VOTE Darius Boyd vs Billy Slater

Who should be the Maroons fullback for Game II

• Billy Slater

• Darius Boyd

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Using slater performance against the Knights as a catalyst to propel him into the Maroons side is like saying the Warriors are back after beating the broncs. Sure it's impressive but it's all smoke and mirrors

Using slater performance against the Knights as a catalyst to propel him into the Maroons side is like saying the Warriors are back after beating the broncs. Sure it's impressive but it's all smoke and mirrors

Boyd and Slater will be looking to impress the next two weeks. You can only play the team you're put against.

Yeah I have been quite vocal in saying I don't want to go back to Slater BUT I think the situations are very different.

The Warriors have never been class, they have a history of going well when other teams are depleted and that's it.

Slater has a very long history of playing at the level he did against the Knights but his history is against every side, good or bad

He is 32 and hasn't played at that level in 2 years.

It is a big step up, especially in the speed the game is played.

Big step up for a man who has played 14 seasons of NRL ?
Debuted for Australia 9 years ago . Ye of little faith .

Bill offers more in attack and backing up down the middle of the park . When was the last time we saw Darius back up in support down the middle or chime in mid field through the ruck ?
Slater more threat returning the ball .

I had Bill at 1 Darius at 2 in my side for game 1. But that would mean dropping Corey Oates . Tough call . With out Oates`s carries we are struggling .

Darius didn`t do much wrong . Dropping him for Slater I can`t select him over Oates or Gagai as a winger . Sorry Darius .

Last edited:
Let's just see how Boyd responds tonight.

Slaters game last night was against the soon to be 3x consecutive wooden spooners.

I saw Darius grab at his groin late in the match Saturday afternoon after being tackled and doing the splits . Could be a groin strain ??

Last edited:

Bill offers more in attack and backing up down the middle of the park . When was the last time we saw Darius back up in support down the middle or chime in mid field through the ruck ?

I had Bill at 1 Darius at 2 in my side for game 1. But that would mean dropping Corey Oates . Tough call . With out Oates`s carries we are struggling .

Darius didn`t do much wrong . Dropping him for Slater I can`t select him over Oates or Gagai as a winger . Sorry Darius .

If you're suggesting Boyd gets left out all together you're on another planet. He's played 27 games straight. Speak about ye of little faith.

That said Slater is in far better form at the moment. I still think Boyd is the better selection but it sounds as if Billy will be at the back. They can't drop either Oates or Gagai so Gagai will likely be in the centres with Boyd on one wing. Val will just have to wait his turn as none of the backs, apart from O'neil have turned in a poor performance.

If Slater comes back you can lock in a win for game 2.

It'll be the down and out champion, doubted by QLD selectors, comes back to save the state. The media will run with it, and the NRL will instructs the refs to make it happen, both for that, and for a decider.

It'll be the down and out champion, doubted by QLD selectors, comes back to save the state. The media will run with it, and the NRL will instructs the refs to make it happen, both for that, and for a decider.

And QLD will be one game further away from securing it's future.

Don't forget JT's last origin series.

They will probably pick Billy at 1, but I will close my BHQ account if they drop Boyd

Billy at 1, Boyd to the wing

Most likely O'Neill is the one who gets dropped, and my guess is that Gagai moves to centre

Defense there is a concern though

I wouldn't hate bringing Billy in, but it'd be pretty shit to leave Holmes out for the entire series, the guy can't do much more to demand selection, he's arguably in the top 3 wingers in the world right now and can't even crack our 17.

It'd be far more beneficial to the continuity and future success of the team to just leave Billy out, keep Darius at Fullback and blood Holmes.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Holmes

Once next season comes around, assuming Inglis is fully healthy we'll probably make the call to shift Oates to the 2nd row / bench and Gagai / Chambers to the wing.

NRL instructs the refs !?? Whaaaaa ????

i got tickets to the third game so they better play Billy at full back and win

Yeah, you can't tell me bringing in the old guy to do the young guys work won't have an impact on the future of the team.

"... like sand through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives..."

Such a predicatable soap opera these days, you are dead right.

Yep, called it when they left him out of the 1st team.

Holmes can wait his turn next year.
Also I think Munster could fill Morgan's spot as the bench utility.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Morkel
  • Nerd
  • Footy Fanatic
  • BroncosAlways
  • bazza
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Stix
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Jazza
  • dasherhalo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.