Dally Ms 2020

Jack Wighton is your Dally M medal winner.

Leaderboard
Jack Wighton - 26
Clint Gutherson - 25
Nathan Cleary - 24
Cameron Smith - 22
Luke Keary - 18
Shaun Johnson - 18
Adam Reynolds - 17
Jarome Luai - 17
Kalyn Ponga - 16
Ryan Papenhuyzen - 16

Last edited:
How did Shaun Johnson poll so high? Don't Remember him been that impressive

How did Shaun Johnson poll so high? Don't Remember him been that impressive

He was great when he was actually healthy, I'd argue he should've won it over Wighton if he stayed fit for the full season.

For arguments sake:

Wighton - 19 games, 10 tries, 7 try assists, 7 line-break assists, 8 forced drop-outs
Johnson - 16 games, 2 tries, 23 try assists, 12 line-break assists, 18 forced drop-outs

Actually very surprised Wighton got it... thought he was bog average most of the season or at the very least less effective than previous years. Think Unbreakable's stats up there say it all. He was out performed by a number of halves this year in everything but tries and even then I think Keary was equal. I get thats not what it is based on but god I remember when the best player in the game used to get it. Feel free to call me out if he was actually up there in your opinion, I honestly didn't even consider him getting it.

Did he tweet from his personal account or from the DT's account?

Given how many people he's blocked from his personal account, 80% of NRL fans wouldn't have known.

Drunk old bastard

wasn't a tweet ... it was published on the DT website under Rothfield's byline

he has since tweeted the following:

Nothing against Wighton but this (along with RTS recent win) just goes to show the Dally M is not about being the best player in the competition.

There were quite a few games where Wighton went missing (some he was spectacular too) but I'm not sure he was even the best 5/8 in the comp this season, let alone best player.

Of the top 6 clubs, this was the representation of players in the Top 20 votes:
Panthers - 4
Raiders - 1
Roosters - 3
Storm - 3
Parra - 1
Souths - 2

It should have been Cleary's this year he is just unfortunate so many other Panthers played well.

Seriously, these awards have long been a joke, especially so from the year Matt Orford won it but that DT leak is disgraceful. How can there be a production error? Why were the media told early in the first place? NRL is just an absolute disgrace and sadly on field is fast catching up with off field.

Darren Lockyer never won one of these and people are blowing up the Cleary missed out? I hate rugby league fans
Cleary had luai next to him, no way he was going to get all the points. I'm more suprised gutherson didn't get it

It might be time to finally acknowledge that the Dally M is an absolutely hopeless method for determining the best player in the competition every year.

I'm less certain on how to fix it, but I do think it's time we seriously acknowledged that there is actually a problem.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.