Who should be the Maroons fullback for Game II

• Billy Slater

• Darius Boyd

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
With just over 3 minutes remaining, Queensland shift it from sideline to sideline, Thurston, to Cronk, to Smith and to Slater. Billy drawing on his experience runs an angle towards the sideline, beats Maloney, creating the opportunity for Morgan and Gagai to combine.

Look at the names there, look at the play and look at the amount of pressure they were under. These players are just winners and Billy Slater earned his way back into the team after suffering a shoulder injury that would have seen others retire.

Unbelievable from the Maroons legend and how good is it that he got the last laugh on Maloney?

Alec

International Rep
I'm happy to keep Billy at fullback. Once we play on a ground where players don't slip over 50% of the time, our attack should be more effective too.

Pushkin

QCup Player
Boyd biggest problem is he don't involve too much in the game. Last night all the hard yard done by gagai and chambers. Same thing with broncos he don't run hard.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Boyd biggest problem is he don't involve too much in the game. Last night all the hard yard done by gagai and chambers. Same thing with broncos he don't run hard.
If they don't pass it out left, it's not going to happen. Everytime he touched the ball, he went towards the middle. So they clearly were told to attack down our right.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I have to admit QLD made the right call bringing Slater back in.

I don't think Boyd would have been a bad option and we would have still won with him, but Slater's explosive speed really troubled the NSW defence and it was one of the reasons why we won the series.

mieko

QCup Player
Hands down Billy everyday of the week. I think Boyd is a fantastic player but in origin if Slater is fit, he's the fullback for sure with Boyd on the wing.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
I have to admit QLD made the right call bringing Slater back in.

I don't think Boyd would have been a bad option and we would have still won with him, but Slater's explosive speed really troubled the NSW defence and it was one of the reasons why we won the series.
Billy literally made the difference in Game II, come on. We wouldn't have won that one without him imo.

It's not a comparison between the individuals only, it's more importantly about the combination with the other spine players, much like things were much easier for Munster in game III with Smith, Cronk and Slater there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter