OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

But then all our players would have had layer tins...

Thanks, I’m here all day.

And the NRL salary cap would be all over it thinking it is a payment outside the salary cap.

I am getting so confused with this case.

Surely there is an NDA in place, but if there is than why have specific items in the non-compete... or if there is an NDA in place then why complain about enforcing the non-compete for those reasons.

If there is an NDA the judge can just throw the case out citing that the NDA protects their "secrets".

If there is no NDA and they have seriously let all their "secrets" be at risk in the hope of amnesia within a 6 month moratorium then their legal department sounds like it's on par with the Brisbane administration.

Following the moratorium Donaghy can just ask Nolan to go off and reverse engineer a similar platform... maybe they can call it the Strategic Talent Optimisation Recruitment Method or S.T.O.R.M for short
Isn’t Nolan gonna be too busy pouring everyone some xxxx? Sure as **** isn’t busy doing any recruitment.

We very nearly got Bunn from the Storm for this year but it got down to Bunn or Dave D coming but not both.
I think PW looked after Nolan with a 3 year contract as well.
Bunn was very keen to come to Brisbane.
Why not both?

Surely Dave D trys to get him for next year or the year after and gives Nolan the boot.

We very nearly got Bunn from the Storm for this year but it got down to Bunn or Dave D coming but not both.
This really upsets me

Why only one or the other ? Why not both?

Tallis today backing Kevvie (no surprise there) however had a massive dig at those above KW.
He went on to say that there was a planned race day for the current Broncos squad and the old boys for Saturday (yesterday) however it was cancelled by the club.
Apparently not KW, but those above him cancelled it.
Right there tells me not a lot has changed at the club. The board/chairman are still calling all the shots and sounds like KW has been given bugger all say/support which is super disappointing if true.
KW needs to have 100% control of what happens at this club or else this will continue to be the norm on field.

Tallis today backing Kevvie (no surprise there) however had a massive dig at those above KW.
He went on to say that there was a planned race day for the current Broncos squad and the old boys for Saturday (yesterday) however it was cancelled by the club.
Apparently not KW, but those above him cancelled it.
Right there tells me not a lot has changed at the club. The board/chairman are still calling all the shots and sounds like KW has been given bugger all say/support which is super disappointing if true.
KW needs to have 100% control of what happens at this club or else this will continue to be the norm on field.
What do you think the public perception would be had it gone ahead after Friday nights performance?

So the boys were just saving their energy on Friday night for the big fun race day the next day? Which moron planned it in the first place? This shit is comical, it’s meant to be a recovery day isn’t it? I’m not joking this shit is so ludicrous it’s funny.

What do you think the public perception would be had it gone ahead after Friday nights performance?
If I knew that it was pre-planned, that it was an event where the old boys were getting around the young blokes who are clearly struggling I wouldn’t have an issue with it.
Instead, it probably just pisses the players off that they aren’t really getting much support.
Somehow I don’t think the club cancelling the event will make them want to win anymore on field next week.

Why not both?

Surely Dave D trys to get him for next year or the year after and gives Nolan the boot.
I believe he is contracted plus we have Nolan under contract.
I'm not comfortable saying much more .

Last edited:
If I knew that it was pre-planned, that it was an event where the old boys were getting around the young blokes who are clearly struggling I wouldn’t have an issue with it.
Instead, it probably just pisses the players off that they aren’t really getting much support.
Somehow I don’t think the club cancelling the event will make them want to win anymore on field next week.
That’s not the way it would have been reported.

I believe he is contracted plus we have Nolan under contract.
I'm not comfortable saying much more .
Please tell me this is the final year of Nolan’s contract then.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Lozza
  • Rookie Alan
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Kev_Guz
  • thenry
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Rah88
... and 51 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.