Darius Boyd for QLD!

• Thread starter sydney_bronco09
  • Start date
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Karmichael Hunt could have been in the backline, Mat Rogers (not everyone rates him, but he definitely better than Boyd), Steven Bell (crap, but better than Boyd) for starters.

Still, Karmichael Hunt should have been one of the first obvious picks in the backline. Even without those 2,
1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Tate
4. Inglis
5. Folau

Looks a lot more dangerous than

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Tate
4. Inglis
5. Folau

It's fair enough they want to get Berrigan-like utility value out of Hunt, and he'd obviously do a great job there, but he'd offer so much more at fullback, unlike Slater who has been tried and he never quite dominated as much as he was talked up he'd do.

/End rant.

1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Inglis
4. Folau
5. Boyd

"Default, the two sweetest words in the English language! De! Fault! De! Fault! De! Fault!"

I would have picked him ahead of Tate for game 1. His form has easily warranted it.

What's wrong with Boyd? He's been playing very well this season. Probably not Origin standard, but neither are Tate, Bell or Rogers.

Coxy said:
What's wrong with Boyd? He's been playing very well this season. Probably not Origin standard, but neither are Tate, Bell or Rogers.

He has easily played better than the three mentioned. I would have thought he would have been a natural selection for this game.

As a fan of Boyds I would be very surprised if sanity doesn't prevail when the selectors sit down.

No matter how good Boyd is going Hunt has to be named ahead of him. Unless they're going to drop Slater and put Hunt to fullback.

Frank will be breaking out in boils at the thought [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Boyd has been playing great- but he's not cut for Origin yet. He's too soft, although he is a very solid option. I think Rogers would be a better choice, he has been there, done that and offers experience.

Nah, better option is:

1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Inglis
4. Tate
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston

14. Prince

I still think Prince should be in the 7. Better half back than Thurston IMO

mal said:
I still think Prince should be in the 7. Better half back than Thurston IMO

Agreed, but Thurston is the alleged best player in the world. Or something.

How could I forget, Channel 9 force-feed me that shit every weekend!

Active Now

• Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • the_next
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • The True King
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.