Dally M Thread

How much did you win Jeb?

... Dally M... LOL.

On a serious note though - How come Locky never won one? Honestly, as one-eyed the journos are... he's the reason we win 80 percent of our games over the past 5 years... esp in that 03/04/05 period leading to 06. The stats speak for themselves.

They count Origin if you missed a club game to play. If your team had the bye in the round preceding origin, then you can't poll points for Origin. I think that's fair enough, because otherwise that's potentially three games that some players can't poll points which could be the difference between winning and losing. And it's harder to get points in an origin match than in a club match.

Jeba said:
ningnangnong said:
How much did you win Jeb?

$510. It makes me angry. Seriously.

Make anger disappear by sending personal details to king of Nigeria and we deposit 1500000000 American dollars in your account as thanks.

Nah I'll just all-up on Dave Taylor to score First Try icon_thumbs_u

lockyer47 said:
... Dally M... LOL.

On a serious note though - How come Locky never won one? Honestly, as one-eyed the journos are... he's the reason we win 80 percent of our games over the past 5 years... esp in that 03/04/05 period leading to 06. The stats speak for themselves.

The only players that ever win it are those surrounded by nuffies in their own team (Johns, Thurston, Hayne). Broncos have had too many good players over the years so the points get spread around more. That's why it's a shit award.

Wow, that was possibly the worst Nigerian spam email reference ever.

Big Dave Taylor for first try eh, i like it.

Jeba said:
Did I hear correctly that a few players got some votes from Origin games? Is that the way it has worked in previous years?

IMO this should be voted from the games from the NRL Premiership rounds only. If they are going to count Origin (and I suppose International) games towards the Dally M Medal then they should count finals as well.

I know it probably wouldn't have had an effect on the end result but the Rep games should be kept to the seperate award that they give for Rep player of the year.

Votes are awarded in Origin and were last year. If a player's team has the bye in the lead-up round they are in eligible to score points in the Origin match. Hayne polled 2 votes in Origin 3 but they did not count toward his tally.

Aeetee said:
What a joke 6 or so good games and the rest shit and he wins.....MAKES ME HATE HIM MORE!

Yup, it's a total joke that Hayne can have a handful of good games and overtake someone like Jamie Soward who has been consistently very good all year. I guess you pay the price for playing in a team of good players that shares the workload around.

Jazza said:
Headline moment of the year: Nathan Merritt's field goal to beat the tigers

They probably should rename that to "Positive headline moment of the year". There was plenty of other big headlines during the year lol

For those whinging about it being a bulldogs-fest, did you ever stop to think that they went from the wooden spoon last year, to within one game of the minor premiership this year. You'd have to expect they'd take out a lot of the awards. If it was the Broncos who came second on the ladder and swept the awards, I doubt anyone here would be complaining

True, although I do feel the Bulldogs have overachieved and are cannon fodder in the finals.

Coxy said:
True, although I do feel the Bulldogs have overachieved and are cannon fodder in the finals.

Without Kimmorley they are

Yeah, but even with Kimmorley they didn't have many pressure games against other top 8 sides. The only two they really had from memory were the Dragons (who beat them in controversial circumstances) and Parramatta (who also beat them).

They played Manly in round 1 when they were abysmal, and then again in round 17 and got beaten at Brookvale.
They were pretty comfortably beaten by the Titans in round 3 at Robina, but won the return match pretty comfortably at Lang Park.
They played Melbourne during the Origin series.
They played us after the swine flu debacle.
And they were well beaten against Newcastle in Newcastle.

They've had a dream draw.

Jamal Idris is not a ROOKIE. FFS. He played heaps of game last year.

What a freakin Joke.

He played 3 games in 2008.

Greg Eastwood was nominated for the 2006 rookie of the year despite playing in 2005.

How can Soward be a better 5/8 than Locky? Seriously? If they aren't even good enough to play for their state then how can they be the best? Soward is overrated anyway.

Idris is only great for his hair, not much else. Dugan from Canberra should've got it.

Remember these aren't "best in the world" awards, they're "best form in the competition this year". I don't disagree Soward has been better than Locky in the NRL this season.

And in fact, it's not even really best form in the competition, it's "most dominant performer in winning teams as voted by journalists" awards.

Considering you'd almost NEVER get 3 points when playing in a losing team, and it's still possible to be in outstanding form and be in a losing team (look at Thurston), these awards are fundamentally flawed.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.