Darius Boyd told he won’t play round one, Jack Bird cut loose in Broncos upheaval

Personally I would prefer to offload Bird as I think we can use the money on positions we badly need to cover rather than position's that Bird primarily plays.

That said, he's been pretty unlucky with injury during his time here and I'm not sure that it's really his fault things haven't really worked out up to this point.

Personally I would prefer to offload Bird as I think we can use the money on positions we badly need to cover rather than position's that Bird primarily plays.

That said, he's been pretty unlucky with injury during his time here and I'm not sure that it's really his fault things haven't really worked out up to this point.

It's not his fault per se, but he has taken up two years of prime salary cap and cost this club more than money. Full year next year, no ifs or buts or gone.

It's not his fault per se, but he has taken up two years of prime salary cap and cost this club more than money. Full year next year, no ifs or buts or gone.
Like I said, I think we'd be better letting him go. I'm just saying I don't think injury is really in his control and my willingness to release him stems from us not needing a player in his position on that much money rather than blaming him for being injured for two seasons now.

Last edited:
Just do whatever needs to be done now, rip the scab off so everybody can move forward, all the media wankers can orgasm over the Broncos demise and get it all out of their system and pre-season can start with a whole new focus.

This 1000%. Get these plodders out of the team and worry about the cap space later. Just put Turpin into 9, Milford into the halves and if we can't get Holmes just someone not named Darius Boyd into fullback. I will cop another bad year if these salary cap draining ***** are gone.

We should return the favour to the Warriors for trying to poach all our blokes over the last 18 months and offer Chanel Harris-Tevita a starting spot and a contract he can't refuse.

Serious question: Do we have a realistic way for Boyd to leave without impacting our Salary Cap other than another club taking him off our hands, which is obviously extremely unlikely.

Serious question: Do we have a realistic way for Boyd to leave without impacting our Salary Cap other than another club taking him off our hands, which is obviously extremely unlikely.

No, he has to walk or we pay him.

Ok, based on responses received, it seems fair to say my proposal to swap Birdy with Ash is an unequivocal NO. Let's can that one.

Maybe we should adopt one of the Roosters old methods?

The only way I'd consider letting Bird go is if we get Holmes, and (unfortunately) I reckon there's Buckley's of that happening.

The only way I'd consider letting Bird go is if we get Holmes, and (unfortunately) I reckon there's Buckley's of that happening.
You probably can't get one without the other happening first. We likely don't have the cap space for Holmes unless Bird is taken off our hands.

It's a bit of a leap of faith but I think getting Bird off our books gives us the funds to cover a couple of holes in our squad that badly need filling so I think it might be a leap we have to take.

Ok, based on responses received, it seems fair to say my proposal to swap Birdy with Ash is an unequivocal NO. Let's can that one.

The hardest of no’s.

Some people think he’ll never play again he’s that cooked.

If we are releasing Bird/Macca to get Holmes, I'm really okay with this. A round 1 team of
1. Holmes
2. Oates / Coates
3. Arthars
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Gillett / Glenn (If he is renewed)
12. Fifita
13. TPJ
14. Seggy
15. Offa
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan / Glenn / Gillett

Looks pretty good.

I really do hope we renew glenn though. Need some leadership, and of our senior players, he was the only one not involved in going out late on saturday.
[automerge]1568778052[/automerge]
Probably not unless someone feels like going to jail...

Last edited:
QR9K.gif

sans the instant improvement part (though that too would be acceptable)

Last edited:
What I don’t get is they are saying that glen has to take a pay cut to stay and now they are supposedly looking at Holmes.
Just looks wrong.

Active Now

• mystico
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • MrMoore
  • Spoon
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.