Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Inala was defended when compared to Canberra, and rightly so. Canberra is Australia's arsehole, both politically and geographically.

Correct. Inala is just the one of the hairy filth-ridden areas that arsehole-spawned creatures reside.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

Correct. Inala is just the one of the hairy filth-ridden areas that arsehole-spawned creatures reside.

...BUT it's still shitloads better than anything south of the border :loool:

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012

Just saw this on a Broncos facebook group - not the official FB page but the Broncos FB group with the most members. Its from a close friend of DCE's brother apparently.

"Oh really that's understandable id do the same thing. My point being is I know 100% DCE isn't breaking his contract. He might sign with us 2015 and onwards but he wont walk out on Manly, hes to loyal. Dylan Cherry Evans is one of my buddies he's sitting next to me as we speak!!"

EDIT:

I have since found out that the poster was a troll and as per twitter, DCE's brother DOES NOT know this troll poster. Sorry for being so gullible

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

He is coming. All good.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012

Yea I'm not surprised by this at all. I had a sneaking suspicion DCE would never break his contract, and he probably won't even come back to Brissie anyway. Makes snaring Milford all the more critical now.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

Could be DCE does not want it played out in the media just yet so his brother is just helping cover up. Besides asking for a release is not walking out on Manly if they grant it.
I am still convinced Manly may have salary cap trouble looming with back ended contracts

Last edited:
M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012

Could be DCE does not want it played out in the media just yet so his brother is just helping cover up. Besides asking for a release is not walking out on Manly if they grant it.

Good point actually, didn't think of that. I'm still sceptical that he will come, but I guess we will have to wait and see what eventuates

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

it could also be that the guy who said that is full of shit, and doesn't even know DCEs brother. He may not even be a Broncos fan

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I am still convinced Manly may have salary cap trouble looming with back ended contracts

The end result is the same isn't? Terminate the contract, ask for, and be granted a release, he still walks out on Manly, his club.

Somehow, I think DCE is the last person Manly would want to see walk out on them, and I doubt they would just say, "Sure Daley, we'd love for you to play for the Broncos. Enjoy".

Oh, and how would we feel if Parker or Hodges or Gillett, Oates or McGuire walked out on the Broncos?

There is at least some honour and integrity behind Barba's and Milford's reasons for leaving (if Milford leaves, to which my instincts say he won't).

Last edited:
Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

The end result is the same isn't? Terminate the contract, ask for, and be granted a release, he still walks out on Manly, his club.

Somehow, I think DCE is the last person Manly would want to see walk out on them, and I doubt they would just say, "Sure Daley, we'd love for you to play for the Broncos. Enjoy".

Oh, and how would we feel if Parker or Hodges or Gillett, Oates or McGuire walked out on the Broncos?

There is at least some honour and integrity behind Barba's and Milford's reasons for leaving (if Milford leaves, to which my instincts say he won't).
I am not sure how everyone else would feel but it is a business the same as any other. I would feel disappointed but if an employee wants to be somewhere else then it is best to let them go rather than hold them against their will and ruin morale

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

The more I see of his performances, the more I feel the chances of us snaring him are lessened. He IS manly, they will throw 1mill plus at him for his next contract at least. Fair enough they have salary cap issues but I can't see them being that stupid, it's hard enough to find quality 7's as is.

I'd love to know why some people here are so 100% sure he'll be here, it all seems to be my cousins-friends-uncles-dog shampoo-er said he saw someone with blonde hair wearing a manly jersey at red hill ...

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
The more I see of his performances, the more I feel the chances of us snaring him are lessened. He IS manly, they will throw 1mill plus at him for his next contract at least. Fair enough they have salary cap issues but I can't see them being that stupid, it's hard enough to find quality 7's as is.

I'd love to know why some people here are so 100% sure he'll be here, it all seems to be my cousins-friends-uncles-dog shampoo-er said he saw someone with blonde hair wearing a manly jersey at red hill ...

They can't offer him a million with their current roster. There are cap concerns and cap concerns now. Lyon is still unsigned, they only just got the BStewart contract over the line a week or so before the season, and their biggest players might be ageing but still have more years in them than DCE's current contract.

The logical thing would be to secure DCE long-term, but who knows what political things are going on in the background? The Stewart's and Lyon have been 'Manly' for much longer, and being a stubborn, traditional club who knows what their preferences are?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

Logically I can't see them opting to keep players over 30 and other second tiers over a rolled-in-gold star. They'll shed players to keep him.

I do hope I'm wrong but surely they don't have rocks in their head ... the only thing that could help us is his supposed desire to play with Barba, the Mackay connection. Maybe they could bring Gagai back too. /pandorasbox

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Regardless of what Manly want, If he wants out, as the rumours suggest, he will go in 2015. If this clear to Manly they may release him early as a cap fix.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Regardless of what Manly want, If he wants out, as the rumours suggest, he will go in 2015. If this clear to Manly they may release him early as a cap fix.

This is exactly right. If he wants to come to the broncos then the worst case scenario for us is 2015, which he is more than worth the wait. I'm sure manly want nothing more than to keep him, but with their salary cap concerns they can only offer him so much. So if come November 1 he signs with us I think it is entirely possible Manly would cut there losses, let him go for 2014 and use that space to front end some contracts and relief some pressure for the future

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

Rumours are just that, rumours. We were in for Sandow and Shillington at one stage according to said rumours. We're only believing what we want to at this point which is why I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Santa
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dexter
  • Bucking Beads
  • Footy Fanatic
  • bb_gun
  • Organix
  • KickHaas
  • jarro65
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.