OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing but how could you knock back that sort of $$. Glad we didn’t pay overs for him. Will be interesting to see where that cash ends up being spent by the Bronco.
Extending Milfs contract to 2024 and Boyd as assistant defensive coach!😂

This is the straw that breaks the camels back.
Five years of misery here we come.
Just in time for another Brisbane team eh, fancy that.

Offload Bird.

Give Cameron Smith a ring. His missus has said she wants to return to Brisbane one day.
While we are at it we should offer Bellamy another contract. Give both of the pricks another chance to leverage us for bigger Storm contracts like the last five attempts to sign either of them

Really glad we spent all that money and effort getting this **** out of the Bali scam, should've let him rot like Schapelle Corby.

Yeah I'm trying not to be petty but that is bothering me a bit. Its not like he wouldn't be offered another lucrative contract by multiple clubs in 3 years time.

Well, lets try to think positive. Maybe this will end up being exactly like with Hodges, who also left for 3 years at around the same age and came back and became a legend. Use this time to fix the rest of the side and see if we can get him back in 3 years.
The club gave him a very fair offer for a backrower, they aren’t going to offer him any more in three years time, not many clubs would.

Unbelievable ... I'm glad this shitshow is finally over but for mine he's made one huge error. I'm not saying that because we're losing him (if all of this is true) but he's still a "nobody" .. sure he's got huge potential but that's all he's got ... potential. The pressure on him is gonna be freakin' huge and he'd better come up to snuff or he'll become one of those so-called "journeymen" who drift from club to club never fully realising the promise that they showed as a 20 year old ... I remember getting all pumped up when I saw Dave Taylor in the lower grades and the expectations on him when he moved up ... and we ALL know how that turned out. I'll be watching with interest ... in the meantime, onward and upward for us mere mortals.

Tpj has to be fashioned into a full time second rower from this point onwards imo.

Get the cash ready for any decent spine player coming off contract. The first man on our radar should be Grant, he’s a guy who is worth throwing titans money at.

The club should go all in on Keary and Grant now. Punting Milf and Bird (and subsidising 50%) gives a million next year - Keary.

Fifita’s money + Boyd + Kahu = Grant.

Macca’s money + Joffa (subsidised as well) = Opacic + one other established first grade forward.

In some ways we have to careful now not to just chase the superstars. We need efficient players who can get the job done and wont crumble under pressure. Priority for me is a hooker, followed by a fullback. Add to that an experienced forward ( Always been a big fan of Chris Hill, but he's almost 33, may be good for 12 months though ) and a center and i think we will be more competitive next year. The year after we will have Milf and Bird money to throw at somebody.

I'd also be looking at some of the good players from ISC, Jordan Grant, a prop from Redcliffe and Nixon Putt, a back rower from Norths Devils spring to mind. I dont think we would get him, but Toby Rudolf from the Sharks would be good as well, but i think he is staying at the Sharks now.

Last edited:
In some ways we have to careful now not to just chase the superstars. We need efficient players who can get the job done and wont crumble under pressure. Priority for me is a hooker, followed by a fullback. Add to that an experienced forward ( Always been a big fan of Chris Hill, but he's almost 33, may be good for 12 months though ) and a center and i think we will be more competitive next year. The year after we will have Milf and Bird money to throw at somebody.

I'd also be looking at some of the good players from ISC, Jordan Grant, a prop from Redcliffe and Nixon Putt, a back rower from Norths Devils spring to mind. I dont think we would get him, but Toby Rudolf from the Sharks would be good as well, but i think he is staying at the Sharks now.
Are any of them friends with Seibold and unwanted by anyone else though? Maybe they’re returning from a Mormon mission?

I hope to god he goes there, hates the place and plays like absolute trash. The look on Mal and Gordies face when they realise that 1.1mil for a backrower was way too much will make it worth while.

I wonder if his decision has put the final nail in seibolds coffin.....

I'd argue that a CHN type player is exactly what we need to replace Fifita. Its a shame he is already gone.

Fifita will go nowhere at the titans and will be out of there in 2/3 years where i'm sure he will win comps at his next team post Titans wherever that is.

I also hope we don't play him again this year.

It's all well and good saying we will have money to spend but

1) who's available that would significantly improve us and would want to be coached by seibold

2) given our recruitment and retention the last few years, can we even be sure it's going to be spent wisely?

I'm disappointed to have lost fifita, not only because he was going to be a cornerstone of our pack for the next decade but because it also represents how much we've fallen as a club. In the past we didn't lose players that we desperately wanted to keep because we had something else going for us, whether it be Bennett, or a good crop of players with old heads that could help him and others reach their potential, or even the ability to reliably challenge for the title. We have none of the above. Just a rabble trading on past glories.

Really glad we spent all that money and effort getting this **** out of the Bali scam, should've let him rot like Schapelle Corby.

Exactly! Finally someone that sees it like it is. Should have let the scumbag over there, Mama Fifita would have a hard time buying her house then.

I hope the club ‘leak’ the full details of what he did.

Tpj has to be fashioned into a full time second rower from this point onwards imo.

Get the cash ready for any decent spine player coming off contract. The first man on our radar should be Grant, he’s a guy who is worth throwing titans money at.
Grant will be a no go... he's a new CS9. Everytime he's due for renewal he will be linked with the Broncos and then sign for the storm.

And whilst we're fucking around like a bunch of rookies with a no go... B Smith will sign elsewhere.

We should go hard for Brandon ... his future at the storm is a lock / utility and I doubt he wants to see his career fade away playing second fiddle to Harry. It's one thing to be next inline to the best hooker of all time, but to be surpassed by a younger player means he has no future as a hooker in that team.

We should go hard at both... sign B Smith and make Storm pay overs for Grant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • sooticus
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Thelmus
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Jazza
  • Manlyman
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.