Darius Boyd told he won’t play round one, Jack Bird cut loose in Broncos upheaval

I thought the option was for 2021 and providing he played 15 games. If you are right then happy days. That makes it easy. Here is a bunch of money NOT to play Darius.

2 years of player options ...

2020 - standard PO
2021 had the clause of playing 15 games (if you believe the media)

There is no way this is the result of one game you know...this has been coming to a head for ages clearly...

The decision to cut early on Bird i find interesting, like the original mistake of outbidding Parramatta for him has only now been acknowledged. Or a case of cap space is required to obtain the correct spine players the club needs and he is the easiest to expend..?

Bird almost back flipped on coming up here; he cited family reasons and that he thought they would move up with him to Brisbane; seems it took the Great Man (copyright trademark) to step in and talk him around...tells you something about his IQ level if you ask me...

Serious moves being mooted here.....they werent wrong about open heart surgery were they..?

Welp, it's necessary now. If Parra only beat us by 14 on the weekend and not by 58, none of this is happening right now.

I agree but I was under the impression that they can only offer glen unders because of salary cap pressures.
That doesn’t square with then chasing Holmes who would be on several times more coin than glen.

That is what they can offer Glenn, for what he delivers. Says nothing about what they can offer someone else...

However I don’t see us getting Holmes even if he wants to come back to league unless we get rid of some combination of Boyd / Bird / McCullough from our salary cap for next year. Obviously best would be Boyd and McCullough gone, Holmes signed, Glenn and Segeyaro upgraded...

That's right. That's what I'm saying. I'm happy to get rid of Bird to get a game managing half.
All that is fine, but for $900k you probably can get far better value than that. In a position we actually need it especially.

Flippin heck, hangin out to get home from work to read BHQ properly and pumped up to hopefully read news about the fallout from the deadwood (Darry and Macca) being dumped, but nothing confirmed yet!

Would you fellas expect we might hear more about today's review after the boardroom meeting thingy that is supposed to be held tomorrow?

I know it is extremely immature and petty of me, but I just can't wait to see the looks on Boyd and Macca's face when/if the news is confirmed they are dumped and the story starts hitting the press.

Last edited:
so...if I have correctly assessed the mood on here...folk seem open to the idea of cutting Bird to fund a top halfback acquisition (though ive no idea who they might have in mind..?)

So, can I play devils advocate; if Bird goes to free up cap...

....why not Milford...?

...why not both...???

Also, NRL Lurker mentioned that Brisbane had approached the manager of Lachlan Lewis...make of that what you will..

Would anyone be keen for some kind of swap with the sharks of Bird for Josh Morris?
Sharks have a center pairing of Xerri and Ramien next year, which will have them sorted for the next decade.

Jmoz will be moved to wing and takes up bugger all of their cap currently.

Basically they don't need Bird for center and swapping with Jmoz probably sees us footing a large chunk of Bird's salary anyway

Also, NRL Lurker mentioned that Brisbane had approached the manager of Lachlan Lewis...make of that what you will..

I hope not. I just don't rate him at all. His only real positive is that he seems to have a lot of time with his kicks for some reason?

Fully aware of the NFL season as an avid follower thanks mate.
I am referring to this season and following.
I just doubt he would sit back for another year when he could be earning 10x the money in the NRL.

Is coke as easy to come by in Brisbane as it is in Sydney? I'm too old and poor to be around that type of thing.
It is. I saw an ex bronco who was in town to watch a friend debut for the Broncos earlier this year. Ask him for some of you need.

I think we could send him over to Super League?
Although, I think we have a better chance of getting rid of Macca this way since he's not as cooked as Boyd. Still, Boyd could possibly go ok over there. If Kurt Gidley is still playing, there's no reason why Boyd can't have a chop.
Believe it or not, they have the internet over there and I think it's abundantly clear Boyd couldn't make a school boy team with his form.

Flippin heck, hangin out to get home from work to read BHQ properly and pumped up to hopefully read news about the fallout from the deadwood (Darry and Macca) being dumped, but nothing confirmed yet!

Would you fellas expect we might hear more about today's review after the boardroom meeting thingy that is supposed to be held tomorrow?

I know it is extremely immature and petty of me, but I just can't wait to see the looks on Boyd and Macca's face when/if the news is confirmed they are dumped and the story starts hitting the press.

I don’t think we’ll hear anything for a while. Seibold and co will want to ponder for weeks I reckon.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.