Dally Ms 2020

Jack Wighton, Dally M medalist....

The game has officially lost it.

It might be time to finally acknowledge that the Dally M is an absolutely hopeless method for determining the best player in the competition every year.

I'm less certain on how to fix it, but I do think it's time we seriously acknowledged that there is actually a problem.
Most have long acknowledged the award is flawed.

There is no award that Buzz fucking rothfield can vote in that I'll see as legitimate. If it were up to me, I'd get the 16 coaches voting 3-2-1 for both teams after each game. You'd get a much less biased decision that way and keep it anonymous except for a tally reveal in round 6, 12 and 18.

Found the entire program unwatchable. Why are there four (4) female hosts, and not one man? The men - people who have played the game and actually understand it - were sidelined to the "cabinet" and only allowed to talk when the women threw to them.

I imagine most people don't notice this anymore, because we've been slowly desensitized by the feminist agenda. Give me Rex Mossop any day!

Rugby league is a men's sport, and hey - how about two men and two female hosts? Nope ... they need four females now!

Most have long acknowledged the award is flawed.

There is no award that Buzz fucking rothfield can vote in that I'll see as legitimate. If it were up to me, I'd get the 16 coaches voting 3-2-1 for both teams after each game. You'd get a much less biased decision that way and keep it anonymous except for a tally reveal in round 6, 12 and 18.
This is a good idea. Keep the journo's and panel "experts" on Fox/Nine out of influencing the voting and I think we'd get a much fairer outcome.

The only real issue with having 3-2-1 voting on both sides is that one or two of the consistent performers (say Haas or Lolo) in poor sides are still going to poll better than the top teams where many players are contributing on a weekly basis (e.g. Cleary and Keary).

An alternative could be to get the 16 coaches to do two lists. Firstly, a list of players of the season in each starting position + interchange ("Team of the Year"). Secondly, ranking 1-10 of the best players in the comp for the season, not including finals or origin (Dally M). The only caveat being that the coaches can't nominate any of their own players in either list.

If a club is without a coach at the end of the season the respective club captain submits the two lists on the clubs behalf.

Last edited:

For reference.

The Staggs try blows that field out of the water.

I reckon that Corey Allan try on the weekend would have taken out best try if it was in the regular season.

Last edited:
I was the same, not because of the female hosts but the whole thing just felt lame.

The shouldn't have bothered with the virtual presentation thing, it was just terrible.
Note the lack of humour in these shows today. Particularly with the women hosts - just don't have the larrikin in them. A no joke/no humour zone - because these woman have no idea what rugby league is like to play, can't relate, and just come across as talking heads.

I get sick of women who have never been tackled asking hard questions to players who have slaved away for 26 rounds and been smashed.

Found the entire program unwatchable. Why are there four (4) female hosts, and not one man? The men - people who have played the game and actually understand it - were sidelined to the "cabinet" and only allowed to talk when the women threw to them.

I imagine most people don't notice this anymore, because we've been slowly desensitized by the feminist agenda. Give me Rex Mossop any day!

Rugby league is a men's sport, and hey - how about two men and two female hosts? Nope ... they need four females now!

Man you really love dudes.

Last edited:
Note the lack of humour in these shows today. Particularly with the women hosts - just don't have the larrikin in them. A no joke/no humour zone - because these woman have no idea what rugby league is like to play, can't relate, and just come across as talking heads.

I get sick of women who have never been tackled asking hard questions to players who have slaved away for 26 rounds and been smashed.
are you an MRA by any chance?

Man you really loves dudes.
No I hate the feminist agenda which is about pushing men out of jobs they should be doing in the name of "equality".

Tell me mate ... are you OK with four women hosting the top awards show for men's rugby league?

are you an MRA by any chance?
Not sure what an MRA is, but I'm a realist - who has personally experienced being pushed out of the workplace by the feminist agenda, and someone who knows many other men who have been overlooked for jobs for less experienced, less qualified people - simply because they are female!

Can you tell me why you think four women hosting the Dally Ms is proper or right? Rugby league is a men's sport.

Not sure what an MRA is, but I'm a realist - who has personally experienced being pushed out of the workplace by the feminist agenda, and someone who knows many other men who have been overlooked for jobs for less experienced, less qualified people - simply because they are female!

Can you tell me why you think four women hosting the Dally Ms is proper or right? Rugby league is a men's sport.
You don't think it is possible you were just shit at your job?

MRA = Men's Rights Activist.

A very sad view. I imagine you would change your view if it was your job being taken.

Are you aware that the four women couldn't muster a joke or bit of fun between them?

What would you say if all men were pushed out of rugby league commentary? Probably nothing.

MRA = Men's Rights Activist.
No ... I love women. Happily married for 30 years. Lots of female friends. A beautiful successful daughter.

But I hate third-wave feminism.

Unfortunately most people - like yourself - are the proverbial frog-in-the-boiling-kettle. You have been slowly brainwashed by the mainstream media/Hollywood to see this sort of takeover by feminists of male sport as acceptable and normal.

It's not normal. It's sick.

You don't think it is possible you were just shit at your job?
Typical pathetic response.

Men have been virtually pushed out of education, health and many other sectors - but not shown on the mainstream media.

I once started a position with a very prominent Queensland charity and was greeted in my first meeting with 17 females in the boardroom. Two men. There was no reason that this was the case. This is not an exception.

You should do some research, get educated, and try not to come back with pathetic, responses such as you have.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Broncs1459
  • bb_gun
  • Alec
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • bazza
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • The True King
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.