever he does a kick return, almost always beats the first defender with a lovely little jink he's developed.

Hopefully he can keep on improving.

I'd like to see him in the centres because he isn't afraid to run onto the ball and hit a hole. God knows we need players like that with our attacking line being as flat as it is.

Copley is full of those moments though. Remember last year when he jumped through on a bomb and then basically knocked the ball from Reed's hands. Plus there's been a number of times where he's simply had to catch a pass and run over to score and somehow failed.

Yeah but he has had very few of those moments this year and his positives have far outweighed his negatives. But it's all good I am now well aware that on this forum players are always judged by past form, with no hope of improvement

Looks like AP's got some secret admirers judging by the above two posts. :tongue_smilie:

As for Copley, I'm really pleased he put in such a good comeback performance.

I've had my doubts about him in the past, but he's had a very solid season this year and you can't fault his attitude. I'd really love to see him get a shot in the centres, as his size and nimble footwork would be a huge threat IMO. You can see it whenever he does a kick return, almost always beats the first defender with a lovely little jink he's developed.

Hopefully he can keep on improving.

Couldn't agree more Ning. I reckon he will be a gun centre. Hopefully he gets there in the next couple of years, maybe when hodgo retires

Yeah but he has had very few of those moments this year and his positives have far outweighed his negatives. But it's all good I am now well aware that on this forum players are always judged by past form, with no hope of improvement

He had one last night.

If you could read, you would see that twice in the past day that I've said he's improved and that there's a lot of potential for even more growth. Like cutting out the bombed tries, which, whether you like it or not, are still a part of his game.

He had one last night.

If you could read, you would see that twice in the past day that I've said he's improved and that there's a lot of potential for even more growth. Like cutting out the bombed tries, which, whether you like it or not, are still a part of his game.

Still don't see how that was a bombed try. I'm not sure how many people would have caught a ball that was thrown into their face... But I guess we will just have to disagree on this one

No-one could seriously blame Copley could they?.....I'm sure the ball was thrown very hard straight into his melon. I know some of the posters on here could have caught it.........it would have lodged between their lips

No-one could seriously blame Copley could they?.....I'm sure the ball was thrown very hard straight into his melon. I know some of the posters on here could have caught it.........it would have lodged between their lips

It is clear that some people expect miracles from our players. Unrealistic expectations continue to be demanded of players.

I don't think it was an easy chance. I'd call it one of those things that could happen to any player. However, these types of moments seem to happen to Dale Copley a lot in attack.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Broncorob
  • Pablo
  • Jazza
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.