NEWS Darren Lockyer confirms Brisbane Broncos' Brodie Croft signing

@Unbreakable i have a new one for your dictionary

The dictionary had to be put back on the shelf, it was getting too big for one signature, maybe I'll make a Google Docs with them all and put the link in my sig 👀

Thank God we didn’t sign this bloke.

Thank God we didn’t sign this bloke.
Wow I hope he has a plan B because he doesn’t look like a professional football player.

Unbreakable's accute sense of spelling names accurately.

I've been practicing Fa'asuamaleaui in the hopes that Seibold will sign a decent Melbourne Storm prospect.
You mean take back one of there prospects.

Croft is no more than a stop gap option at halfback. If he couldn't succeed at Melbourne, he isn't going to suddenly become elite here.

Dearden is our future.
Omg

What classifies as "made it" for you??
What exactly classifies as made it for a player at any club? Honestly what's your criteria on this?

He's won a world club challenge at Halfback? Not many halves around in the NRL that have done that.. actually, are there any? Possibly Like Keary maybe?

And what the hell have you even seen from Dearden to suggest he's the hail mary halfback we need? I could argue, Dearden wasn't able to make it at the Broncos..

Exactly. Which is why having that certain player with the best defence stats in the league somehow didn't translate to us having great defence. Nor did his impeccably low handling error rate translate into us having impeccable service from dummy half.

The numbers alone don't tell the story.
Also doesn't tell the story of how poor a defender Turpin was at Halfback. Wasn't his tackling technique or effectiveness, but his reads. They were terrible

Going off Lockys comments it will be Croft Milf Isaako Turps in our spine. Throw in Bird and Staggs in the centres and thats at least looking competent
Where did he mention Issako?

Where did he mention Issako?
I'm not sure whether Lockyer literally said this, but he alluded to Milford possibly moving back into the halves to partner Croft, and that seems to be the prevailing mood. Seibold has said Boyd is finished at fullback, and the speculation is Isaako will trial at fullback if that happens. That line was pushed by AAP in various publications, but not in the one I posted.

If the idea of Isaako at fullback troubles you, how would you feel about Darius back there? Now compare that to swapping Isaako and Boyd. Lesser of two evils, maybe.

Me, I think we'll see Darius in the centres initially. He still has a good passing game, as long as the job is simply to receive it and pass it to Oates.

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether Lockyer literally said this, but he alluded to Milford possibly moving back into the halves to partner Croft, and that seems to be the prevailing mood. Seibold has said Boyd is finished at fullback, and the speculation is Isaako will trial at fullback if that happens. That line was pushed by AAP in various publications, but not in the one I posted.

If the idea of Isaako at fullback troubles you, how would you feel about Darius back there? Now compare that to swapping Isaako and Boyd. Lesser of two evils, maybe.

Me, I think we'll see Darius in the centres initially. He still has a good passing game, as long as the job is simply to receive it and pass it to Oates.
In the centres at the expense of staggs or bird? I hope not. He's either right wing (assuming Isaako is fullback) or not in the squad at all.

How do you figure that Boyd or Staggs misses out if Boyd plays Centre? I guess they could both be a Utility, but that seems insane given Bird's work at Centre prior to injury and Staggs being easily our best outside Back last season?

Surely Boyd at Wing is the only logical option given our roster at this point?

Last edited:
In the centres at the expense of staggs or bird? I hope not. He's either right wing (assuming Isaako is fullback) or not in the squad at all.
How do you figure that Boyd or Staggs misses out if Boyd plays Centre? I guess they could both be a Utility, but that seems insane given Bird's work at Centre prior to injury and Staggs being easily our best outside Back last season?

Surely Boyd at Wing is the only logical option given our roster at this point?

Completely agree. I'm just relaying what others have said. One scenario might be to shift Bird to 6. We are talking about a coach who put Boyd and Turpin in the halves to retain Macca.

Completely agree. I'm just relaying what others have said. One scenario might be to shift Bird to 6. We are talking about a coach who put Boyd and Turpin in the halves to retain Macca.
If we finally, 2 years after letting Hunt go, actually recruit a proper Halfback, and then we go and screw Milford by moving him from 5/8, that'll just about do me. I agree, it's not impossible, but it'd had better be bloody unlikely.

Last edited:
If we finally, 2 years after letting Hunt go, actually recruit a proper Halfback, and then we go and screw Milford by moving him from 5/8, that'll just about do me. I agree, it's not impossible, but it'd had better be bloody unlikely.
He's already been moved from 6. He's currently our fullback, until we learn otherwise. I would expect to, at some stage, see Dearden and O'Sullivan in the halves. Maybe partnered with Croft at 7. Maybe through injury or Origin shuffling. I'd bet on it, in fact.

Last edited:
He's already been moved from 6. He's currently our fullback, until we learn otherwise. I would expect to, at some stage, see Dearden and O'Sullivan in the halves. Maybe partnered with Croft at 7. Maybe through injury or Origin shuffling. I'd bet on it, in fact.
Nothing is impossible pending Origin and injuries/suspensions etc. O'Sullivan is probably unlikely given he had like a 10 month long recovery in front of him and he's probably behind Dearden in the pecking order, but Dearden is a decent chance to get a run at some point given the nature of players being unavailable over such a long season.

Nothing is impossible pending Origin and injuries/suspensions etc. O'Sullivan is probably unlikely given he had like a 10 month long recovery in front of him and he's probably behind Dearden in the pecking order, but Dearden is a decent chance to get a run at some point given the nature of players being unavailable over such a long season.
**** knows with Seibs. Maybe Croft will end up at hooker. What’s certain is we need to find a place for Dearden.

Last edited:

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Porthoz
  • bert_lifts
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.