NEWS Darren Lockyer concedes Tevita Pangai Jr will be hard to retain

To soften the blow.

I'm not sure how joking about it and then going ahead and doing it after saying you were just joking would soften the blow.. But perhaps that's just me.

I would be royally fucking pissed. Especially after moving on several players to keep him.

He'll stick around. This smells of TPJ taking the piss out of the media in his own way.

there is a big difference between not matching money for a player and moving them on ...

for e.g. if TPJ signs with the Roosters for a million a season, because we decided not to match it, does that mean we "moved on" TPJ? ...

besides the fact, if we moved on Arrow for Carrigan, then there is no way Carrigan has yet to debut 2 years later.

So serious ! Not just for carrigan but our young forwards, tpj, haas , sua , fifita and flegler.

Last edited:
Let go , moved on . Either way he was not at the top of our list of priorities .

He was on the list. The Broncos did not want to lose him. He wasn't moved on.

Gotta love Hodges' troll comments as well. Plenty of Roosters fans biting.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/b...g/news-story/7f470754c4cb50d3b69bb0ebf2448876

“It depends on what he wants to do,” said Justin Hodges, who played for both the Broncos and Roosters.
“If he wants to go to the Roosters for the money, well, he has to go.
“If he wants to play Origin football and he wants to play in big moments, he’s better off staying at Brisbane.
“But if he wants to go to North Bondi Melbourne and drink the lattes and live a happy life then obviously he’ll go to the Roosters Storm."

I think that's what Hodgo meant to say.

This time last year TPJ was saying I’m going to play for Tonga not NSW, I’m not chasing money, I want to be a broncos for life, blah blah blah

TPJ showed tonight that he isn't even close to worth $1 million so if that's the money he wants then he can **** right off.

He hasn't changed at all. He is still just as inconsistent as he has been for the past two seasons.

On potential he’s worth 1.5mil

On current/recent form $750k max

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Skyblues87
  • RodF
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Splinter
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.