THE BOSS Dave Donaghy - Broncos CEO

Donaghy speaks:

“I’m very disappointed Storm has taken this approach after an incredibly successful seven years with the club. This is a very simple dispute. Storm says their restraint clause is enforceable, I say that it’s not. I have given a number of undertakings to Storm stating that I have not and will not divulge any of their confidential information, if such a thing even exists in rugby league."

“Storm knows this, but apparently that is not enough. I am more than happy to protect Storm’s information, but me not working for six months is not necessary to achieve that. Adding to my disappointment, whilst Storm has been quick to enforce what it says its rights are, they’ve been very slow to pay. They have still not paid my full contractual entitlements for 2020, which were due last year."

“Hopefully we will be able to find a resolution.”

McHunt

Couple of articles on the courier fail if anyone wants to do the lords work and summarize them.

Ha perfect timing

Last edited:
Donaghy speaks:

“I’m very disappointed Storm has taken this approach after an incredibly successful seven years with the club. This is a very simple dispute. Storm says their restraint clause is enforceable, I say that it’s not. I have given a number of undertakings to Storm stating that I have not and will not divulge any of their confidential information, if such a thing even exists in rugby league."

“Storm knows this, but apparently that is not enough. I am more than happy to protect Storm’s information, but me not working for six months is not necessary to achieve that. Adding to my disappointment, whilst Storm has been quick to enforce what it says its rights are, they’ve been very slow to pay. They have still not paid my full contractual entitlements for 2020, which were due last year."

McHunt

hmmm Tripp sounds more and more like a dodgy businessman.

trying to claim the moral (and legal) high ground is laughable when you haven't paid what your contractually obligated to pay.

Donaghy speaks:

McHunt
A CEO willing to take it to the storm wanks... I like it

Donaghy speaks:

McHunt
Well he’s won me over already 😂

Haha, what a legend to put them on blast for not paying him yet. What absolute fucktards, if I was involved in the NRL in any capacity I wouldn't go within a mile of Melbourne after seeing this unfold.

Awaiting a certain members defence of the Melbourne "never do anything wrong or dodgy" storm here

Donaghy speaks:

McHunt
A very measured and professionally courteous, yet at the same time, deliberate and direct backhand.

Great stuff.

Last edited:
Dave is the only time we've fucked over the Storm since 2006.

He might be symbolic of changing tides. I think Dave will be CEO during some good times ahead.

He's got the pedigree that's for sure. I am super excited about him coming on board.

Also, compare the pair in the way he has responded to the Storm's bullying and how Seibold responded at the first sign of pressure during the Bennett dumping saga. It is so refreshing to have made the right decision for once.

Breath of fresh air.

Intrigued the Storm are playing lawyers at 10 paces... Makes me think the Broncs are on the right path!

Last edited:
I hope he settles this soon. It’s obviously what’s holding up negotiations with Smith.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Reds2011
  • Strop
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.