NEWS Darius Boyd: back by popular demand

That experience extends to his defensive communication directing Milford and Fifita, who defended on Brisbane’s left edge alongside Boyd when he was shifted from fullback to five-eighth last season.
So how did he help Milford on the edge defensively last year when Milford was playing fullback???

My journey from liking Siebs and thinking he was a great signing is slowly turning to a trajectory of thinking he is a lightweight who is too caught up in statistics. I cannot for the life of me recall another coach justify a player selection with the excuse that the other members of the team want him there.

The plain and simple fact of the matter is Boyd has outlasted his stay by a full two years. Why Siebs cannot see this is getting beyond a joke. Apparently he had 'another' fantastic off-season. Yet from what i saw in the trials he's every bit as inept as when he last signed off with that 58 -0 flogging.

If he still 'had it' he'd be holding down the position he has played most of his career in (FB). Instead Siebs has shuffled him from FB to 5/8 and it looks like now we are to witness the clown prince run around at centre. The 'experience' he has is worth nothing to us if continues to produce the pea-hearted efforts we have all been forced to endure over the last two seasons.

The crap Siebs is spinning to justify this is now beginning to make me think he is also not fit for purpose. I mean what consequences have this shower of bluffers actually suffered for allowing the biggest loss in our proud club's history to occur? For all intents and purposes it looks like all we have done is shuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Never thought I'd ever say it, but I can't wait for a second Brisbane team.

I cannot for the life of me recall another coach justify a player selection with the excuse that the other members of the team want him there.

Seibs hasn't done that either

Seibs hasn't done that either
From what I have read I have to disagree with you.
[automerge]1583355391[/automerge]
This was the quote attributed to Siebs “Darbs will play left centre, he’s had a tremendous pre-season. The guys want him in the team because of his communication and how he helps guys like David Fifita defensively.

Last edited:
From what I have read I have to disagree with you.
[automerge]1583355391[/automerge]
This was the quote attributed to Siebs “Darbs will play left centre, he’s had a tremendous pre-season. The guys want him in the team because of his communication and how he helps guys like David Fifita defensively.

show me where he says that Darbs was selected only because the others want him in the team ...

Any coach worth his salt would have said "I want him in my team" because of his communication and how he helps guys like David Fifita defensively.

show me where he says that Darbs was selected only because the others want him in the team ...
Eh - I think that last quote covers it.

Last edited:
Any coach worth his salt would have said "I want him in my team" because of his communication and how he helps guys like David Fifita defensively.

Eh - I think that last quote covers it.

how do we even know what question was asked to get that quote ... for all we know, the question was something like "how do the rest of the team feel about Darbs being selected?"

people are assuming that the question was "why did you select Darbs?" but asking a question like that would have unlikely gotten Badel the quote he wanted to base his click bait on

Hey you asked me to show you where it says Darbs was selected because the others want him in the team. I showed the quote I was reading. I'm sorry if it doesn't cover conversations prior to the quote but that's all I have to work with matey.

Hey you asked me to show you where it says Darbs was selected because the others want him in the team. I showed the quote I was reading. I'm sorry if it doesn't cover conversations prior to the quote but that's all I have to work with matey.

but that quote doesn't even say that ... just that the players want to play with him

this was also supposedly an exclusive from Badel ... surely if all Badel had to ask to get Seibs to give him this quote was "why did you select Boyd?" then surely every other rugby league journalist would be reporting it as well ... this is click bait gold for them

but that quote doesn't even say that ... just that the players want to play with him

this was also supposedly an exclusive from Badel ... surely if all Badel had to ask to get Seibs to give him this quote was "why did you select Boyd?" then surely every other rugby league journalist would be reporting it as well ... this is click bait gold for them
Sure,sure.

It seems to me that mediocrity has been in acceptance at our club for some time. Perhaps since the powers that be learned the phenomenon, that the Broncos are, allowed that mediocrity to still put bums on seats and caused the right sponsors to come knocking.
Thats no excuse however to not have the best players in our roster on the field at all times - regardless of what we are paying them.

Id like to know the opinion of why and how every other centre in the game game on the outside or over the top of Darius.....Where does that excuse exist? Hes a speed hump! I would run straight at him to make him run backwards then step right or left and sail straight past with an overlap.

Last edited:
Id like to know the opinion of why and how every other centre in the game game on the outside or over the top of Darius.....Where does that excuse exist? Hes a speed hump! I would run straight at him to make him run backwards then step right or left and sail straight past with an overlap.
You don't need to waste energy on a step. Just throw a dummy, even if noone's there.

Here are my two cents....
Last year when Boyd played fullback, he was without a doubt the worst fullback in the NRL. When he switched to 5/8 he was the worst 5/8 in the comp. Seibold or the board or whoever makes the decision to play him must be smoking crack.

How anyone can watch actual footage of his play and say that he is more of an asset vs a liability are just kidding themselves. Two weeks ago, I watched Jesse Arthurs play left centre and what I saw was a dynamic line runner and someone not afraid to hit with some starch from the position. The left side looked SO much better and you could see a damn good connection with Milford. That was non existent last week vs the Titans.

Darius may be popular with his team but that in no way shape or form a reason to put him on the field. He is too slow, has no power and scares NOBODY on the opposition. Compare that to even Staggs who while makes some errors still can run past or over players. He Should of been given the tap two years ago. It's an insult to Broncos fans full stop.

Last edited:
Wow fantastic. What NRL team do you play for?

I'm with @Jedhead , this smells like another excuse from Seibold.
It was the players who wanted him.
Then he gets to step in and fix it when it all turns to shit, like we all know it will.
I never wanted to be wrong so much but I feel like I'm tied to the tracks watching the train light coming towards me.

My journey from liking Siebs and thinking he was a great signing is slowly turning to a trajectory of thinking he is a lightweight who is too caught up in statistics. I cannot for the life of me recall another coach justify a player selection with the excuse that the other members of the team want him there.

The plain and simple fact of the matter is Boyd has outlasted his stay by a full two years. Why Siebs cannot see this is getting beyond a joke. Apparently he had 'another' fantastic off-season. Yet from what i saw in the trials he's every bit as inept as when he last signed off with that 58 -0 flogging.

If he still 'had it' he'd be holding down the position he has played most of his career in (FB). Instead Siebs has shuffled him from FB to 5/8 and it looks like now we are to witness the clown prince run around at centre. The 'experience' he has is worth nothing to us if continues to produce the pea-hearted efforts we have all been forced to endure over the last two seasons.

The crap Siebs is spinning to justify this is now beginning to make me think he is also not fit for purpose. I mean what consequences have this shower of bluffers actually suffered for allowing the biggest loss in our proud club's history to occur? For all intents and purposes it looks like all we have done is shuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Never thought I'd ever say it, but I can't wait for a second Brisbane team.
He's less of a coach and more of a press secretary at this point.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Mustafur
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Bongo
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • The True King
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • Waynesaurus
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.