NEWS Darius Boyd can't deal with Seibold

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I understand it's harsh but this is business, not personal. It's not like he accidentally fell into this situation, he bit off more than he can chew and he sucks at his job. Why should I feel sorry for him? He gets almost a million a year, he's the last person I'm going to feel sorry for if he sucks at his job. He can retire with a payout, it's not like he's going to be on struggle street, or he can get go start a business and have an awesome job without the pressure of media or money ever being an issue.
I think he came here for all the right reasons but a lot of what has happened was outside his control.
As I posted earlier , at the end of the day he hasn't coped with what has happened so he has to go but I do understand it's not all his own doing.

T

Twbapony

QCup Player
Oct 8, 2019
He was on a hiding to nothing, but unless we force all the playing group to take responsibility for their on field performance the next coach is heading for the same result. We need to get the playing group sorted out as well.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I think he came here for all the right reasons but a lot of what has happened was outside his control.
As I posted earlier , at the end of the day he hasn't coped with what has happened so he has to go but I do understand it's not all his own doing.

It's much easier to say "You're fired because this is our business decision not yours" than "You're fired, but you know, there's lots of other people who are shit too, so don't take it too rough when you retire on more money than most people will ever see in their career"

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
He was on a hiding to nothing, but unless we force all the playing group to take responsibility for their on field performance the next coach is heading for the same result. We need to get the playing group sorted out as well.

All word from the Broncos would suggest there is zero respect between many players and coach. You might lose one guy in a team who hates you, maybe two. But when you have as many voices coming out as we seem to, that indicates the people manager needs to be examined first.

T

Twbapony

QCup Player
Oct 8, 2019
I agree, we are like the Tigers when Ivan got there. We have several wrong people on the bus, we need to get them off, and then let the bus sort itself out as the playing group pull itself into order. Right people are needed to protect any incoming coach, not just a short term fix.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
It's much easier to say "You're fired because this is our business decision not yours" than "You're fired, but you know, there's lots of other people who are shit too, so don't take it too rough when you retire on more money than most people will ever see in their career"
I couldn't care less about the money he will get. His contract is what it is. It's his job to handle everything coming his way all I'm saying is it was a lot more than anyone could have envisaged. I don't think it would have mattered who got the job they would be in the same boat.
Anyway he is as good as gone and I'm more than happy to see him in the rear vision.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
All word from the Broncos would suggest there is zero respect between many players and coach. You might lose one guy in a team who hates you, maybe two. But when you have as many voices coming out as we seem to, that indicates the people manager needs to be examined first.
Who are all the voices.??

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Interesting comment on Nathan Tinkler by Boyd, from his tenure at Newcastle. At dinner on Caxton St, before playing Brisbane, a tanked up Tinkler asked Boyd whether he'd like some Maroon sewn into his jersey:

“As the weeks went on we began to learn more about Tinkler‘s personality. And it wasn‘t pretty. According to Nathan I only played well for Queensland, so if he added a splash or maroon to the Knights jersey would that make me play better for the team. His behaviour was as surprising as it was embarrassing, although Wayne handled him superbly. He was almost frothing at the mouth and he was not holding back as he told us what he thought about our footballing skills. He did this while Wayne was making the long journey from the coach’s box down to the change rooms. He entered as Nathan was in full slight. Wayne did not make a scene but he must have let him know what he thought of it all. He did not appreciate the interference.‘’

We could use a bit of that from our board.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I cannot support the notion that his failure was a fait accompli. I believe he was solely the master of his own demise. Yes, he lost players to injury but he didn't develop any players to fill in the way that Melbourne do. He seems to have complicated matters rather than provide a simple blueprint for each position, something he could have done from the outset. Another two failings for mine were the apparent absence of a game plan for each opponent and a strange handling of the bench rotation.

He had all last season to shape the team even though he was given no choice concerning the squad. That may not be strictly true because his predecessor allegedly was able to have a say in the team for Souths. I myself don't believe either coach had any imput to their new teams. Seeplod seemed to be way too familiar with his troops from the beginning and I believe I thought that from his first television interviews after the official start to his tenure.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I couldn't care less about the money he will get. His contract is what it is. It's his job to handle everything coming his way all I'm saying is it was a lot more than anyone could have envisaged. I don't think it would have mattered who got the job they would be in the same boat.
Anyway he is as good as gone and I'm more than happy to see him in the rear vision.
I can't agree. If Bellamy got the job we definitely wouldn't be spoon contenders.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Interesting comment on Nathan Tinkler by Boyd, from his tenure at Newcastle. At dinner on Caxton St, before playing Brisbane, a tanked up Tinkler asked Boyd whether he'd like some Maroon sewn into his jersey:

“As the weeks went on we began to learn more about Tinkler‘s personality. And it wasn‘t pretty. According to Nathan I only played well for Queensland, so if he added a splash or maroon to the Knights jersey would that make me play better for the team. His behaviour was as surprising as it was embarrassing, although Wayne handled him superbly. He was almost frothing at the mouth and he was not holding back as he told us what he thought about our footballing skills. He did this while Wayne was making the long journey from the coach’s box down to the change rooms. He entered as Nathan was in full slight. Wayne did not make a scene but he must have let him know what he thought of it all. He did not appreciate the interference.‘’

We could use a bit of that from our board.
Tinkler royally fucked the Knights and his behaviours have zero benefit except as an example of what not to do.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
We are going to get hit by the 37% Luxury Tax if we sack Seibold and payout his contract.

If heads don't roll for this I would be surprised, If Seibold walks out of the contract though we will be fine(but I highly doubt he will without atleast some settlement).

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Boyd really showed seibold last game! Really proved him wrong and showed what a talent he is without his coaching... seibold iis not cut out for this clubs expectations but ffs Boyd needs to stfu. He should have retired in 2017 at the latest and he's still got the audacity to have a hissy fit because he doesn't like the coach. He may not be the cancer that had infected this club, but for sure he is a massive tumour in his own right. His poor attitude has obviously rubbed off on the young guys...

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Boyd really showed seibold last game! Really proved him wrong and showed what a talent he is without his coaching... seibold iis not cut out for this clubs expectations but ffs Boyd needs to stfu. He should have retired in 2017 at the latest and he's still got the audacity to have a hissy fit because he doesn't like the coach. He may not be the cancer that had infected this club, but for sure he is a massive tumour in his own right. His poor attitude has obviously rubbed off on the young guys...
I think his F.U. was the switch back to FB game. Then his habits kicked in again. Deep down he knows how to play, but after cruising for so long and facing no consequences, it's easy to fall back into complacency. It's way easier.

Any person in any job can fall prey to it. Cutting corners or tricks of the trade can be OHS disasters waiting to happen, but until someone loses an eye it's let slide. I remember there was a FOREMAN crushed under a crane in 2011 at UQ because he wasn't using the push rod (or whatever you call it) but standing under using his hands. Ok, he was working long hours, but he was cutting corners and getting by. Until...

Boyd has been cutting corners and passing blame for a while now. He was and still is capable of greatness, but he's fallen into complacency, and THAT attitude is what has affected the club, because there's noone there anymore to hold people accountable. No Wayne, no Parker, no hard-as-nails toiler who will call it out. Dare I say it, no Gordie [emoji1785]

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We are going to get hit by the 37% Luxury Tax if we sack Seibold and payout his contract.

If heads don't roll for this I would be surprised, If Seibold walks out of the contract though we will be fine(but I highly doubt he will without atleast some settlement).

the only head that could possibly roll is White ... and he is gone next year anyway.

boards need to get voted out ... they don't get sacked. and with News Corp Australia holding something like 66% of the Broncos shares, the board they want, is the board we get

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.