NEWS Darren Lockyer concedes Tevita Pangai Jr will be hard to retain

No, no. We are talking about the Rorters here. They are always able to let go of the guys nearing the end of their careers and sign the best young players to take their place. They can do this because "they manage the salary cap really well"........ The rest of us who think they are making a mockery of the competition are just conspiracy theorists. And let's keep in mind, the amount of money their players get from TPAs is among the lowest in the competition.
I wonder what their wives are making in TPA's...

Worth about 500k and that’s gambling on him reaching this high skill ceiling he is supposed to have.

Had some noteable games but apart from that hasn’t stood out from the pack at all.

I can't help but feel that the Roosters are suspect as f$ck. Non existent salary cap...

So TPJ apparently played an April Fools Day joke on Paul White.

First thing in the morning, he's gone into White's office and sat down and starting crying saying, ‘Mate there is something I really have to tell you and I feel like I’ve done the wrong thing, but I’m just going to be straight with you’.

Then he told White that he had signed a 5 year deal with the Roosters. White apparently went into a foetal position on the floor and by the time he picked himself up, TPJ had left and gone to training.

20 minutes later he came back in and everyone was talking about it. He then told White, ‘Sorry Whitey I got you’.

To be honest, I think that is a good sign. Why joke about it and then turn around and do it?

So TPJ apparently played an April Fools Day joke on Paul White.

First thing in the morning, he's gone into White's office and sat down and starting crying saying, ‘Mate there is something I really have to tell you and I feel like I’ve done the wrong thing, but I’m just going to be straight with you’.

Then he told White that he had signed a 5 year deal with the Roosters. White apparently went into a foetal position on the floor and by the time he picked himself up, TPJ had left and gone to training.

20 minutes later he came back in and everyone was talking about it. He then told White, ‘Sorry Whitey I got you’.

To be honest, I think that is a good sign. Why joke about it and then turn around and do it?
Foetal position on the floor... yeah, that really happened!

I just listened to that story from Hooper and firstly I think it is fucking hilarious and secondly if TPJ had any plans on leaving why would he joke about it?

He didn't get moved on ... We just weren't prepared to match the massive offer from the Titans.

Let go , moved on . Either way he was not at the top of our list of priorities .

Last edited:
Gotta love Hodges' troll comments as well. Plenty of Roosters fans biting.

“It depends on what he wants to do,” said Justin Hodges, who played for both the Broncos and Roosters.
“If he wants to go to the Roosters for the money, well, he has to go.
“If he wants to play Origin football and he wants to play in big moments, he’s better off staying at Brisbane.
“But if he wants to go to North Bondi and drink the lattes and live a happy life then obviously he’ll go to the Roosters.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/b...g/news-story/7f470754c4cb50d3b69bb0ebf2448876

Come on mate he is exagerrating. Bloody hell. Do you always take everything so literally?
iu

Let go , moved on . Either way he was not at the top of our list of priorities .

there is a big difference between not matching money for a player and moving them on ...

for e.g. if TPJ signs with the Roosters for a million a season, because we decided not to match it, does that mean we "moved on" TPJ? ...

besides the fact, if we moved on Arrow for Carrigan, then there is no way Carrigan has yet to debut 2 years later.

They are right, he isnt worth a million a year yet. He might be by the end of this year, but from his time at Brisbane so far he isnt in that bracket.

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • Hurrijo
  • Splinter
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Pablo
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Griffo
  • Jedhead
  • Big Del
  • easybreezy
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Galah
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.