Dargan seeks his chance at the Broncos

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/12/07/dargan_seeks_his_cha.html

TROY Dargan has been mentored by a former Bronco and now will get the chance to learn from the head Bronco.
The 2014 Australian Schoolboys half has signed with Brisbane from the Parramatta Eels as back-up for the club's halves.
He spent last year as an apprentice under former Bronco Corey Norman at Parramatta.
But now he is learning from master coach Wayne Bennett.
"He (Norman) was an awesome help this year," said Dargan after training this week.
"It was my first pre-season last year and they (the Eels) were a massive influence on me moving forward as a player.
"It is very exciting - now I am really looking forward to learning off (Bennett) and having a big 2018.
"It has been good a training so far - the boys and staff have been welcoming.
"It's been tough - but I have enjoyed the move."
Dargan sits behind the Broncos' star pairing of Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima, but with the departures of Ben Hunt and Benji Marshall, opportunities remain.
"I have played all my footy in the halves, so that is my preferred position," he said.

I get the feeling that we won’t see any of him and he will just be another “talented half” that has a lot of promise and will end up going elsewhere for more opportunities once another club tries to poach him.

I don’t think we will be seeing much of him, if at all. Not unless Kodi really stinks it up and just goes backwards which I can’t see happening.

I get the feeling he signed because of Bennett but that’s not going to keep him here.

I get the feeling that we won’t see any of him and he will just be another “talented half” that has a lot of promise and will end up going elsewhere for more opportunities once another club tries to poach him.

I don’t think we will be seeing much of him, if at all. Not unless Kodi really stinks it up and just goes backwards which I can’t see happening.

I get the feeling he signed because of Bennett but that’s not going to keep him here.
I don't think he's going to be a first choice half, but by all reports his strength is his kicking game so he should be at least a serviceable foil for Milf/Nikorima if injury gives him an opportunity.

And on the off chance that Milf gets picked for Origin, the kid could get some game time then

Does anyone know what his injury prognosis was? And if he made our top 30 squad or not? I thought he was out for like 6 weeks or so. Keen to watch him play some intrsut cup.

When Macca can play the 80 and Thaiday goes to QCup, I'd love to see him on the beach as a impact player in the halves, I believe he has a kicking game too?

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Manofoneway
  • The True King
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.