Dane Gagai re-signs with Newcastle

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
[TWEET]501246579941310465[/TWEET]

Mod Note: Making an executive decision on this and seperating this from the Bennett general thread since there seems to be something to this story.

Thoughts on the signing?

Last edited:
Re: [Rumour] Dane Gagai to Brisbane

This is one Knight i would gladly take. He has been awesome since leaving the broncos.

Want.

i was always disappointed we lost his talent (not saying it was the wrong decision that he had to be cut from the squad), so i'd love him to come back and really see his potential

As long as he fixed his disciplinary issues, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, he's more than welcome back to the fold, especially with Hodges retirement in mind...

I used to be a Gagai fan, but still supported the original decision by Hook/Club to release him, as he needed that change of environment to thrive.

The question is where will he fit with Hodgo, Copley and Reed in the roster already, as well as the up and coming Drew?

If he fixes his dodgy defense, I can live with a Copley/Gagai pairing for the foreseeable future!

I'm going to make a hypocrite of myself (not for the first time) and say I would love this signing. Had previously said I wouldn't want him back, but time changes things and any infringements he has had has been minor (it's not like he is pissing into his mouth). Would be the perfect signing for us IMHO.

1. Milford
2. Hoffman/Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Gagai (Hodges spot when he retires)
6. Barba
7. Hunt

That backline. I need new pants

I'm going to make a hypocrite of myself (not for the first time) and say I would love this signing. Had previously said I wouldn't want him back, but time changes things and any infringements he has had has been minor (it's not like he is pissing into his mouth). Would be the perfect signing for us IMHO.

1. Milford
2. Hoffman/Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Gagai (Hodges spot when he retires)
6. Barba
7. Hunt

That backline. I need new pants
Where's Boyd? :thefinger:

Inflammatory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quoted a deleted post.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd take him back as a direct replacement for Hodges when he retires. Until then I can't see how we fit him into our team.

Do not want.

His defense is terrible. 80 missed tackles and the season is not even over...

I do not care if he can score amazing tries.

I don't care if we sign a hundred backs ! I do however care about the signing of some more big aggressive hard as teak forwards which for me is the absolute priority. One thing I can rely on however is knowing WB sees it as a priority too. Gagai is welcome to come home if he's cheap enough and is committed.

I'd happily have him back...but would like to know who we'll have to shed to make way for him ??

Bennett was on ABC Grandstand yesterday and they asked him if he was taking Gagai to Brisbane (not the player I would have asked about, if it was me.) And he said he wasn't and that Gagai had another year to run on his Knights contract.

I have to say that Bennett talked to that particular guy more than I have ever heard from him, he even expanded on his answers, instead of the short brief answers I expected from him.

Was it Craig Hamilton by chance?

Bennett tends to give the ABC guys a lot more time than the media in the press conference.

Sorry we lost him in the first place, though I believe it was the right call. Not terribly fussed about him coming back, though I'm ok with it for a reasonable price. His speed would be handy in the wing.

As others have said, I'd rather we shore up our forward stocks before signing backs.

Was it Craig Hamilton by chance?

Bennett tends to give the ABC guys a lot more time than the media in the press conference.
Yep, it was Hamilton who works out of Newcastle ABC. Bennett seems to have a bit of time for him.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Fatboy
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Bongo
  • RolledOates
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.