Darren Lockyer

A healthy disrespect for both the spirit and rules of the game, as well as a chip on his shoulder the size of Victoria.
2 concurrent contracts?
An immeasurable inability to self-reflect or recognise / acknowledge his mistakes, let alone take ownership for them?

The 2006 prelim. Despite the scoreboard at halftime, he was in control that entire game. The maestro.
Same for the Semi final vs the Knights where he put 50 on Joey's knights in his last ever play off game. (lulz).

I also recommend Game 3 2011. QLD was unstoppable in that first half, and it was Lockyer imo leading the way.
I just watched it and thought he was terrible by his standards for the first 50-60 minutes. Playing to sidewards, kicking it dead, passes finding the grass, caught a kick off that should’ve gone dead, tackled on the 4th a few times. Hodges was keeping us in it with an absolute master class.

the last 20 minutes though Lockyer turned it on and completely dominated.

2 concurrent contracts?
An immeasurable inability to self-reflect or recognise / acknowledge his mistakes, let alone take ownership for them?

The fact he and the Storm keep claiming the cheating premierships as valid is so annoying. And I get that's probably half the reason they do it, but when they say 'well we still won those games' yeah but you had an illegal team, that despite how good you and Bellyache are at being the Storm, you aren't winning every game up to and including the grand final if you don't have all those players there, who were only there because they were getting double contracts.

I don't mean to derail the thread anymore, but I will never believe Cam didn't know he was on two deals. He's too smart to play that dumb convincingly

I just watched it and thought he was terrible by his standards for the first 50-60 minutes. Playing to sidewards, kicking it dead, passes finding the grass, caught a kick off that should’ve gone dead, tackled on the 4th a few times. Hodges was keeping us in it with an absolute master class.

the last 20 minutes though Lockyer turned it on and completely dominated.
I always thought he was setting them up for the short play later in the game. I could be bias though, he did no wrong in my memory lol.

A healthy disrespect for both the spirit and rules of the game, as well as a chip on his shoulder the size of Victoria.

2 concurrent contracts?

Who are you both referring to here? Cameron Smith.....??

I don't get it......

Is there any games in particular I should watch where he just controls and wins the game for us

Not wins the game but great display of his skills.

Round five 1996 v Cowboys- comes off the bench in his 15th game wearing 15 and scores a try and throws the final pass for Sailor and Kerrod and Kevin- kicks 2/2.

Round 21 1998 v Rams- Two weeks off with a jaw injury and comes back runs 110m for a try and pulls down Daylight in a cover defending tackle- kicks 7/8

Round 21 v 2002 v Storm- Masterclass at passing with Alf missing. Dominated the Storm.

Best Broncos player ever, but is running the club into the ground with his squad management.

I find it funny that everyone calls him the goat. It’s either short memories or millennials who ignore the past.

I remember so many hospital passes to Thaiday that I find it hard to look past them.

I think all the clutch victories outweigh that tbh. Watching old games fairly often as I do, I'm surprised at the amount of bad passes and options he took - but he always made up for it. For every bad pass, there were two good ones, usually putting on tries.

Also had plays in him that Smith, JT, Cronk etc could only dream of.

Active Now

• Ironbroncos
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • KickHaas
  • FACTHUNT
  • Emanon
  • Robboi_321
  • Fitzy
  • Lozza
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • Totally Unr3al
  • RodF
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.