NEWS Darren Lockyer confirms Brisbane Broncos' Brodie Croft signing

It almost certainly will be Macca. It's dumb, but you can just feel it in your bones that it's what we're going to get.
Maybe Dearden will get a shot from the bench.
[automerge]1574826615[/automerge]
I dont mean on here. Locky has said it and people around the game have said it.
And Seibs ignored him:

Last edited:
It almost certainly will be Macca. It's dumb, but you can just feel it in your bones that it's what we're going to get.

Or have Bird at 14, to take on tired forwards late in the half's. A strike runner sniffing around the ruck, awaiting late offloads from Haas and TPJ. Short stints to get his body used to the weekly rigours of NRL instead of flogging him out the 80 and reinjuring himself long term again.
The other option if Bird is starting centre, is have Perese do that role similar to the Storms use of Papenhuyzen.

An extra hooker of Macca's limited calibre will have Seibs and the team on the backfoot every week. Get him to run the water if his input is soo damn important, we don't need his playing ability anymore.

To me the statements coming out of the club appear to be insinuating that the only viable spot left in the team for Darius is left center... so no to wing, 6 or fullback.

To me I think the plan all along with this "defend him in the front line" has been about getting him into center. With his drastic fall in form throughout 2019 I'd say he has lost any ownership he may have had on a starting 13 spot.

Staggs won back of the year, Bird is back running, Croft will be our 7. That leaves 6 & 1.

Isaako has performed well since mid-year last year and went well in the post season so he may have first running with Coates and Herbie to take the wing. I also find it interesting that in almost every interview that Seibs talks about the juniors he talks about Niu... so he could be a sneaky starter with Isaako staying on the wing.

That would put Milf at 6.

If Milf is to transition to fullback... the 6 becomes a little more interesting. I'd say Bird is probably the next best, but that puts a lot of pressure on Croft to do all the organising, kicking, etc. and could give Boyd a life at center (at the expense of Coates, Herbie and Niu).

FWIW I for one hope Boyd ***** off and lives out his days in Qcup.

We will know more in January when real preseason starts and the players start taking positions on the field for ball work, etc.

He probably figured Milf had better work ethic and discipline to do what was best for the club ...
By trying to force him to play a position he was completely out of his depth in? Good coaching

By trying to force him to play a position he was completely out of his depth in? Good coaching

he isn't out of his depth at fullback ... he showed he his potential in the position at the Raiders ... he should never have been moved to the halves and tried to be turned into a game managing half (that is where he is out of his depth)

he isn't out of his depth at fullback ... he showed he his potential in the position at the Raiders ... he should never have been moved to the halves and tried to be turned into a game managing half (that is where he is out of his depth)

Now he is left being good at neither position. The only thing that he has improved on is his kicking game. Everything else has gone backwards. People can blame whatever coach they want for that but ultimately that's on Milf.

he played his last 5 games at the raiders at 6. Every coach other than seibold seems to know that’s his position

Just got a members email, turns out what we are waiting for it true. It's finally been confirmed. We are getting Broncos themed Hawaiian shirts. That will teach me for getting excited

Just saw this, but we had them last year too. They had Toucans on it. It looked fucking fantastic, even if only to piss the wife off.

Just saw this, but we had them last year too. They had Toucans on it. It looked fucking fantastic, even if only to piss the wife off.

Well that's Xmas sorted.

Broncos2
2019brisbaneBroncosHawaiian back standard 1024x1024

I'm not sure whether Lockyer literally said this, but he alluded to Milford possibly moving back into the halves to partner Croft, and that seems to be the prevailing mood. Seibold has said Boyd is finished at fullback, and the speculation is Isaako will trial at fullback if that happens. That line was pushed by AAP in various publications, but not in the one I posted.

If the idea of Isaako at fullback troubles you, how would you feel about Darius back there? Now compare that to swapping Isaako and Boyd. Lesser of two evils, maybe.

Me, I think we'll see Darius in the centres initially. He still has a good passing game, as long as the job is simply to receive it and pass it to Oates.
So yes, he said nothing about issako.

He's already been moved from 6. He's currently our fullback, until we learn otherwise. I would expect to, at some stage, see Dearden and O'Sullivan in the halves. Maybe partnered with Croft at 7. Maybe through injury or Origin shuffling. I'd bet on it, in fact.
Bring it on. How much?

So your criteria is winning a world club challenge at half is it ?
It's a suggested criteria? It is a title isn't it?

What's Dearden done? One linebreak and a kick for touch?

Superstar

So yes, he said nothing about issako.
They got the idea from somewhere. Maybe he said it off mike.
[automerge]1574855966[/automerge]
Bring it on. How much?
More than you have to lose.
[automerge]1574856056[/automerge]
It's a suggested criteria? It is a title isn't it?

What's Dearden done? One linebreak and a kick for touch?

Superstar
Impressed Darren Lockyer enough that he sees him as the future of the club.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • leon.bott
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.