NEWS Darius Boyd will take a $300,000 pay cut if he sees out his Broncos contract

Matheos

BRL Player
Sydney
Exactly, 2 experienced and well respected players. As much as I would love a speedy creative 9 and 6 , you need players to direct our youngster's.
- Merged

If we played turpin, dearden and sos how do you think we'd go ? We might look dangerous but I bet we'd be very inconsistent, and would lose more than we won.
You're also forgetting the talk of removing Macca and Boyd is not recent and has been a genuine concern for us fans and members for 18-24 months. Here is what was the most popular alternative tossed around this forum as early as round 4! Not as inexperienced/ inconsistent as you think....
1. Bird
6. Milf
7. SOS / Dearden
9. Turpin

theshed

NRL Player
You're also forgetting the talk of removing Macca and Boyd is not recent and has been a genuine concern for us fans and members for 18-24 months. Here is what was the most popular alternative tossed around this forum as early as round 4! Not as inexperienced/ inconsistent as you think....
1. Bird
6. Milf
7. SOS / Dearden
9. Turpin
A lot of people seem to be ignoring the fact that most of our alternative spine options have missed big parts of the season due to injury or suspension. How many games could that spine have had together this year?

Last edited:

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Exactly, 2 experienced and well respected players. As much as I would love a speedy creative 9 and 6 , you need players to direct our youngster's.
- Merged

If we played turpin, dearden and sos how do you think we'd go ? We might look dangerous but I bet we'd be very inconsistent, and would lose more than we won.
Well I wouldn't be dropping any guarantees but we'd be 12 weekls closer to where we wanted to be. Except for the injuries already sustained it would have been career ending if we put Deards through that thank God we didn't.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Honestly you fellas are just going to have to get over the Boyd/Macca hate. They're not getting dropped. Cheer them on, they're part of our next premiership winning spine.

Don't mistake that for me not wanting Macca shipped out 5 years ago but it is what it is. At the very least they're excellent clubmen and ultimate professionals around their preparation and attitude. If we want the next batch of super stars to remain good players, we need a good senior influence around them, or else we end up like the rabble down the Coast who sign "stars" with a leadership group of Hayne, James and... Peats? lol.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Honestly you fellas are just going to have to get over the Boyd/Macca hate. They're not getting dropped. Cheer them on, they're part of our next premiership winning spine.

Don't mistake that for me not wanting Macca shipped out 5 years ago but it is what it is. At the very least they're excellent clubmen and ultimate professionals around their preparation and attitude. If we want the next batch of super stars to remain good players, we need a good senior influence around them, or else we end up like the rabble down the Coast who sign "stars" with a leadership group of Hayne, James and... Peats? lol.
This ... Boyd's talent may have deserted him to an extent and Macca never really had any (except making 40-50 tackles a game) ... but their attitude towards training and their game day preparation and recovery are excellent and a good example for our youthful squad.

Last edited:

kooly87

NYC Player
This ... Boyd's talent may have deserted him to an extent and Macca never really had any (except making 40-50 tackles a game) ... but their attitude towards training and their game day preparation and recovery are excellent and a good example for our youthful squad.
I could live with Boyd if he was part of our next Premiership. I just don't think we'll achieve one if he's only allowed to make up part of our spine.

He'd be a very capable left Centre and in that role (similar to late career GI) he could be both a leader and a solid contributor each week and in that capacity I can see us challenging for a Premiership.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter