OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said last year until he was locked in I’d consider him gone because I didn’t have any faith in the club getting it done.

It’s overs for sure but Brisbane have stuffed up too. Stuffed up with a horribly uncompetitive side, stuffed up with coach no one wants to play for. And stuffed up with their incredible negotiating tactic of “it’s going well, we’re in no hurry...” Well Dave wasn’t in a hurry either and every month that went by opponents were offering him 50k more. As someone said earlier, the Roosters would never had gone about it that way. They didn’t with Latrell and he ended up on less money elsewhere lol.

Gutted to see him go but not unexpected given the money thrown at him.

I have a feeling he'll be back once the 3 years is over.

Sad day, but he has made his choice. He is now our enemy and dead to me. Hopefully Seibs lets him go now. It will not improve this side at all to keep him around. We have 9 games to salvage something for this year.

The focus now has to be rounding out this team by finding a quilty fullback for next year. Offload some of the remaining crap like Milf and bring in some older starch to the pack and possibly a more complete half if one exists.

Better coach, equally good young forward pack, more stability, better balanced roster (doesn’t mean it’s good), money to burn still in expiring bad contracts and players they want to get rid of that still have currency.

Coach I will give you, but the rest of it I’ll have to respectfully disagree. If you were an outsider coming into the game and had to play / coach / manage one of the 2 clubs and you had your choice, I don’t think there’s any way you could say the Titans are superior.

They have awful big money contracts too (Taylor, Boyd) And now with Fifita and Esse’Esse they have a very similar team to ours... young forward pack with plenty of potential, awful spine and subpar backline options.

Wowwwww. Finally a home grown superstar since Hodges retired and we can’t even keep him around. This club is pus

Well, guess I'll still get to cheer him in Origin

I said last year until he was locked in I’d consider him gone because I didn’t have any faith in the club getting it done.

It’s overs for sure but Brisbane have stuffed up too. Stuffed up with a horribly uncompetitive side, stuffed up with coach no one wants to play for. And stuffed up with their incredible negotiating tactic of “it’s going well, we’re in no hurry...” Well Dave wasn’t in a hurry either and every month that went by opponents were offering him 50k more. As someone said earlier, the Roosters would never had gone about it that way. They didn’t with Latrell and he ended up on less money elsewhere lol.

This is what happens when you have a board at least partially comprised of people with no business experience or serious academic qualifications.

Reactions: Gaz
This could be a blessing in disguise if the coach goes out the door with him. The team didn’t need another forward. Would love to have kept him of course but now there is money to chase players in position of need.

I think people are underestimating how good a hooker Brandon Smith is as well. I think him being used like Hinchcliffe and Melbourne has made people forget he is a top quality hooker himself.
Yep he is excellent and absolutely oozes competitive drive. Everything this team would greatly benefit from. I'd gladly take him or Grant.

Horrible news, possibly worse than the past nine weeks combined.

It's official, the club is a basket case and the club has to act now if they want to secure their future. They cannot afford to delay, changes have to be made otherwise they run the risk of becoming the bottom feeders of the competition.

A lot of damage has already been done. There has been an exodus of junior talent and there's little else coming through.

There are no magic signings. This is going to take years to sort out and I cannot see the Broncos making any significant changes until 2022.

Awful news, the club just keeps getting lower and lower.

Coach I will give you, but the rest of it I’ll have to respectfully disagree. If you were an outsider coming into the game and had to play / coach / manage one of the 2 clubs and you had your choice, I don’t think there’s any way you could say the Titans are superior.

They have awful big money contracts too (Taylor, Boyd) And now with Fifita and Esse’Esse they have a very similar team to ours... young forward pack with plenty of potential, awful spine and subpar backline options.

You need a metric? Look at the ladder. We're paying a fortune for numpties too.

Problem is with Bird and Milf is firstly, they have lucrative contracts, and secondly, their stock isnt very high and i reckon we would have to chip in way too much for other teams to take them. We dont have a good bargaining position.

In all honesty, i'd be shopping around those two, plus TPJ and Joffa, possibly even Lodge. Whether the club wants to admit it or now, we are in a rebuilding stage.

All those players you named were meant to be the rebuilding as the class of 08 and before were finishing up. But we need to knock down the rebuild half way through and rebuild the rebuild. It’s a mess.

Take a look at how the roosters handled contract talks with Mitchell. Offered him a fair price and set a date to chose by. If he doesn’t want it see ya later. The irony is that extra pressure early on probably would’ve kept him.
100%.. The Broncs contract signers appear to be negotiation easybeats.

Stupid money, can't blame him. But financially it's going to cripple them.

Or get them a premiership. The bigger problem is how do we lure any talent here? Seibold has to go

Its' really not the worst news in the world. Fifita would have been solid value at 700-800k, but to expect the Broncos to match 1M+ for him would truly make us a basketcase club.

We are missing a genuine 5/8th and fullback and this should be addressed before anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncs1459
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Waynesaurus
  • Scorchie
  • Bish
  • mrslong
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Wendall Taylor
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.