Darius Boyd for QLD!

• Thread starter sydney_bronco09
  • Start date
666 said:
gezz people are very harsh and blind when they hate a player. Boyd has been great for us this year, and deserves a shot, he is only behind Kemp for tries with us, and is in the top 2 for line breaks as well. But thats ok don't let form get in the way of a good Boyd bash.

You have no idea 666. Boyd is not Ennis and consequently is shit.

robbie mustoe said:
666 said:
gezz people are very harsh and blind when they hate a player. Boyd has been great for us this year, and deserves a shot, he is only behind Kemp for tries with us, and is in the top 2 for line breaks as well. But thats ok don't let form get in the way of a good Boyd bash.

You have no idea 666. Boyd is not Ennis and consequently is shit.

Oh no I don't agree with the boyd bashers i must have no idea and I must have missed the the section of the forum guidelines that says i must agree with people even when they are wrong.

Some of you clowns shoudl pull your head in and give Boyd a go FFS! I don't think he should have been picked but in saying that I think he will surprise everyone with how well he goes.

Beads6 said:
Some of you clowns shoudl pull your head in and give Boyd a go FFS! I don't think he should have been picked but in saying that I think he will surprise everyone with how well he goes.

To those of you saying he should not have been picked what are your alternatives? Even if you think Slater should have been put on the wing and Hunt at fullback, Boyd has been playing so much better than Tate that he would not be the first to drop out of that back line.

Alec said:
Also, here's hoping he doesn't do any infield jogs when returning the ball. NSW forwards will absolutely destroy us unless our ball returners make as many metres as possible up the middle and down the side...

Once again Alec I read you're input and wonder if you watch the game. Maybe you think your on the Lions forum. [icon_confu
Wingers go infield because thats where the coach wants them to run. Get to the middle of the park, make it easier for the forwards to get back to the ruck and they don't get cornered . Particularly if you don't have the bulk to take a 2-3 man tackle close to the sideline is the last place you want to be caught.

Dexter said:
Alec said:
Also, here's hoping he doesn't do any infield jogs when returning the ball. NSW forwards will absolutely destroy us unless our ball returners make as many metres as possible up the middle and down the side...

Once again Alec I read you're input and wonder if you watch the game. Maybe you think your on the Lions forum. [icon_confu
Wingers go infield because thats where the coach wants them to run. Get to the middle of the park, make it easier for the forwards to get back to the ruck and they don't get cornered . Particularly if you don't have the bulk to take a 2-3 man tackle close to the sideline is the last place you want to be caught.

It's OK to run in field, but you have to run straight as well. Best way to go is at a slight angle to the sideline, but Boyd has a habit of running at 90 degrees. That's all I meant.

Yea he does have a habbit of that but he doesnt do it much anymore.

Alec said:
Dexter said:
Alec said:

It's OK to run in field, but you have to run straight as well. Best way to go is at a slight angle to the sideline, but Boyd has a habit of running at 90 degrees. That's all I meant.

Do you understand why he runs to the side? Teams kick to the corner hoping to fence you off for the start of the set so that they can build momentum by focusing their defensive effort on one side of the ruck. By centring the play early in the set you take away the defending side's ability to do this. He does not run sideways when he receives the ball in the centre of the park. This is demonstrated by the fact that he makes more metres than anyone else in our club.

Alec said:
Dexter said:
Alec said:

First priority is to get to the middle of the field if you can make some mtrs as well then good but with the quality of the kick chase most of the time that is not possible.
A few players have the ability to beat a man on kick return but not many Boyd isn't one of them.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Alec ain't watched a game in his life! :P

Coxy said:
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Alec ain't watched a game in his life! :P

Certainly starting to look that way isn't it.

Boyd will be solid enough. I would have preferred hunt at fullback (slater to the wing) as this being lockyers first run the team will be starting again as far as team combinations go. I would love to go back in time a year and tell half this forum that boyd would be picked for origin in 12 months! I think most peoples heads would spin off! Good to see him going well and receiving a little credit at last. I just hope he gets his team loyalties sorted to lead the way for the new breed of aspiring broncos, post Bennett.

Well done to him I say, although this could mean he asks for a pay rise which may decrease our chances of keeping him!

He will be solid, whether he is a match winner I dont know....soon find out I guess!

whoo i won $50..

made a bet with a mate about suprise selections this year. Thankyou Boyd.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.