NEWS Darius Boyd can't deal with Seibold

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
None of them play a team sport.
That wasn’t your point at all. Apart from the captaincy part, your post would not relate to team sports at all. They still have opponents who can get inside their “soft” minds. Whatever, this is fucking stupid.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
That wasn’t your point at all. Apart from the captaincy part, your post would not relate to team sports at all. They still have opponents who can get inside their “soft” minds. Whatever, this is fucking stupid.
It's not stupid at all. You've got to be top of your game. Simple as that. Otherwise someone else gets your spot. It's extremely competitive on every level. No one is pretending otherwise.

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
It's not stupid at all. You've got to be top of your game. Simple as that. Otherwise someone else gets your spot. It's extremely competitive on every level. No one is pretending otherwise.
We are arguing about Australian, Queensland and premiership winning Darius Boyd here hey? I reckon he was on top of his game for a big chunk of his career and while its gone downhill in the last year and a half, that’s usually what happens with rugby league players.

He was literally one of the top players in the game when he was suffering the most with his depression.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
We are arguing about Australian, Queensland and premiership winning Darius Boyd here hey? I reckon he was on top of his game for a big chunk of his career and while its gone downhill in the last year and a half, that’s usually what happens with rugby league players.

He was literally one of the top players in the game when he was suffering the most with his depression.
I am not his doctor so I can't comment on his specific mental health, other than he used it to justify cheating on his wife.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I am not his doctor so I can't comment on his specific mental health, other than he used it to justify cheating on his wife.
You were commenting on how it affected his playing ability but now you don’t want to? Weird.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You were commenting on how it affected his playing ability but now you don’t want to? Weird.
You've just said it didn't affect his playing ability, so what's the big deal? My only point is you don't get to use it as an excuse for others to lay off you.

In sport, you find your opponent's weakness and you exploit it.

Last edited:
Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Michael Phelps, Serena Williams and Rhonda Rousey all have depression. You and McHunts take is fucking stupid
Depression is a hugely varied mental condition and you calling people names on the internet is a huge reflection on yourself. Perhaps all of those people you name get depressed by underperforming and therefore strive for betterment, whereas Boyd is suffers from depression due to his family or relationships. Think before you speak.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Depression is a hugely varied mental condition and you calling people names on the internet is a huge reflection on yourself. Perhaps all of those people you name get depressed by underperforming and therefore strive for betterment, whereas Boyd is suffers from depression due to his family or relationships. Think before you speak.
What the actual ****? Who did I call names? The blokes trying to imply that having depression means you’re weak or soft minded? Nah, I said your opinion was stupid. Which it is so **** off with the little guilt trip you’re attempting

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
The point was that being in a highly competitive field and suffering from depression as well means that you are putting yourself at further risk. Those names you listed do so as well, perhaps not a good choice, so the statement stands. They have depression and clearly are also not having mental fortitude on the field. Perhaps that is unrelated until you couple the pressure of performance requirements with your own personal issues and it affects your depression. Therefore, choosing a high profile sporting career is perhaps not wise.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
The point was that being in a highly competitive field and suffering from depression as well means that you are putting yourself at further risk. Those names you listed do so as well, perhaps not a good choice, so the statement stands. They have depression and clearly are also not having mental fortitude on the field. Perhaps that is unrelated until you couple the pressure of performance requirements with your own personal issues and it affects your depression. Therefore, choosing a high profile sporting career is perhaps not wise.
Yeah having depression whilst being an athlete means you probably should just go lay bricks or something else instead of doing exactly what the people I listed and Boyd have done to make themselves better people.

Anyway, how does this thread relate to Boyd’s depression exactly? Seems like the same people trying to take pot shots and say he’s not up to it based on absolutely nothing and overlooking the fact that he’s been up to it and on top of his game for over a decade.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
What the actual ****? Who did I call names? The blokes trying to imply that having depression means you’re weak or soft minded? Nah, I said your opinion was stupid. Which it is so **** off with the little guilt trip you’re attempting
Ok, sure. You didn't technically call us names, but your tone could use some work. Also, you have misinterpreted our "take" and perhaps your opinion is equally invalid. No guilt trip attempted, just would rather you maintain civility when confronted with an opposing viewpoint. Going straight to nuclear is no way to settle any matter. It promotes close-mindedness and closes any avenues of compromise.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Yeah having depression whilst being an athlete means you probably should just go lay bricks or something else instead of doing exactly what the people I listed and Boyd have done to make themselves better people.

Anyway, how does this thread relate to Boyd’s depression exactly? Seems like the same people trying to take pot shots and say he’s not up to it based on absolutely nothing and overlooking the fact that he’s been up to it and on top of his game for over a decade.
He can be in any job, that is his choice. His choice of a job in a highly public, intensely scrutinised, media governed franchise is in my opinion a poor choice if he knowingly suffers depression.

He may be up to it physically/athletically, but his attitude is not benefitting the team. The behaviour of undermining the coach and giving up in a game rather than fighting through adversity and encouraging the rest of the team to do the same is what he lacks. Milford too. They drop their heads. Then the whole team does. They are the oldest, the most experienced and they have to lead the way in this way. IMO they have not. They have gone missing and that may have nothing to do with his depression. He may simply have 2 unfortunately negative traits for a professional footballer.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Yeah, I'm not casting dispersion on so-called mental health issues, and the gamut of personal problems that get painted with that brush. And certainly not bipolar disorder, depression and other clinically diagnosed issues.

Just in this instance, these guys are extremely highly paid elite athletes. Some are on more money than jet fighter pilots, surgeons, elite soldiers and the Prime Minister. Consider they were in Special Forces training. If they fail the mental side, they don't make the cut. Well this is even more competitive, and the pay's much better, plus you get public adulation.
Yeah, probably worded that wrong and made it sound like they are one and the same. As I wrote previously, they are certainly not two traits you would want to have in unison.

Depression is a serious issue and I agree with you fully here again. To appease Cult3's anger, I will state here clearly that having depression does not make you weak minded or a lesser person. Perhaps in the examples you listed here the decisions are made as much for the sake of the person themself, than for the organisation. That being said, Boyd has also shown IMO that he does not strive against the odds in the same way that a Lockyer, Langer, Thurston, Johns, Webcke etc. have and these players are the ones who are noted in the history books of the NRL as being match-winners and game changers.

McHunt?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Yeah, probably worded that wrong and made it sound like they are one and the same. As I wrote previously, they are certainly not two traits you would want to have in unison.

Depression is a serious issue and I agree with you fully here again. To appease Cult3's anger, I will state here clearly that having depression does not make you weak minded or a lesser person. Perhaps in the examples you listed here the decisions are made as much for the sake of the person themself, than for the organisation. That being said, Boyd has also shown IMO that he does not strive against the odds in the same way that a Lockyer, Langer, Thurston, Johns, Webcke etc. have and these players are the ones who are noted in the history books of the NRL as being match-winners and game changers.

McHunt?
Mate I don't know. If you're up to playing, you play. If not, you get dropped. Just don't make any excuses you need special treatment on the field, that's all. If you're recovering from a broken arm, you know damn well everyone will be targeting it.

Last edited:
Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Mate I don't know. If you're up to playing, you play. If not, you get dropped. Just don't make any excuses you need special treatment on the field, that's all. If you're recovering from a broken arm, you know damn well everyone will be targeting it.
Fair enough.

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
Seibold has used up more fullbacks than a pack of crayons.
Isaako, Niu, Milford, Boyd. Seibold simply doesn't know what he's doing. I can see where the fustration is coming from. Seibold once ordered Isaako not to pass the ball when playing FB, WTF? But that came out of Paul Kent's mouth, so take that with a grain of salt. Let's see if Gentle can make a difference without Seibold in the picture.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Justwin
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • LittleDavey
  • Fozz
  • Shane Tronc
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • davidp
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.