OFFICIAL Darius Boyd announces retirement

Thurston is probably the exception to the rule, he perfected the art of cryiing to the point it helped win him a premiership. And the other 2 well it's not like they were inconsolable, big difference between that and crying tears of pride\happiness\whatever. Besides they get a pass because they were winners that never gave up.
Stop crying about it mate, it's not cool .

Thurston is probably the exception to the rule, he perfected the art of cryiing to the point it helped win him a premiership. And the other 2 well it's not like they were inconsolable, big difference between that and crying tears of pride\happiness\whatever. Besides they get a pass because they were winners that never gave up.

Probably not a great theory then if the first three I name destroy it.

Probably not a great theory then if the first three I name destroy it.
Destroy it? How? How many of those guys immediately went running to Wayne crying they don't want me? Then get handed their next 4 contracts on a silver platter at their club of choice the cherry on top being 4 yrs and captaincy. And when things got hard(Wayne left) at Newcastle decided I'll just sit out and not play until this contract is up. He was always a follower, never a leader.

Destroy it? How? How many of those guys immediately went running to Wayne crying they don't want me? Then get handed their next 4 contracts on a silver platter at their club of choice the cherry on top being 4 yrs and captaincy. And when things got hard(Wayne left) at Newcastle decided I'll just sit out and not play until this contract is up. He was always a follower, never a leader.

Give it a rest, like when is enough enough with you?

Give it a rest, like when is enough enough with you?
We are discussing something, if you want to contribute and refute my points then go right ahead. I'll give it a rest when he's not in my team anymore or his form improves, until then he's fair game.

We are discussing something, if you want to contribute and refute my points then go right ahead. I'll give it a rest when he's not in my team anymore or his form improves, until then he's fair game.

You’re not discussing anything. You are repeatedly having a go at someone for showing their emotions in some 1950’s macho throwback to make yourself feel like a big man and others are trying to show you how pathetic you sound in much more polite terms than your posts deserve.

If you want to discuss the psychology behind someone that feels the need try and show how tough he is to a group of Internet strangers then let’s discuss that. Outside of that this is bullshit, backward rhetoric aimed at a bloke that has tried his best both on and off the field and has now announced his retirement and deserves no further discussion.

Last edited:
You’re not discussing anything. You are repeatedly having a go at someone for showing their emotions in some 1950’s macho throwback to make yourself feel like a big man and others are trying to show you how pathetic you sound in much more polite terms than your posts deserve.

If you want to discuss the psychology behind someone that feels the need try and show how tough he is to a group of Internet strangers then let’s discuss that. Outside of that this is bullshit, backward rhetoric aimed at a bloke that has tried his best both on and off the field and has now announced his retirement and deserves no further discussion.

Speaking of internet psychologists, take a look at yourself.

I'm not saying this to try and sound tough at all. He was a very good player in his prime, all I'm arguing is he was never a leader. Some players are just that- good players but not a leader's asshole. Darius falls into that category and it was a mistake to make him captain. I say this with the benefit of hindsight however people at the club especially Wayne should have known all along.

Last edited:
tried his best both on and off the field and has now announced his retirement and deserves no further discussion.
Disagree about both these points. This is a Brisbane Broncos discussion forum isn't it? As I said I'll discuss him until he's gone or improves.

Last edited:
Just please don’t be shit. Or if you are, have the decency to drop yourself, if only for a week. Any more delusional quotes defending yourself like last year and you’ll lose any remaining goodwill brought from your retirement announcement.

Just please don’t be shit. Or if you are, have the decency to drop yourself, if only for a week. Any more delusional quotes defending yourself like last year and you’ll lose any remaining goodwill brought from your retirement announcement.

Its up to the coach to drop him.

Its up to the coach to drop him.
Some people seem to have some difficulty grasping this concept. Boyd has a contract, Boyd is doing everything he can to fulfil his obligations under the contract. If he is not meeting the required standard then it is the responsibility of the coaching staff to drop him.

If they do not do so, don't blame Boyd people, vent you frustrations where they should be directed.

Yeah. There’s two sides to this debate, neither right nor wrong. But, with all due respect, much prefer to be talking up our players then this shit. In saying that I am looking forward to when our young guns make the grade and we’re doing just that.

Some people seem to have some difficulty grasping this concept. Boyd has a contract, Boyd is doing everything he can to fulfil his obligations under the contract. If he is not meeting the required standard then it is the responsibility of the coaching staff to drop him.

If they do not do so, don't blame Boyd people, vent you frustrations where they should be directed.
Exactly this. I think Macca should have been booted 10 years ago but I'm not going to hate on the guy. I've never insulted him or his character, he's just a man making an honest living. Easy to say drop yourself but if you keep getting selected every week and make 5k-10k a week doing it, I wouldn't give that up either. Clubs don't all of a sudden pay players more if they're playing awesome so tough shit.

I'd like Darius to **** off to reserve grade, but it's not his call.

Only have just realised it’s not effectively immediately. Was busy last week and didn’t realise he wasn’t pulling the pin right now. What a weak link he is going to be this year.

Active Now

• Strop
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • BruiserMk1
  • broncsgoat
  • Bronx48
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Brotherdu
  • Skathen
  • Redux
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • Allo
... and 56 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.