OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be spending anymore money on his rehab. Just give him to the work experience kid for his physio.

What a moron ... have fun trading your professional development and career prospects chasing short term dollars.

kid is as stupid as he looks. Pack your bags and get out tonight you drongo.

cant teach heart, loyalty and brains. Better off spending that money on players that have some of that.

Last edited:
The club should go all in on Keary and Grant now. Punting Milf and Bird (and subsidising 50%) gives a million next year - Keary.

Fifita’s money + Boyd + Kahu = Grant.

Macca’s money + Joffa (subsidised as well) = Opacic + one other established first grade forward.
Mate we're not getting Keary. Why would he leave a lucrative gig at a well-run successful club to come here? Grant might at least be a possibility even if a very remote one, but the Roosters don't lose players they want to keep.

I’m worried they will use that money to chase Bateman. He’d be a great pick up but not for what he wants.

Grant will be a no go... he's a new CS9. Everytime he's due for renewal he will be linked with the Broncos and then sign for the storm.

And whilst we're fucking around like a bunch of rookies with a no go... B Smith will sign elsewhere.

We should go hard for Brandon ... his future at the storm is a lock / utility.... I doubt he wants to play second fiddle to Harry

We should go hard at both... sign B Smith and make Storm pay overs for Grant

I mean I would take him, but B smith isn’t in the same stratosphere as a hooker imo. He’s a great player mind you, but Grant is a freak and someone who can turn our fortunes around.

Edit: and we have the cash to make him an obscene offer. There’s no other spine player in the comp who we would be missing out on by throwing 1.2 mil at Grant.

Last edited:
Remember when Seibold drove Fifita back from Sydney that time? I wonder if that's when Fifita made the decision.

Seibold: 'Now Dave, you're a good player, but you're not great. My statistical analysis tells me you only have a tackle efficiency of 76.43% when the opposition runs a sweeping play down the right with 2 decoy runners. That needs to improve over the off-season.'

Fifita:

It's all well and good saying we will have money to spend but

1) who's available that would significantly improve us and would want to be coached by seibold

2) given our recruitment and retention the last few years, can we even be sure it's going to be spent wisely?

I'm disappointed to have lost fifita, not only because he was going to be a cornerstone of our pack for the next decade but because it also represents how much we've fallen as a club. In the past we didn't lose players that we desperately wanted to keep because we had something else going for us, whether it be Bennett, or a good crop of players with old heads that could help him and others reach their potential, or even the ability to reliably challenge for the title. We have none of the above. Just a rabble trading on past glories.
I agree, I doubt we lose Fifita if Bennett was still attached to the club. Not that I wanted him as head coach but his offer to step down and take a football role was the direction we needed to go.

We could have $5M to spend next year, does anyone really trust Seibs to identify the correct players and White to get the deal done?

Whilst we are the easy beats of the comp, I can see us paying overs for someone like Chris McQueen in order to spend the cap.

I mean I would take him, but B smith isn’t in the same stratosphere as a hooker imo. He’s a great player mind you, but Grant is a freak and someone who can turn our fortunes around.

Edit: and we have the cash to make him an obscene offer. There’s no other spine player in the comp who we would be missing out on by throwing 1.2 mil at Grant.

I think people are underestimating how good a hooker Brandon Smith is as well. I think him being used like Hinchcliffe and Melbourne has made people forget he is a top quality hooker himself.

You can’t argue he is, he is going to a better club if looking at it objectively.

I know this season has been disappointing, but looking at it objectively there is not a single metric (outside of performance post COVID in 2020) in which the Titans are the superior club.

I’m worried they will use that money to chase Bateman. He’d be a great pick up but not for what he wants.

Is he still available? I’d take him on 800k (isn’t this around the figure he’s leaving Canberra for?) > Fifita on 1.1 mil

100% agree, they have to make this known to the guy ASAP.

I know this season has been disappointing, but looking at it objectively there is not a single metric (outside of performance post COVID in 2020) in which the Titans are the superior club.

Better coach, equally good young forward pack, more stability, better balanced roster (doesn’t mean it’s good), money to burn still in expiring bad contracts and players they want to get rid of that still have currency.

I agree, I doubt we lose Fifita if Bennett was still attached to the club. Not that I wanted him as head coach but his offer to step down and take a football role was the direction we needed to go.

We could have $5M to spend next year, does anyone really trust Seibs to identify the correct players and White to get the deal done?

Whilst we are the easy beats of the comp, I can see us paying overs for someone like Chris McQueen in order to spend the cap.

He never offered that, we offered that to him and he rejected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • lynx000
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BruiserMk1
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • upthehorse
  • Mustafur
  • Financeguy
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.