• Billy Slater

• Darius Boyd

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
If Slater comes back you can lock in a win for game 2.

It'll be the down and out champion, doubted by QLD selectors, comes back to save the state. The media will run with it, and the NRL will instructs the refs to make it happen, both for that, and for a decider.
And QLD will be one game further away from securing it's future.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain

It'll be the down and out champion, doubted by QLD selectors, comes back to save the state. The media will run with it, and the NRL will instructs the refs to make it happen, both for that, and for a decider.
Don't forget JT's last origin series.

john1420

NRL Player
Big step up for a man who has played 14 seasons of NRL ?
Debuted for Australia 9 years ago . Ye of little faith .

Bill offers more in attack and backing up down the middle of the park . When was the last time we saw Darius back up in support down the middle or chime in mid field through the ruck ?
Slater more threat returning the ball .

I had Bill at 1 Darius at 2 in my side for game 1. But that would mean dropping Corey Oates . Tough call . With out Oates`s carries we are struggling .

Darius didn`t do much wrong . Dropping him for Slater I can`t select him over Oates or Gagai as a winger . Sorry Darius .
They will probably pick Billy at 1, but I will close my BHQ account if they drop Boyd

Billy at 1, Boyd to the wing

Most likely O'Neill is the one who gets dropped, and my guess is that Gagai moves to centre

Defense there is a concern though

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
I wouldn't hate bringing Billy in, but it'd be pretty shit to leave Holmes out for the entire series, the guy can't do much more to demand selection, he's arguably in the top 3 wingers in the world right now and can't even crack our 17.

It'd be far more beneficial to the continuity and future success of the team to just leave Billy out, keep Darius at Fullback and blood Holmes.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Holmes

Once next season comes around, assuming Inglis is fully healthy we'll probably make the call to shift Oates to the 2nd row / bench and Gagai / Chambers to the wing.

Big Del

QCup Player

NRL instructs the refs !?? Whaaaaa ????

QLD JANE

BRL Player
Holmes can wait his turn next year.
Also I think Munster could fill Morgan's spot as the bench utility.

OXY-351

NRL Player
as Bennett said "the QLD selectors thought Boyd was the best option at fullback 3 weeks ago, and he hasn't done anything wrong to lose his spot"
The QLD selectors also thought Myles, Thaiday and O'niell were the best options too. Maybe the selectors were wrong.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
The QLD selectors also thought Myles, Thaiday and O'niell were the best options too. Maybe the selectors were wrong.
Yeah, but unlike Myles, Infill and Thaiday ... Boyd did nothing wrong to lose his position.

OXY-351

NRL Player
Yeah, but unlike Myles, Infill and Thaiday ... Boyd did nothing wrong to lose his position.
True, but I also don't think he did anything spectacular to keep it either.

I feel a bit sorry for Boyd though. Only a great game and a QLD win was going to put the Slater-Boyd argument to bed. With a QLD loss, it seemed inevtiable that Slater would be back (assuming he is).

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Walters still isn't being totally ruthless though. Oates is a better option than Boyd on the wing imo. Especially for those hard carries out of Qld's own end. But he did not want to drop him completely after bringing back Slater it seems.

Boyd should be fullback or not in the team I think.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Walters still isn't being totally ruthless though. Oates is a better option than Boyd on the wing imo. Especially for those hard carries out of Qld's own end. But he did not want to drop him completely after bringing back Slater it seems.

Boyd should be fullback or not in the team I think.
you realise Boyd has the second most tries in state of origin history ... the majority (if not all) were scored on the wing

OXY-351

NRL Player
here's a question what if QLD lose game 2 and Slater is not the magician everyone thinks he will be?
Don't get me wrong. I don't think Slater being in the team automatically means QLD wins. I don't think it changes the result in game 1 at all. The QLD backline didn't lose that game. I do however think Slater offers more at FB than Boyd does.

But in saying that, I do find it very un-QLD like what has happened. With all this talk of loyalty, I think Slater deserved the loyalty to be extended to him in game 1. If Slater doesn't get injured in 2015 and again in 2016, I doubt Boyd is the FB today. But QLD chose to stick with Boyd, which while I don't fully agree with, I can understand and accept it. But if the selectors now turn around and select Slater again, it seems like they are now being disloyal to Boyd a little.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter