Darius Boyd for QLD!

• Thread starter sydney_bronco09
  • Start date
And the only reason nobody gets high balls over Hodges is because they're scared he'll tip them on their heads.

Scotty said:
broncosil said:
He has massive problems under the high ball, in fact all of our outside backs, barring Hodges, have this problem. We concede a lot of tries on both wings.

Hunt is probably the safest player in the NRL under the high ball mate

I think Boyd would do alright in Origin, just tell him not to run infield when he gets the ball and all should go well.

What is people's problem with Boyd running in-field? It is an intelligent tactic. Centralising the attack early in the set is important, particularly when the defence is high in intensity as is the case at origin level, as it gives you a far stronger base from which the launch your set.

IMO it is far more frustrating when the winger tries to make an extra 5 metres on the kick return by running down the wing and in doing so allows your forwards to get boxed in and only enables them to attack from one side.

I think they are more talking about him running sideways completely..

mal said:
I think they are more talking about him running sideways completely..

Fair enough. That is complete rubbish anyway.

broncosil said:
He has massive problems under the high ball, in fact all of our outside backs, barring Hodges, have this problem. We concede a lot of tries on both wings.

Folau is also one of the best players under the high ball (in the NRL) both in attack and defence.

Does anyone else think his selection in Origin could determine whether he will stay at the Broncos given that Origin players can ask for more money?

Clintos said:
Does anyone else think his selection in Origin could determine whether he will stay at the Broncos given that Origin players can ask for more money?

Bfoord stated this fact earlier on the thread.

I am starting to think the same way to be honest. In that regard I hope he doesnt get picked, because it means he is a greater chance of staying with us!

However it wouldnt surprise me too much if he went anyway :roll:

Can't believe it - he's in! Not quite sure what to think yet...

Boyd is getting better every week but he isn't ready for Origin IMO. Hopefully he proves me wrong. I suppose Kemp for fullback for the Broncos this week and hopefully a young debutant on the wing..

Beads6 said:
Boyd is getting better every week but he isn't ready for Origin IMO. Hopefully he proves me wrong. I suppose Kemp for fullback for the Broncos this week and hopefully a young debutant on the wing..

Nope - our team already named. Hoffman to debut at fullback, Kemp and Robinson on the wings _woohoo_

1.Hunt
2.Slater
3.Inglis
4.Folau
5.Tate
6.Lockyer
7.Thurston
14.Prince
Surely that looks a lot better than
1.Slater
2.Boyd
3.Tate
4.Inglis
5.Folau
6.Lockyer
7.Thurston
14.Hunt

Prince Langer said:
1.Hunt
2.Slater
3.Inglis
4.Folau
5.Tate
6.Lockyer
7.Thurston
14.Prince
Surely that loss a lot better than
1.Slater
2.Boyd
3.Tate
4.Inglis
5.Folau
6.Lockyer
7.Thurston
14.Hunt
SURELY!!!! WTF is going on with selectors? [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non

If Hayne misses out, NSW will apparently go with Turner. What an epic battle that would be - Boyd on Turner!

Also, here's hoping he doesn't do any infield jogs when returning the ball. NSW forwards will absolutely destroy us unless our ball returners make as many metres as possible up the middle and down the side...

gezz people are very harsh and blind when they hate a player. Boyd has been great for us this year, and deserves a shot, he is only behind Kemp for tries with us, and is in the top 2 for line breaks as well. But thats ok don't let form get in the way of a good Boyd bash.

Active Now

• achievedrap
  • Skyblues87
  • Culhwch
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • mrslong
  • broncotville
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • Porthoz
  • mystico
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.