OFFICIAL Darius Boyd announces retirement

Just made himself even harder to drop to.

I have no doubt that's the primary reason he did it now. If he didn't announce it we would've dropped him before the 15 game threshold so he couldn't activate his clause for 2021, and would've gone out a loser. This way, the club will look like pieces of shit if we drop him knowing full well it's his last season.

Well played Darius, you fucked us again.

I have no doubt that's the primary reason he did it now. If he didn't announce it we would've dropped him before the 15 game threshold so he couldn't activate his clause for 2021, and would've gone out a loser. This way, the club will look like pieces of shit if we drop him knowing full well it's his last season.

Well played Darius, you fucked us again.
Even his retirement is selfish

Might be exactly what he needs...
Hopefully he is treated like any other play however and is dropped if he isn’t up to first grade standard.
A man can only hope.

Maybe he was told he wouldn't be playing the required 15 games and decided to make the call himself ?

Maybe he was told he wouldn't be playing the required 15 games and decided to make the call himself ?

So...if that 15 game thing is legit and he now plays all due to saying he’s retired, couldn’t he just change his mind after the 15 games and then activate said clause?

How fucked is it that I'm as happy about this news as I was about TPJ, Haas, milford, Roberts or croft signings. Just goes to show how far boyd has fallen. He was pushed, there's no doubt about it
[automerge]1583443512[/automerge]
So...if that 15 game thing is legit and he now plays all due to saying he’s retired, couldn’t he just change his mind after the 15 games and then activate said clause?
I would think that the "mutual option" he has in his contract would require an official part to it so probably not. Broncos need to plan their cap for next year...

Fifita will be signed by the end of next week...

Last edited:
At least we know he's going, but God I wish it was effective immediately. This likely means he'll probably be picked each week unless injured. Shaping up to be another long season.

It's quite sad how much, and how rapidly his game has fallen. Still, looking back it's been a pretty amazing career and he should be proud of everything he has achieved.

Just quietly though, I was kind of hoping he'd continue playing at another club for a number of years more so that he could potentially snatch Cameron Smith's record for most NRL games.

Hopefully this means he’ll stop playing conservatively to prolong his career and we’ll see him actually put in. if not hopefully Seibold has the balls to drop him.

I personally don’t think he’ll see out the season. Too many outside backs are knocking on the door and his trial form suggests he’ll be hard to justify picking.

Hell of a career, when it was good, it was awesome. But the past three+ years has tarnished it, he's not getting that respect back.

He has achieved things that most players dream of but his time at Newcastle tarnished it well before he got back to us. League fans have somewhat short memories but he was the laughing stock of the league for a few seasons there before coming to us and playing well for 2-3 seasons before going back to his Newcastle form or worse.

this isn’t a player who’s body failed him at the end of his career.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • MrTickyMcG
  • RolledOates
  • Mustafur
  • Mick_Hancock
  • mitch222
  • Morkel
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • porouian
  • Mr Fourex
  • bb_gun
  • Bronco bob
  • Waynesaurus
  • Astro
  • Foordy
  • Dash
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.