OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

Maybe they've already landed him, and part of that process now is to announce to other applicants they were no longer successful?
Not if he can't even negotiate until next year

the 2nd choice is reportedly an executive from an ASX top 5 company ... so he won't be a slouch
Until we tell him he's missed out on the job because we are waiting for another Storm related screw over

that won't happen you idiot
Yeah I forgot you still have faith in our board to do the right thing. Literally happened when we put our eggs in the Bellamy basket last time, in turn fucking over a really good coach, creating an untenable environment that led to signing someone that anyone with a clue could see wasn't a very good coach, but was lucky enough to have a very good team that someone else put together. Insults are cool now? I've noticed you're allowed to bait and insult these days.

Yeah I forgot you still have faith in our board to do the right thing. Literally happened when we put our eggs in the Bellamy basket last time, in turn fucking over a really good coach, creating an untenable environment that led to signing someone that anyone with a clue could see wasn't a very good coach, but was lucky enough to have a very good team that someone else put together. Insults are cool now? I've noticed you're allowed to bait and insult these days.
I have full faith that so long as Paul White is still stalking the corridors of Red Hill that he will not allow himself to waste this one last opportunity to see if he can spectacularly **** one more thing up for the Broncos before he's out the door himself.

We've been down this road before with Bellamy. Frankly I'll believe it when I see it. I'm hoping the departure of White is the difference this time but who knows.

Tripp’s frustration gives me hope this is well on the cards

Dobbo said before the game last night that they will keep White on until January

doesn't need to ... especially if we sign Bellamy to run our football operations
I would be more comfortable if he had some appreciation of Rugby League and preferably had played it, not necessarily NRL level but at least local league somewhere.
Not essential but definitely desirable especially as the Bellamy prospect can't happen until 2022 if at all.

I would be more comfortable if he had some appreciation of Rugby League and preferably had played it, not necessarily NRL level but at least local league somewhere.

you mean someone like .... Paul White

edit: thought i'd add some of his rugby league credentials to be constructive

• Captained rugby league teams in north and central Queensland.
  • Premiership player and coach in Emerald, Moranbah, Mt Isa and Rockhampton.
  • Staff coach for the Queensland Academy of Sport Emerging Origin Players program in 2001, 2003 and 2004.
  • Queensland under 17 coach in 2006.
  • Named in 2008 in the Queensland Police Team of the Century, alongside league legends Mal Meninga and Wayne Bennett.

Last edited:
doesn't need to ... especially if we sign Bellamy to run our football operations
Now your talking - after a season blamed largely on inexperience all over the joint I’m wanting experienced people jammed in every corner. Wasting our time rebuilding if anything less in my opinion.

you mean someone like .... Paul White

edit: thought i'd add some of his rugby league credentials to be constructive

• Captained rugby league teams in north and central Queensland.
  • Premiership player and coach in Emerald, Moranbah, Mt Isa and Rockhampton.
  • Staff coach for the Queensland Academy of Sport Emerging Origin Players program in 2001, 2003 and 2004.
  • Queensland under 17 coach in 2006.
  • Named in 2008 in the Queensland Police Team of the Century, alongside league legends Mal Meninga and Wayne Bennett.
Yep that more than qualifies but of course still doesn't guarantee we won't get a numpty.

To be fair to white he was very good for most of his tenure the problem came when he fell out with Bennett, over what I have no idea but it then became a power struggle which he had the stronger hand for so was always likely to win.
Whole thing was just so unnecessary and has left us where we are today.

Yep that more than qualifies but of course still doesn't guarantee we won't get a numpty.

To be fair to white he was very good for most of his tenure the problem came when he fell out with Bennett, over what I have no idea but it then became a power struggle which he had the stronger hand for so was always likely to win.
Whole thing was just so unnecessary and has left us where we are today.

I agree with that, i will say i put some, but not all, of the blame on Bennett for the split

Active Now

• Griffo
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Maddy
  • levikaden
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Stix
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Inknition
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
  • Lozza
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.