Darius Boyd poised to finish his career with Brisbane

Boyd also isn't exactly young either he isn't heading into his prime. He's at the back end of his career and I think it's Bennett giving him a payout for last few years.

Boyd also isn't exactly young either he isn't heading into his prime. He's at the back end of his career and I think it's Bennett giving him a payout for last few years.
If he was getting a payout, he would be sacked tomorrow and paid the remainder of his contract. Bennett doesn't hand out big contracts for the sake of it. He obviously thinks Darius is worth it, I tend to agree.

The figure the media has pointed out wouldn't be the figure that's included under the cap.

TPA agreements were holding things up. Some of that money would be TPA's.

I'm going to say that I've watched a few highlights of Boyd. He's got a lot better running game then what he makes out. We need him running the ball first then passing later. I'm actually impressed with the foot work I've seen, so if he starts to use that and take on the line more he would be more affective.

I don't really see why Boyd's age is an issue.

Fitness wise, he can't get any better. He always keeps himself in great shape and doesn't take shortcuts in that department and from memory he has only had one serious injury.

He could easily last another 4 years. Look at Cronk, he is 33 and isn't showing any signs of slowing down due to age. Because he looks after himself.

Slater is 34, and still looks as fit as ever. 4 years is not an issue, if he slows down he can move to the centres and play his final year or two there.

We should be able to identify the right rookies and do all we can to keep them. We seem to be unsure about a lot of them, not a particularly good sign.

We should be able to identify the right rookies and do all we can to keep them. We seem to be unsure about a lot of them, not a particularly good sign.

It's a difficult position, because this group of blokes should be together for the next 4-5 years. There won't be too many spots up for grabs for a while, barring injury.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • Redux
  • Ffs...
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • johnny plath
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.