Darius Boyd told he won’t play round one, Jack Bird cut loose in Broncos upheaval

lol. The examples are all there. I'd rather be "an fool" than blind.

once again you speak shit ...

did you go to training every day to see how hard he was working?

were you with him before and after matches to see what his preparation was like?

my guess is you saw his poor form for 80 minutes and have deluded yourself into thinking that means he isn't trying. maybe because it will make it easier for you to take when he is moved one/dropped/retires

were you with him before and after matches to see what his preparation was like?

my guess is you saw his poor form for 80 minutes and have deluded yourself into thinking that means he isn't trying. maybe because it will make it easier for you to take when he is moved one/dropped/retires
Were you?

I honestly can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not.

I hope it’s not the case, but it reeks of the perceived Bennett-esque salting the earth on his way out.

I'm actually glad we lost the way we did in the finals. This is the silver lining. If we lost by up to 12 points, doubt anything would have changed. Finally, change is coming.
Bring it on, we'll probably still be shit next year but at least there should be some cap space on the horizon.

Bird is also on the outer as the club tries to find a way to free up salary cap space to retain its young squad of stars

Can't help but think/feel that the above comment's, a bit short sighted. For a brief moment in the early rounds, we saw Bird "getting fit" ...we started to see some of the reason he was brought here in the first place.

One would hope that he's now had.....his run of injuries.

If there was a pie chart of Darius Boyd's shitness in 2019 it would read -

Not willing to put his body on the line - 33%

Not giving a shit about the team - 33%

Not willing to accept that anything is his fault - 33%

Still salty about how the club treated uncle Wayne, so is subconsciously sabotaging the club from the inside - 0.5%

Poor form - 0.5%

If there was a pie chart of Darius Boyd's shitness in 2019 it would read -

Not willing to put his body on the line - 33%

Not giving a shit about the team - 33%

Not willing to accept that anything is his fault - 33%

Still salty about how the club treated uncle Wayne, so is subconsciously sabotaging the club from the inside - 0.5%

Poor form - 0.5%
I feel like your attitude has changed a lot. I'd like to mention the fuss I kicked up when we first announced the new deal for him in 2017 and I got slammed here.

I feel like your attitude has changed a lot. I'd like to mention the fuss I kicked up when we first announced the new deal for him in 2017 and I got slammed here.

My attitude changed when his attitude changed, I was all for him in 2015-17, started changing big time last year. Can't wait to see the end of him.

My attitude changed when his attitude changed, I was all for him in 2015-17, started changing big time last year. Can't wait to see the end of him.
It was never a good idea to sign someone his age for 4 years. Especially after he had injury issues in 2017. The same goes for Matt Gillett. Long term deals for aging players who were injured at the time of signing. Stupid.

remember Boyd has an option in his favour for next season ... so if he decides to retire, he won't take up that option, therefore (in theory, because who knows with the amateurish NRL) we won't need to carry any of his contract on our cap.

GI was different because he still had a year to go on his contract
He has to play 15 games next season to take the option

It was never a good idea to sign someone his age for 4 years. Especially after he had injury issues in 2017. The same goes for Matt Gillett. Long term deals for aging players who were injured at the time of signing. Stupid.
Didn’t they extend Gillett’s deal again after he broke his neck??
Madness...

Didn’t they extend Gillett’s deal again after he broke his neck??
Madness...

It's just lazy as **** roster management. It's as simple as that. They just saw "Representative second rower" on the front of his resume and stamped away. They can't be fucked going through the process of finding better options.

Bird is the only "major" signing we've made in what feels like 5+ years and even he was a last minute kneejerk emergency signing.

I actually hope Boyd gets a start and plays next year just to enjoy all the whining on here.
[automerge]1568810480[/automerge]
It's just lazy as **** roster management. It's as simple as that. They just saw "Representative second rower" on the front of his resume and stamped away. They can't be fucked going through the process of finding better options.

Bird is the only "major" signing we've made in what feels like 5+ years and even he was a last minute kneejerk emergency signing.

How was he a last minute, knee jerk signing?

Last edited:
According to Chris Garry, Matt Gillett was also put on notice today, said he believes Gillett may transition in to a bench role next year.

Also, in regards to the captaincy, he said Matt Lodge is the natural leader and the one that the players would want to be captain, but he'd be a PR disaster and it's unlikely. Captaincy could go to a "big name" player we bring in from outside the club.

According to Chris Garry, Matt Gillett was also put on notice today, said he believes Gillett may transition in to a bench role next year.

Also, in regards to the captaincy, he said Matt Lodge is the natural leader and the one that the players would want to be captain, but he'd be a PR disaster and it's unlikely. Captaincy could go to a "big name" player we bring in from outside the club.

You know what’s a bigger PR nightmare? Losing. What else? Having a captain like Boyd.

If we have success it doesn’t matter what Lodge has done in the past. Sponsors will quickly forget.

Paul Gallen was made captain of the sharks when his rep was even worse than it is now. Hate the guy all you want, he’s been a great leader at that club.

to the media ... a "big name" player could be anything from am ISC player most of us have never heard of, all the way to a Aussie rep player

to the media ... a "big name" player could be anything from am ISC player most of us have never heard of, all the way to a Aussie rep player

The name Garry seems to be adamant on is Chad Townsend, I think that'd be a pretty handy signing to be honest, he's what we need. He might actually be a genuine captaincy option as well if you want to look at it objectively.

Townsend's numbers for this year, not the greatest, but certainly nothing to scoff at -

25 games - 6 tries, 13 try assists, 11 line-break assists, 19 forced drop outs - 85% tackle efficiency

Comparatively, the million dollar Milf -

24 games - 6 tries, 13 try assists, 8 line-break assists, 19 forced drop outs - 71% tackle efficiency

Very similar overall production, having two guys in the halves who are capable of forcing drop outs, setting up tries for others and scoring the occasional one themselves? Sign me up.

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Tim K
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fatboy
  • maddo
  • FaceOfMutiny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.