Darius Boyd poised to finish his career with Brisbane

We should be able to identify the right rookies and do all we can to keep them. We seem to be unsure about a lot of them, not a particularly good sign.
It's hard to gauge talent when they are only playing U20's or ISC. Unless they are dominating their respective comps eg. Payne Haas, then it's basically a guessing game on whether they are going to be of NRL calibre one day soon.

If they're braining them in ISC it's only a couple of NRL losses away for them. First grade is a very unforgiving place if a team loses a few in a row. Naturally you're a much bigger chance at the Tigers or Knights than behind a mighty Melbourne team that just keeps winning.

Let's just pick our under 20's in the nrl and not re-sign any of our international, origin or nrl proven players.... because we don't want to lose them to other teams....

Pangai junior got in the team at 19 and has stayed in, same with Oates, Milford did the same....etc, etc, etc..... if they are good enough they are old enough. The problem with this "they'll develop in the nrl" theory everyone has suddenly scared themselves in to after losing a few 19 years olds who were 3rd or 4th in line in their position is that it rewards mediocrity based on potential &/or fear of losing them. The moment we start to pick players based on the future rather then the present is the moment we become a bottom 8 team...

he started in the 2006 GF
Yep youre right about that. Bad me :( didn't realise just how long he's been playing and for one club. Shame his form has gone the way it has. He's been a wonderful clubman but every player's time comes. He can get us to the grand final this year and Thaiday pumped up is still a heck of a player. After that, I see limited scope for him, unless he has an amazing off-season (unlikely at his age) and somehow gets back his consistency and hunger to play. A retirement in a winning grand final team would end his career nicely and give him the boost for the next stage of his life (media)
I suspect though that he intends to play on though. I hope boyd follows Lockyer's lead, sees the signs in the body, and calls it time, whilst on top, like he did. They both deserve respect for their feats but boyd remains an elite player whilst thaiday has seen his star dim

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Ffs...
  • Financeguy
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • johnny plath
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Payneinthehaas
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.