NEWS Darren Lockyer confirms Brisbane Broncos' Brodie Croft signing

Omg

What classifies as "made it" for you??
What exactly classifies as made it for a player at any club? Honestly what's your criteria on this?

He's won a world club challenge at Halfback? Not many halves around in the NRL that have done that.. actually, are there any? Possibly Like Keary maybe?

And what the hell have you even seen from Dearden to suggest he's the hail mary halfback we need? I could argue, Dearden wasn't able to make it at the Broncos..
So your criteria is winning a world club challenge at half is it ?

**** knows with Seibs. Maybe Croft will end up at hooker. What’s certain is we need to find a place for Dearden.
I don't really see that as a priority. Realistically, he's still barely had a run against grown men yet and coming into the Broncos setup he'd be playing second fiddle regardless of who he partners. I think a full season of running the show at Wynnum and gradually taking more and more responsibility from Scarlett would do him the world of good for his long term development. Lets see what he can do with 12 months to show he can carry the Seagulls and make his mark before we heap the pressure on him to do the same at Brisbane.

I'm not saying he didn't show himself to be capable in the run he had for us last year, he was more than fine. But he should never really have been put in that position in the first place and we shouldn't be asking so much of him when we now have other guys who can do the job.

I'm not sure whether Lockyer literally said this, but he alluded to Milford possibly moving back into the halves to partner Croft, and that seems to be the prevailing mood. Seibold has said Boyd is finished at fullback, and the speculation is Isaako will trial at fullback if that happens. That line was pushed by AAP in various publications, but not in the one I posted.

If the idea of Isaako at fullback troubles you, how would you feel about Darius back there? Now compare that to swapping Isaako and Boyd. Lesser of two evils, maybe.

Me, I think we'll see Darius in the centres initially. He still has a good passing game, as long as the job is simply to receive it and pass it to Oates.

seibs also said he had always planned to play Milf at 1 in 2020

I could argue, Dearden wasn't able to make it at the Broncos..
Not if you wanted to win the argument.
[automerge]1574813523[/automerge]
I don't really see that as a priority. Realistically, he's still barely had a run against grown men yet and coming into the Broncos setup he'd be playing second fiddle regardless of who he partners. I think a full season of running the show at Wynnum and gradually taking more and more responsibility from Scarlett would do him the world of good for his long term development. Lets see what he can do with 12 months to show he can carry the Seagulls and make his mark before we heap the pressure on him to do the same at Brisbane.

I'm not saying he didn't show himself to be capable in the run he had for us last year, he was more than fine. But he should never really have been put in that position in the first place and we shouldn't be asking so much of him when we now have other guys who can do the job.
Lockyer's said Dearden is the long term plan. He didn't look out of place in first grade. In fact, we beat the Roosters with him at 7, and fell apart against the Titans when he got injured. The sooner he gets some pressure game time peering with the seniors the sooner he'll become a big match player. I'd like to see him given another chance early on. Let's not wait until the finals when injury gives us no other option.

Last edited:
Siebs also says a lot of stuff that he then seems to change his mind on just as quickly. One of the things I really don't like about the guy.
Yeah that’s what I’m sort of getting at. Just because he said darbs is done at 1 doesn’t necessarily mean he is.

Where did he say this ?
Wrt the darbs is done at 1 I was responding to McHunt's post where it stated that. seibs definitely said the plan was always to do the switch for 2020, but now its looking likely that Milf will be back in the 6 which means that boyd cant be there so he could always turn up at 1 again.

If seibs does in fact move Milf back I commend him for admitting he was wrong.

Wrt the darbs is done at 1 I was responding to McHunt's post where it stated that. seibs definitely said the plan was always to do the switch for 2020, but now its looking likely that Milf will be back in the 6 which means that boyd cant be there so he could always turn up at 1 again.

We will have to agree to disagree again. He was not wrong to make the move, Boyd was stinking it up at fullback and we had no other viable options to take his place, hence in the circumstances it was the right move to shift Milford back there. Milford was not setting the world on fire at F/E and was not running enough. So the move was justified.

Where Seibold did make an error was trying to shoehorn Body into F/E. He should have been dropped altogether or he should have put him at Centre in replacement of Shiba.

Sorry mate. I missed that one. Are you able to link me? Cheers

Sorry mate. I missed that one. Are you able to link me? Cheers
Obscure quote source but direct quotes in their from seibs

Obscure quote source but direct quotes in their from seibs

oh...oh god....oh no. We’re going to have a spine of 1. Milford 6. Boyd 7. Croft 9/14. Macca/Turpin aren’t we??

oh...oh god....oh no. We’re going to have a spine of 1. Milford 6. Boyd 7. Croft 9/14. Macca/Turpin aren’t we??

Consensus seems to be Milf back at 6

I don't necessarily think it was a bad move at the time. Something had to change. In the modern game your Fullback is arguably more important than the 5/8 and our Fullback was just going so poorly and Isaako was off the radar at that point for personal reasons so rolling the dice on Milford was really his best bet at the time.

It may not have delivered a lot of success, but I think on the whole I can accept the reasoning behind it at the time that he had to do something drastic with limited options at his disposal. I fully expect Milford back at 5/8 for 2020 where he really belongs.

Consensus seems to be Milf back at 6
In fairness, the concensus is talking out of its arse. We really have no idea what the spine will be, other than to to be close to certain Turpin will be starting at 9 and Croft at 7. The next tier of certainty would be to guess Seibs will continue with a ball playing utility coming in around the 50 minute mark, probably to rest Turpin. The fear is it will be Macca.

In fairness, the concensus is talking out of its arse. We really have no idea what the spine will be, other than to to be close to certain Turpin will be starting at 9 and Croft at 7. The next tier of certainty would be to guess Seibs will continue with a ball playing utility coming in around the 50 minute mark, probably to rest Turpin. The fear is it will be Macca.
It almost certainly will be Macca. It's dumb, but you can just feel it in your bones that it's what we're going to get.

I dont mean on here. Locky has said it and people around the game have said it.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • Mister Wright
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • phoenix
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • bert_lifts
  • TimWhatley
  • Socnorb
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.